Windows 10: Close remote desktop session and launch an executable

Discus and support Close remote desktop session and launch an executable in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Having a Windows 10 Enteriprise 2016 LTSB installed on an industrial PC for a totem with a touch screen. This PC run a client application, for simple... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by davide445, Feb 8, 2019.

1. davide445 Win User

Close remote desktop session and launch an executable

Having a Windows 10 Enteriprise 2016 LTSB installed on an industrial PC for a totem with a touch screen.

This PC run a client application, for simple operations I need sometimes to access the PC with Remote Desktop from a remote location.

Finished my activity if I simply exit from Remote Desktop the PC will show a login screen to the users, obviously not what wanted

Using a .bat script with
    Code: tscon.exe 1 /dest:console[/quote] as administrator I'm able to leave the session and the PC didn't show the login screen, but shows the desktop, again not what I wanted.

Adding this command before the other
    Code: start "" "C:\Users\User\Desktop\BikeCube\BikeCube.exe"[/quote] it launch the client but didn't close the session.

There is a way to close the session and immediately launch the client, or the opposite.
    The final status need to be the the touch screen with the client app opened.

:)

davide445, Feb 8, 2019

2. Remote Desktop - Screen resolution in remote session

I have connected to a remote desktop session and the windows in the remote session are all too small for me to see.

I have edited the remote desktop connection settings and cannot seem to make anything larger.

I am using a new Dell Inspiron Laptop which has a very high screen resolution 3840 x 2160

Any suggestions appreciated

Thank you

GreenlaneAC, Feb 8, 2019
  3. how to force closing program when log off (remote desktop connection)

There are two ways to terminate a Remote Desktop session:

• By logging off. This will close all active applications.
    • By closing the session. All active applications will remain open. This is by design.
    If you wish to close an orphaned application then you can do it with a scheduled command that runs once every ten minutes. It would use one of these commands to determine if there was an active Remote Desktop session:

query session

query user

If no live session was present then it would use taskkill.exe to kill the unwanted application. Unsaved data would be lost.

Frederik Long, Feb 8, 2019
  4. ziggggy Win User

Logging in locally after remote desktop session is very slow on 1803

There is only 1 user account on the desktop. Sometimes I close the remote desktop session on the laptop and other times I just close the lid on the laptop, putting the laptop to sleep, without closing remote desktop. Either way, when I try to log into the same account on my desktop, I get the blue screen for a period of time. This never happened before 1803.

ziggggy, Feb 8, 2019
Thema:

1. Close remote desktop session and launch an executable - Similar Threads - Close remote desktop

2. Mouse not captured in Remote Desktop session

in Windows 10 News
    Mouse not captured in Remote Desktop session: [IMG]If you use an old version of Hyper-V and it displays an error message saying Mouse not captured in Remote Desktop session, here is how you can eliminate the issue. Even if you get this problem on a newer version of Hyper-V, you could still follow the same tips to...
  3. Remote desktop session disconnections

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Remote desktop session disconnections: Hello to all.I have a problem with one of users of my RDS server.Client is Windows 10, server is Windows Server 2016Client works via openvpn connection At start of a work, he has multiple cases of remote desktop session disconnections mostly at first 1-2 hour of working,...
  4. Remote desktop session disconnections

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Remote desktop session disconnections: Hello to all.I have a problem with one of users of my RDS server.Client is Windows 10, server is Windows Server 2016Client works via openvpn connection At start of a work, he has multiple cases of remote desktop session disconnections mostly at first 1-2 hour of working,...
  5. Remote desktop session disconnections

in Windows 10 Gaming
  6. Use host GPU in Remote Desktop Session

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Use host GPU in Remote Desktop Session: Hello all,I'm trying to get my host computer, Windows 10, to use the GPU graphics card 3060Ti during a remote desktop session from my Windows 11 laptop.I did some searching around and every post/article I found pointed me towards a local group policy change.The instructions...
  7. The remote session was disconnected because there are no Remote Desktop License Servers...

in Windows 10 News
    The remote session was disconnected because there are no Remote Desktop License Servers...: [ATTACH]Remote Desktop Session Host (RDSH) is a role in Remote Desktop Services (RDS) that host Windows applications or desktops. These can be accessed using the […] This article The remote session was disconnected because there are no Remote Desktop License Servers...
  8. Close remote desktop session and launch an executable

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Close remote desktop session and launch an executable: Having a Windows 10 Enteriprise 2016 LTSB installed on an industrial PC for a totem with a touch screen. This PC run a client application, for simple operations I need sometimes to access the PC with Remote Desktop from a remote location. Finished my activity if I simply...
  9. Remote Desktop Randomly Closes

Remote Desktop Randomly Closes: When I try to connect to my work server via Remote Desktop, it randomly closes, sometimes after a few seconds, sometimes after a few minutes. I have Windows 10 Home 1803 17134.407 When I use other computers it works perfectly. I have disabled EVERYTHING and the problem...
  10. Windows 10 remote desktop session

Windows 10 remote desktop session: I'm trying to connect to my work computer using remote desktop. I have physical access to both. I am getting the following error: your computer could not connect to another console session on the remote computer because you already have a console session in progress. I...