Windows 10: Close Running Programs

Discus and support Close Running Programs in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Because Windows Live Mail stopped downloading emails from the server Earthlink after I did the Feature upgrade to Windows 10, version 2004 on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by BettyLongfellow, Oct 12, 2020.

1. Close Running Programs

Because Windows Live Mail stopped downloading emails from the server Earthlink after I did the Feature upgrade to Windows 10, version 2004 on 9/16/2020, I have to close all running programs for the fix I found. I am not sure how to do that so want to find out the correct procedure. Thanks, Dennis

:)

BettyLongfellow, Oct 12, 2020

2. Why did the startup window get cleared?

I didn't missed any step, the list was gone and gone , even after using lot of programs the programs were not listed in that list.

smartali89, Oct 12, 2020
  3. Programs Closing

Hi,

Never heard of something like this, but the Graphics Card situation sounds familiar. I doubt your GPU is causing your programs to close though. Here's what I would do if I were in your shoes:

1. Uninstall and reinstall your GPU. Grab the latest drivers and make sure they are properly installed.
    2. Run an antivirus check. I personally recommend Malwarebytes Free.

Hope this helps.

Michaelvas17, Oct 12, 2020
  4. shevanel Win User

Close Running Programs

Any software to lock a running program?

Does anyone know of an ap or program that will allow me to lock software while in use so that it cannot be closed without a password or similar?

For example, if I have a media player open and running music is there a way or an ap that will allow no one to be able to close it, minimize it or use any other software on the PC?

Thanks for any suggestions...

shevanel, Oct 12, 2020
Thema:

Close Running Programs

1. Close Running Programs - Similar Threads - Close Running Programs

2. Programs Randomly Closing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Programs Randomly Closing: My programs keep randomly closing and I have absolutely no idea why it's occurring in the first place. I'm not getting any error messages. I already looked at a thread that had something similar going on, but that person has error messages regarding being out of memory. This...
  3. Programs Randomly Closing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Programs Randomly Closing: My programs keep randomly closing and I have absolutely no idea why it's occurring in the first place. I'm not getting any error messages. I already looked at a thread that had something similar going on, but that person has error messages regarding being out of memory. This...
  4. programs will not open or close

in Windows 10 Gaming
    programs will not open or close: I cannot open or close some programs. Outlook is stuck on screen. Can only 'close' by opening Word or some other. Opening using Desktop Outlook does not work....
  5. Close all running programs

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Close all running programs: Windows Live Mail has not downloaded any emails from our email server Earthlink since 9/16/2020 which suspiciously happen after I did the feature update to Windows 10, version 2004. One of the steps for the fix is to close all running programs which I am not sure how to do....
  6. close program running in background

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    close program running in background: when I shut down, where is always a program running https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/close-program-running-in-background/3f614455-a691-49db-ab18-65981ea0cd5f
  7. Programs Spontaneously Closing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Programs Spontaneously Closing: Hi. So for a while now, programs currently running on my computer have been spontaneously closing, usually when the computer is under stress when running games. I am not the one closing the programs and no viruses have been found on my computer. I have tried booting into...
  8. programs auto closing

programs auto closing: hi guys i have opened the builtin admn by changing the cmd to sethc so whenever i press shift 5 times at login it opens the cmd for me to type the net user admin /active:yes command but my question is i open taskmgr with the cmd i mentioned before I run programs from "run...
  9. Closing programs

Closing programs: Having Window 10 is cool but I need to know why I can't close Yahoo Messenger and Skype. "Quit Skype" is in a black area on Skype and "Sign Out" in Yahoo messenger is the same. I cannot close these 2 programs, they are not Apps, when I am ready to shut down the computer. Does...
  10. Programs Closing

Programs Closing: I'm not an expert, so please go easy on me. My main problem is programs suddenly close. When using a browser (Firefox or Chrome) the program will close. Approx every 3-5 minutes. However, there are times it will stay open for significantly longer. I've tried using Firefox...