Windows 10: Closed apps after a while

Discus and support Closed apps after a while in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi every one For some time now, when I run the software and do not work with the computer,the software closes automatically after about 1 hour.For... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by reza moshiri, Oct 13, 2020.

1. Closed apps after a while

Hi every one

For some time now, when I run the software and do not work with the computer,the software closes automatically after about 1 hour.For example, with a download manager software, I put a few videos in the download queue. If I do not work with this software after an hour, it closes automatically, but if I visit it constantly, it does not close.
    How can I fix this problem?
    Thank you

:)

reza moshiri, Oct 13, 2020

2. Unable to close Calculator app on Windows 10.

Hi,

To assist you better, I would like to ask if the issue persists with other Windows Apps as well.

I suggest you to press/hold the left click button on the title bar of the calculator and drag the Windows to shrink the size of the Windows and check if the close (X) option appears. If the issue still persists, then suggest you to run the Windows Store
    Apps troubleshooter by following the steps provided below:

• Type “Troubleshooting” in search box and press Enter.
    • Click on View all on top left pane.
    • Select “Windows Store Apps” from the list and follow the prompts for troubleshooting.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Oct 13, 2020
  3. Windows Apps automatically closes

hey,

I suggest you to perform the following steps one by one and check if it helps.

• Running the App troubleshooter
    Run the App troubleshooter named Windows store Apps from control Panel and check if it helps.

If not then,

• Perform System File Check (SFC)
    Follow the steps:

a. Press “Windows Key + Q” to open search Bar.

b. Type cmd without quotes in the search box.

c. On the left pane, right click on the “cmd” option and select “Run as Administrator”.

d. Type sfc /scannow’ without quotes and hit enter.

If still not helps then,

• run the System update readiness command. It detects incorrect manifests, cabinets or registry data, it may replace the incorrect data with corrected version available. Follow the steps.
    • Press Windows key + X.
    • Click command prompt (Run as administrator).
    • In the Administrator: Command Prompt window, type the following commands. Press Enter key after each command:
    DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth

To close the Administrator: Command prompt window, type Exit, and then press Enter.

Reply back with the results would be happy to help.

Sumit Dhiman2, Oct 13, 2020
  4. Closed apps after a while

Why does Windows 10 close apps immediately after they are opened?

Hi Jim,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

In order to help you better, could you please confirm a couple of things:

• Are you facing this issue with all the apps?
    • Are you getting any error message while the apps are closing?
    This issue may be caused by some app corruption or some third party app confliction. I suggest you to follow the methods given below:

Method 1:
    I suggest you to run the
    Windows store app
    troubleshooter and check if it helps.

• Type troubleshooting in the search bar.
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • Select View all on the top left corner.
    • Click on Windows Store app.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions to run the troubleshooter.
    • Check if issue persists.
    If issue persist kindly follow the below given method.

Method 2:
    I suggest you to run System file checker. System File checker (SFC) scan is done to check if there are any corrupted system files that could be causing this issue. Kindly follow the below given steps:

• Press Windows key + X, select Command prompt (Admin)
      to bring up elevated Command prompt.
    • In Command prompt type sfc/scannow and press enter.
    • Restart the computer.
    If no corrupted system files were found in the previous state, then I suggest you to try the following steps:

• Open command prompt by pressing Windows key + X and selecting “Command prompt admin”.
    • In command prompt, type the following commands and press Enter after each command:
    • DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth
    • DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth
    3. Close the command prompt and restart the PC and check if it works.

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Oct 13, 2020
Thema:

Closed apps after a while

1. Closed apps after a while - Similar Threads - Closed apps while

2. Mail app stopped giving notifications while closed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mail app stopped giving notifications while closed: I have used the mail app for many years with no real issues.For the last few weeks, I don't get any notifications when the mail app is closed even with background app refresh on.I am using Windows 10 with all the latest updates and patches via windows update.I found other...
  3. Mail app stopped giving notifications while closed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mail app stopped giving notifications while closed: I have used the mail app for many years with no real issues.For the last few weeks, I don't get any notifications when the mail app is closed even with background app refresh on.I am using Windows 10 with all the latest updates and patches via windows update.I found other...
  4. Microsoft store's Apps close on while on sleeping

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft store's Apps close on while on sleeping: Hi, new here, i have a matebook x pro 2021 i7-1165G7 with windows 11 Pro. While the pc is asleep all and only the apps that i downloaded from the microsoft store close or crash, idk any solutions? already try all the first google page solutions...
  5. Microsoft store's Apps close on while on sleeping

Microsoft store's Apps close on while on sleeping: Hi, new here, i have a matebook x pro 2021 i7-1165G7 with windows 11 Pro. While the pc is asleep all and only the apps that i downloaded from the microsoft store close or crash, idk any solutions? already try all the first google page solutions...
  6. Laptop screen active while closed after startup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop screen active while closed after startup: Hi. I am running windows 11 latest as of this post. I have an acer nitro an515-55 laptop. I have set the closed lid action to do nothing. I am connected via hdmi to an external monitor. If I have the lid open and go to display settings it correctly shows both monitors. If I...
  7. Laptop screen active while closed after startup

Laptop screen active while closed after startup: Hi. I am running windows 11 latest as of this post. I have an acer nitro an515-55 laptop. I have set the closed lid action to do nothing. I am connected via hdmi to an external monitor. If I have the lid open and go to display settings it correctly shows both monitors. If I...
  8. Screen keeps transparent print of closed apps for a while.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Screen keeps transparent print of closed apps for a while.: My PC keeps transparent marks of running or closed apps for a while. It even keeps the marks in the time of shatdown. I reinstall my window 10 but still facing the same problem. Is a problem of OS or hardware. What should I do to avoid this priblem....
  9. App closes automatically while working on it

App closes automatically while working on it: In Windows 10, while working on DaVinci Resolve, the app closes automatically after few minutes, on that few minutes the app runs smooth, any help please....
  10. mail app closes by itself while in use

in Browsers and Email
    mail app closes by itself while in use: this app has been sloggy, but now, when i finally get it to my hotmail account, it closes unexpectedly. first of all, it automatically opens to my gmail account rather than the hotmail. if i try to sync to receive new mail or click on a message, it will close instead of...