Windows 10: Closed Microsoft Account - Windows 10

Discus and support Closed Microsoft Account - Windows 10 in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; I have a Window 10 laptop that I use a few times a year. I cancelled all my extra Microsoft accounts not realizing that the laptop was using one as an... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by AnneBello, May 30, 2020.

1. AnneBello Win User

Closed Microsoft Account - Windows 10

I have a Window 10 laptop that I use a few times a year. I cancelled all my extra Microsoft accounts not realizing that the laptop was using one as an administrator. I tried to follow the directions to add an account, and it restarted, - however now I can't get in at all because since the account is closed, the password doesn't exist. I tried to reboot holding the shift key, but I can't seem to bypass the start screen that requires a password for an account that doesn't exist.

What I want to accomplish is to get in, and set up the Microsoft Account I have for my desk top on my laptop so I can sync and do more things, and it's less confusing.

Please help! Thank you so much , Anne Bello

:)

AnneBello, May 30, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

As you may already know, Windows 10 (as well as Windows 8) allow you to log in with a valid Microsoft account, instead of creating a local account that only works on your machine. However, you may prefer to keep a local account for privacy reasons. If you do, though, some Windows 10 features—like Cortana—may not work. Despite the default behavior, the Windows 10 Store is not one of them. You can still log in to your Microsoft account for just the Store without switching to a full Microsoft account. The process, however, is not terribly obvious. To do so, follow these steps:

• Launch the Store from your Start menu.
    • Click the user icon next to the search box.
    • Click “Sign-in” from the menu that appears.
    • Choose “Microsoft account” and log in like normal.
    • When the “Make it yours” box appears do not enter your password. Instead, click “Sign in to just this app instead.”
    from Lifehacker

Ahhzz, May 30, 2020
  3. Zakin Win User
    Strange Windows 10 User Account issue.

Unfortunately I had done those steps numerous reboots, it just, reappears for no good reason. The base account isn't even a Microsoft account, it's a local account.

I haven't quite tried the built in administrator account on W10, but so far in my experience on my own computer, the built in account seemed to have absolutely no more control than I did on my own.

It's just strange, I go in, it warns me twice about deleting the account, then it's gone. Reboot, and it's back?

EDIT: Just to specify, both command line and Netplwiz both say only HIS account exists on the computer, it doesn't list this rogue account. This is what I meant in my first post about the fact that even Windows doesn't seem to believe it exists, HALF the time. *Frown Closed Microsoft Account - Windows 10 :(

Zakin, May 30, 2020
  4. Scrizz Win User

Windows 10

you don't have to use a Microsoft account....
    I know I'm not.

Scrizz, May 30, 2020
Thema:

1. Closed Microsoft Account - Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Closed Microsoft Account

2. Your Microsoft account will not close.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Your Microsoft account will not close.: If you proceed with closing or terminating your Microsoft accountTell them to cancel their current business or organizational services and delete all Microsoft Entra tenants.So I tried the following.->Are you sure you want to leave the '24939112-3633-45fd-9445-fa1bdfdf07ab'...
  3. Close Microsoft account immediately

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Close Microsoft account immediately: I opened a new microsoft account on accident. I just wanted another outlook email address associated with my own account.Now the name is taken, and it takes at least 30 days before the other account is closed. I don't want to wait 30 days. How do I delete the account...
  4. Close Microsoft account immediately

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Close Microsoft account immediately: I opened a new microsoft account on accident. I just wanted another outlook email address associated with my own account.Now the name is taken, and it takes at least 30 days before the other account is closed. I don't want to wait 30 days. How do I delete the account...
  5. Microsoft account is not closed permanently

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft account is not closed permanently: I had applied for permanent closure of my Microsoft account associated with a different email id. I received the confirmation saying that my account will be closed permanently on 8/5/2023. However the account is still active. I need to urgently use that email id with an...
  6. Microsoft account is not closed permanently

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft account is not closed permanently: I had applied for permanent closure of my Microsoft account associated with a different email id. I received the confirmation saying that my account will be closed permanently on 8/5/2023. However the account is still active. I need to urgently use that email id with an...
  7. Windows 10 Microsoft Account Sign In Page Instantly Closing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Microsoft Account Sign In Page Instantly Closing: Hi, I'm On Windows 10 And Just Switched To A New Computer. It Isn't A Prebuilt And Wasn't Upgraded From An Earlier Windows Version, Starting About 2 Weeks AgoAfter I Installed Sea Of Thieves From The Microsoft Store, I Haven't Been Able To Sign In To Any Microsoft Apps. The...
  8. Closing of Microsoft account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Closing of Microsoft account: hi, I'm having Microsoft account having windows 10 purchased and installed on desktop. What will happen if I close my Microsoft account. Will my windows 10 support won't be there? Please explain in brief....
  9. Closing Microsoft Account

in Windows 10 Customization
    Closing Microsoft Account: So my last microsoft account got hacked so I closed it but it is also the account that I used to set up my laptop. Is there anything I need to do before it gets deleted???...
  10. Closing Microsoft account

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Closing Microsoft account: I'm switching internet provider shortly. My Microsoft account was created with provider based email address, like xxx@provider. I will be closing this account shortly and from what I've read, when you close your Microsoft account, you also delete any emails, files and One...