Windows 10: closing 2 apps and shutting down.. One of the name shown was G. What is this G?

Discus and support closing 2 apps and shutting down.. One of the name shown was G. What is this G? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I was shutting down my desktop and while shutting down it showed "closing 2 apps and shutting down." One of the name shown was "G". Any idea what that... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by its Benoy here, Aug 5, 2018.

1. closing 2 apps and shutting down.. One of the name shown was G. What is this G?

I was shutting down my desktop and while shutting down it showed "closing 2 apps and shutting down." One of the name shown was "G". Any idea what that is?

:)

its Benoy here, Aug 5, 2018
  2. DaveM121 Win User

Disc G

Hi Jane, this is a known issue in the 1803 Update,

It is the recovery drive, you are not meant to see it, it is not meant to have a drive letter, remove the drive letter and everything will return to normal:

Click your Start Button, type cmd, then right click Command Prompt and choose 'Run as Administrator'

Run this command and hit Enter

diskpart

list volume

select volume g

remove letter=g

Close Command Prompt and restart your PC

DaveM121, Aug 5, 2018
  3. TimField Win User
    What is the Windows app called only "G" ?

Sometimes when I restart or shutdown my Windows 10 PC with all current updates, the process waits for an app identified only as "G" to close.

What is "G?"

Searching for "G" or "app G" or "G app" on this site is useless because of very inadequate search filters.

Search at many websites and apps allows for specifying date ranges and sometimes when more than one word is being searched for the connective can be specified. I very rarely want the connective to change from "AND" to "OR" after all the "ands" are found.
    I would like to be able to specify the connective in all caps between the words. To search for "Frank Sinatra," I would like to option to type the connective I want in all caps, as in "Frank AND Sinatra" so I don't start seeing the millions of people named
    "Frank" or "Sinatra." I learned about this in Programming 101. Did Microsoft?

Also, specifying this question on the drop-down menus below is confusing. I chose "Apps on Windows 10" but I do not see any "Windows Topics" about apps. What's up with that? I don't have any idea what "G" is and what topic it might fall in. Why isn't there
    an "Other" or "Unknown" option?

TimField, Aug 5, 2018
  4. closing 2 apps and shutting down.. One of the name shown was G. What is this G?

when I shut down I am told that there is a "G" app running. what is this?

When I shut the computer down I get a screen telling me that there is still apps running, specifically "G" G does not show up in my task manager. What is is? do I need it? can I get rid of it?

Alec MacLeod, Aug 5, 2018
Thema:

closing 2 apps and shutting down.. One of the name shown was G. What is this G?

1. closing 2 apps and shutting down.. One of the name shown was G. What is this G? - Similar Threads - closing apps shutting

2. What is G:\ ?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    What is G:\ ?: I don't know what this is and I tried right clicking this but it does not make the properties appear when i right click on this file. I also cannot open this file and this file suddenly appeared. What should I do with this? my antivirus didnt detect any problems with this and...
  3. What is G:\ ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What is G:\ ?: I don't know what this is and I tried right clicking this but it does not make the properties appear when i right click on this file. I also cannot open this file and this file suddenly appeared. What should I do with this? my antivirus didnt detect any problems with this and...
  4. What is G:\ ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. G MAIL

in Windows 10 Customization
    G MAIL: How do I import old emails to my new HP computer into Gmail? I don't see any import button in settings. I don' know if it makes a difference but my old computer is Windows 7 and the new one is Windows 10. Thank you....
  6. What is “g”

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    What is “g”: sometimes when i turn off my pc it says g is one of the apps preventing shutdown submitted by /u/bigtonybruiser [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/lvokvc/what_is_g/
  7. CD+G

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    CD+G: Hello, Please help me? I want to create a CD+G file. So I can burn it onto a CD disk https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cdg/c41009fe-2ec8-4bf8-8883-58adde273e59
  8. One app needs closing on shut down

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    One app needs closing on shut down: Hi all, Whenever I close my laptop down, there is always one app that won't close and I have to 'force' it to close? I'm not sure if it's a generic icon, but the one that appears is a finger on a button. Where do I look to see what program this is please? (I knew XP like...
  9. G Mail

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    G Mail: I have a gmail account. An incoming email comes into Gmail and filters to Outlook. Everything has been fine for months but just recently when I open Outlook a window from Google opens and asks me to sign in. If I don't sign in it blocks my emails. If I sign in I get a...
  10. G:\...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    G:\...: I have been using the Cruzer Gliide for File History. Today it stopped working & I cannot turn file History back on & my flash drive is showing the subject above. I don't know how to fix this....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. closing 2 apps G

2. closing 2 apps