Windows 10: Closing a laptop during an update

Discus and support Closing a laptop during an update in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; It was time for me to go to sleep when my mom noticed my computer was still on she said it should be turned off but I tell her I can't because the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by EthanVKhang, Sep 21, 2019.

1. Closing a laptop during an update

It was time for me to go to sleep when my mom noticed my computer was still on she said it should be turned off but I tell her I can't because the laptop is updating, and then she grabs my laptop and closes it and puts it outside in the living room out of my reach, then today im trying to play roblox and nothing is loading, like nothing works i cant do anything gaming related please help i need you to fix this its boring not being able to play games

:)

EthanVKhang, Sep 21, 2019
  2. n-ster Win User
    n-ster, Sep 21, 2019
  3. 3Colors Win User
    Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Closing a laptop during an update :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Sep 21, 2019
  4. Closing a laptop during an update

Laptop goes to sleep when the LID is closed while playing the game.

Hello,

I realize the inconvenience you are facing in your laptop regarding the sleep mode while playing game. We will help you.

To assist you better, I suggest you to answer the below questions.

• Have you connected the external monitor to the Laptop?
    • Did you make any recent changes prior to the issue?
    • Are you facing this issue specifically when playing the specific Game?
    • Are you facing this issue after any recent updates installed?
    This issue might have caused due to the power settings for the closing of LID is set to sleep mode.

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• Press Windows + X keys and select the Control Panel.
    • Select Power options by searching in search box.
    • Right side select Change Plan setting next to the power plans.
    • Select the Change advanced Power plan settings.
    • Under the list select and expand Power buttons and lid.
    • Select Turn off the display under the drop down of setting.
    • Click Apply. Ok.
    • Close the LID and Check if the issue resolves.
    Please post to us with the results to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, Sep 21, 2019
Thema:

Closing a laptop during an update

1. Closing a laptop during an update - Similar Threads - Closing laptop during

2. Is it okay to close the lid of laptop during the “shutting down” screen?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is it okay to close the lid of laptop during the “shutting down” screen?: As soon as a shut down my laptop, I close the lid, even if the “shutting down” is still on the screen. Is this okay? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-it-okay-to-close-the-lid-of-laptop-during-the/f5b7683c-a094-483e-ae6f-5f6966baf9e5
  3. Is it okay to close the lid of laptop during the “shutting down” screen?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is it okay to close the lid of laptop during the “shutting down” screen?: As soon as a shut down my laptop, I close the lid, even if the “shutting down” is still on the screen. Is this okay? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-it-okay-to-close-the-lid-of-laptop-during-the/f5b7683c-a094-483e-ae6f-5f6966baf9e5
  4. Closing the lid on a laptop during updates

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Closing the lid on a laptop during updates: My mother bought a laptop with win10 home last year, and it was updated to win11 back in December. She just asked me if she can close the lid after choosing "update windows and shut down". I haven't owned a laptop in over 10 years, well technically I still have an XP laptop...
  5. Closing the lid on a laptop during updates

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Closing the lid on a laptop during updates: My mother bought a laptop with win10 home last year, and it was updated to win11 back in December. She just asked me if she can close the lid after choosing "update windows and shut down". I haven't owned a laptop in over 10 years, well technically I still have an XP laptop...
  6. accidentally closed my laptop during windows update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    accidentally closed my laptop during windows update: i accidentally closed my laptop during a windows update and now my laptop turns on and off by itself. the screen stays black. right when the laptop ons it shuts right down by itself. it ons and offs by itself. tried holding down the power button but it doesnt work. using asus...
  7. Laptop died during an update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Laptop died during an update: Today, a really bad storm hit my house, and knocked out the power. Anyway, my laptop was updating when this happened, and it died while we were without power. I turned my computer on once we had power back, and it says "undoing changes made to your computer". I just want to...
  8. Laptop was beeping during an update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Laptop was beeping during an update: I was wondering if this was concerning. I did a sfc /scannow afterni did another command in command prompt. I reset it and it sayd preparing windows update and it was beeping while updating. The update line was green with a white border around it....
  9. Laptop + closed lid keeps waking during sleep.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Laptop + closed lid keeps waking during sleep.: When I’m done working for a bit I put my computer to sleep and close the lid. For some reason every Windows 10 laptop I have owned has always woken my from sleep even when their lids are closed. This causes them to get hot and the fans to scream when it’s not really supposed...
  10. Safe to close laptop during restart?

in Windows 10 Support
    Safe to close laptop during restart?: This is an embarrassing question, that I'd think I could google a definitive answer for, but I can't: Is it safe to close a laptop (in my case, an HP Probook 450 G5) while it's restarting? The background: It's been more than 15 years since I used a laptop extensively, but...