Windows 10: Closing down

Discus and support Closing down in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; When I click close, message says 'closing down' but then clicks back on a second later.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by RoseOM, Jan 17, 2019.

1. RoseOM Win User

Closing down

When I click close, message says 'closing down' but then clicks back on a second later.

:)

RoseOM, Jan 17, 2019

2. Taskbar bug: switching to another window -will not appear at the front

Follow either of these steps to fix the issue with the Active window hiding behind.

Method 1:
    I suggest you to disable window by hovering over it with the mouse and check if it helps. To do so I suggest you to try the below given steps and check if it helps:

1. Press Windows key + X key and click on Control Panel.
    2. Select or click Ease of Access.
    3. Click or tap onEase of Access Centre.
    4. Click on Make the Mouse Easier to Use was uncheck Activate Window by hovering over it with the mouse.
    5. Check if issue is resolved.
    Method 2:
    I would suggest you to completely uninstall the touchpad driver and reinstall it. Kindly follow the below given steps.

1. Press “Windows key + X” and click on “Device Manager”.
    2. In the list of devices, you should see the touchpad drivers.
    3. Right click on the device and then select "Uninstall".
    4. In the uninstall dialog, make sure you select the option to delete the driver package from the system. This causes the driver package installed earlier to be deleted.
    5. In the Action menu of Device manager, select “Scan for Hardware changes” option. This will cause the device driver to be reinstalled. Once the driver is installed, close all windows and restart the computer.

ChojiTiger, Jan 17, 2019
  3. csatennis Win User
    Taskbar bug: switching to another window -will not appear at the front

I have been trying to fix this for months. Your solution Method 1 seemed to work. THANK YOU!!!!

csatennis, Jan 17, 2019
  4. Closing down

Win 10 - computer won't lock or sleep when lid is closed

Hi Shari,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Communities.

Please follow the methods mentioned below:

Method 1: Follow the steps:

• Press Windows Key + X.

• Select on Control Panel.

• Click on Power Options. On the left, click on "Choose what closing the lid does". Click on the drop down menu for "When I close the lid" and choose "Sleep" or "Hibernate.

Method 2: I suggest you to run in-built Power troubleshooter and check. Follow the steps:

• Press Windows Key + X.
    • Click on Control Panel.
    • Select Troubleshooting on the left pane, click on
      View All.
    • Click on Power to run the troubleshooter.

Method 3: If the above method doesn’t help, I would suggest you to
    reset and restore all of the default Power Plans back with their default settings. Follow the steps.

• Press Windows Key + X.
    • Select Command Prompt (Admin).
    • At the command prompt, type powercfg -restoredefaultschemes, and then press
      ENTER.
    • At the command prompt, type exit to exit the Command Prompt window.
    • Restart the computer and check with the issue.
    Let us know if the issue is resolved or if you require further assistance.

ThofikhAhamad, Jan 17, 2019
Thema:

Closing down

1. Closing down - Similar Threads - Closing down

2. My pc’s screen shuts down whenever i close a game

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My pc’s screen shuts down whenever i close a game: Hello,I got a Hp omen 16 laptop, i updated the drivers because sile games recommended me to do so baldurs launcher and i updated the AMD drivers through the official website, for a week there were no issues but now whenever i close a game my screen shuts down but i can still...
  3. My pc’s screen shuts down whenever i close a game

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My pc’s screen shuts down whenever i close a game: Hello,I got a Hp omen 16 laptop, i updated the drivers because sile games recommended me to do so baldurs launcher and i updated the AMD drivers through the official website, for a week there were no issues but now whenever i close a game my screen shuts down but i can still...
  4. Laptop shuts down a short while after lid closed when running certain applications

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Laptop shuts down a short while after lid closed when running certain applications: If I leave my browser open for example, and close the lid, the laptop remains on indefinitely which is what I want, however if I leave something slightly more resource heavy on, and close the lid, about about 10 minutes or so it shuts off, I have no idea how to fix this, all...
  5. Laptop shuts down a short while after lid closed when running certain applications

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop shuts down a short while after lid closed when running certain applications: If I leave my browser open for example, and close the lid, the laptop remains on indefinitely which is what I want, however if I leave something slightly more resource heavy on, and close the lid, about about 10 minutes or so it shuts off, I have no idea how to fix this, all...
  6. Laptop shuts down a short while after lid closed when running certain applications

7. There is this application without a name that prevents shut down, But I close all the...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    There is this application without a name that prevents shut down, But I close all the...: There is this application without a name that keeps appearing and dissapearing when shutting down my laptop. I close all my applications and refresh my computer when shutting down. This application has no name and just appears and dissapears in a fraction of a second so I...
  8. There is this application without a name that prevents shut down, But I close all the...

There is this application without a name that prevents shut down, But I close all the...: There is this application without a name that keeps appearing and dissapearing when shutting down my laptop. I close all my applications and refresh my computer when shutting down. This application has no name and just appears and dissapears in a fraction of a second so I...
  9. There is this application without a name that prevents shut down, But I close all the...

in Windows 10 Gaming
  10. There is this application without a name that prevents shut down, But I close all the...