Windows 10: Closing iTunes 12.9.6.3 ejects DVD after upgrade to 1903

Discus and support Closing iTunes 12.9.6.3 ejects DVD after upgrade to 1903 in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have Windows 10, 64-bit, 1903. After upgrading 1809 to 1903, when I close iTunes, my DVD drawer opens. This was a problem in early 2019, but was... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by phrab, Sep 1, 2019.

1. phrab Win User

Closing iTunes 12.9.6.3 ejects DVD after upgrade to 1903

I have Windows 10, 64-bit, 1903. After upgrading 1809 to 1903, when I close iTunes, my DVD drawer opens. This was a problem in early 2019, but was fixed after updatinf iCloud for Windows to 7.10.0 & iTunes to 12.9.3. Now it's back.

Does anyone else have this problem & does anyone know of a fix?
    Thank you!I have Windows 10, 64-bit, 1903. After upgrading 1809 to 1903, when I close iTunes, my DVD drawer opens. This was a problem in early 2019, but was fixed after updating iCloud for Windows to 7.10.0 & iTunes to 12.9.3. Now it's back.

Does anyone else have this problem & does anyone know of a fix?
    Thank you!

:)

phrab, Sep 1, 2019
  2. MebinBaby Win User

DVD drive keeps ejecting after upgrading to windows 10

Hi all,

I just bought the ASUS X554L Series Laptop with windows 8.1, and upgraded to windows 10.

Now.. every time the computer starts, after 3-4 minutes the DVD drive ejects.

Anyone faced this problem? is there a fix?

Tried uninstalling the DVD/CD-ROM driver, still issue persist.

Looking for your valuable suggestions...

Thanks

MebinBaby, Sep 1, 2019
  3. How do you fix---An error has occured while ejecting 'DVD RW Drive

Hi,

I will be glad to help you with the issue you have with the issue you have with the error while ejecting 'DVD RW Drive'.

Please answer the following for us to assist you further:

• What is the make and model of your computer?
    • How are you trying to eject the CD?
    • Do you have any pending updates?

I would suggest you the methods below and check.

Method 1: Run Hardware Troubleshooter

The Hardware Troubleshooter is an automated tool which will check the hardware connected to the computer for any known issues with it and provides the details and on how to fix them. Follow these steps and run the troubleshooter.

To do so, open Control Panel > Hardware and Sound > Configure a device.

The Hardware Troubleshooter will open. You can set it to fix the detected problems automatically or select and opt to fix only the one’s you want.

Click on Next to run the Hardware and Devices Troubleshooter. Once the scan is completed, it will present you with a report.

Choose the ones you want to fix and click on Next.

If the issue persist, follow method 2.

Method 2: Bad eject button.

• Press Windows + E on the keyboard

• Right-click the disc drive icon and choose the option to
      eject.
    If this ejects your CD-ROM drive tray, the button on the disc drive is defective, and it is recommended that the drive be replaced, If not follow method 3.

Method 3: Update the drivers.

I would suggest you to update the DVD/CD-ROM drivers and check:

Steps:

• Press Start, click on Control Panel
    • Select Device Manager.

Double click on DVD/CD-ROM drives.
    • Right click on the device and click
      Update Driver Software
    • Select search automatically for updated driver software.
    • Restart the computer.

Hope this information is helpful. If the issue still persists, please post back for further assistance, we'll be glad to assist you.

Ruth Buruga, Sep 1, 2019
  4. TimSnider Win User

Windows 7 Pro, DVD/CD drive stuck with "Files ready to burn to disk" mode.

Step 1: I can insert a CD in drive and it read the contents.

Step 2: I remove CD from drive

Step 3: I insert a DVD -R disk and go through the wizard "option for Creating a Mastered" disk

Step 4: I get to the "files ready to write to disk blank window"

Step 5: I open a second Windows explorer window and highlight photos and drag them to the "files waiting to be written" window.

Step 6: I press Burn disk

Step 7: DVD burns files and closes window. Disk Ejects.

Step 8: I close Both File Explorer windows

Step 9: I open new File explorer window and push in the DVD disk I just burned.

Step 10: I click on the DVD drive, it spins shows no data, window shows "files waiting to be burned" blank screen.

Step 11: I double click on the drive icon and the disk ejects. I reinsert to be presented with same "files waiting to be burned".

Step 12: I eject the DVD and insert a CD and still presented with "files waiting to be burned" Will not display contents nor autoplay... Not even Music disk.

Step 13: I open Device Manager, find DVD burner, Remove it, right click an scan for changes, DVD drive is found and reinstalls

Step 14: I repeat inserting music disk, autoplay prompts, I insert the DVD that I burned and it now "reads the contents"... Drive behaves normally until I burn another DVD.. Then I have to repeat this process to get the drive to read contents of disk's..

Buggy driver or Windows burning software is buggy that after burning, will not release the "files waiting to burn" window.

TimSnider, Sep 1, 2019
Thema:

1. Closing iTunes 12.9.6.3 ejects DVD after upgrade to 1903 - Similar Threads - Closing iTunes ejects

2. Eject a CD or DVD and the drive "stops"

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Eject a CD or DVD and the drive "stops": Hi, I have both an internal SATA DVD drive on my PC and an external USB DVD drive. I started with just the internal, inserted a disk and it behaved as normal. When I had finished with the first disk I pressed the eject button on the drive and the disk ejected, I inserted the...
  3. DVD Drive won't eject manually !

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    DVD Drive won't eject manually !: I have not used my DVD drive for awhile on Windows 10. Today I could not open the drive with the manual button to put my disc in. I had to click the DVD drive in the menu and it then opened. After playing the CD, again it would not eject with the manual button I had to right...
  4. DVD drive not ejecting

DVD drive not ejecting: I was watching video on friday night by inserting the dvd into my dvd player. It was my fav old movie. But today I realised I have left that in dvd drive. Today i thought to get it outside. But its not ejecting for some good reason....
  5. Mic Problem after 6/12/2020 update

Mic Problem after 6/12/2020 update: Before 6/12 my mic works fine in both sound settings, and Citrix Workspace. Now it won't detect the mic on my headphones but the audio works fine. This issue also disables my ability to connect in my Skype calls since the mic is labeled as "Not plugged in" even though I...
  6. Dell Laptop does not eject DVD

Dell Laptop does not eject DVD: I was duplicating a DVD of my pictures. When done I could not eject the disk. Disks completed burn and said ready for removal. System has all current updates. Driver worked fine yesterday....
  7. Getting a dvd to eject

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Getting a dvd to eject: I put in a dvd and now I am unable to get it to eject, what can I do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/getting-a-dvd-to-eject/a1f9197e-dbe8-4911-8463-0b1366dedc29
  8. iTunes closing without warning

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    iTunes closing without warning: Lately I have been having trouble with iTunes closing minutes after I open the application. There is no warning that it will close and no crash report after it. I have followed Apples instructions in regards to removing all Apple related apps from my computer and have...
  9. 1903 Update No Sound 9/9/2019

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    1903 Update No Sound 9/9/2019: Hi Everyone, For last few years, i've been updating and doing all the troubleshooting available and reverting back to 1709 which brings sound back... and i changed my preferences to no longer update however windows window kept popping up and if i leave my computer on it...
  10. EXTERNAL DVD DRIVE POPS OPEN WHEN I CLOSE iTUNES.

EXTERNAL DVD DRIVE POPS OPEN WHEN I CLOSE iTUNES.: How can I stop iTunes from triggering my external DVD drive to eject? On a unrelated topic . Okay, I give, I'm totally confused about processor cores. As I was typing the information below, some of which I got from the "About Your PC" file on my computer, I didn't know...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. itunes ejects cd when closed

2. stop itunes from ejecting disk when closing

3. closing itunes ejects disc

4. itunes ejects dvd when closing,
  5. CD ejects on exit iTunes,
  6. closing itunes program ejects disc drive,
  7. itunes ejects disk on close,
  8. closing itunes open dvd ,
  9. itunes ejects disc on close,
  10. closing itunes ejects drive,
  11. itunes 12.9.6.3 problems