Windows 10: Closing laptop that puts it to sleep mode. Then opening and waking up to use again i get...

Discus and support Closing laptop that puts it to sleep mode. Then opening and waking up to use again i get... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Can someone help me fix this? Also it removes all my saved Taskbar shortcuts on 2nd Monitor. I use program Actual Multiple Monitors program.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/ArcAngel2k, Nov 9, 2019.

1. Closing laptop that puts it to sleep mode. Then opening and waking up to use again i get...

Can someone help me fix this?

Also it removes all my saved Taskbar shortcuts on 2nd Monitor. I use program Actual Multiple Monitors program.

submitted by /u/ArcAngel2k
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/ArcAngel2k, Nov 9, 2019

2. Using laptop as desktop - can't wake it from sleep with wireless mouse or keyboard.

• I'm having a very difficult time following the narrative in your last five (5) replies.
    I've tried to be as clear and concise as possible.

• Have you or have you not installed Avast Free?
    I hadn't uninstalled it, only deactivated it; but just now I did uninstall it, then re-booted the laptop, put it to sleep and tried to wake it using the mouse. No luck.

• You just posted: "Just now, I disconnected the mouse, keyboard and monitor; manually put it to sleep using the Start Menu icons (because the lid action is still set to do nothing); closed the lid; and when I opened the lid it woke up."
    • So the Notebook PC (laptop) "wakes up" now as long as the external devices (i.e., mouse; keyboard; monitor) are not connected to the ASUS device, is that correct?
    Mouse and keyboard connected or disconnected doesn't have any effect on what happens:

- Opening the lid wakes the laptop.

- If the lid is already open and I put the laptop to sleep, pressing the power button wakes up the laptop.

- Lid open or closed, if I put the laptop to sleep and try to wake it using the mouse or keyboard, nothing happens.

eljaycanuck, Nov 9, 2019
  3. Waking PC up from sleep mode causes a reboot

Problem:

I have a small group of Dell Latitude E7470 (Bios Version 1.11.3) laptops that have and sleep mode issue.

When a user closes the top cover of the laptop and puts the machine to sleep all appears normal and the power light begins to pulse. Then, when the user opens the top cover to begin using the laptop
    once again the laptop fails to wake up from sleep mode and restarts causing the user to log into the laptop each time. The laptop behaves this way regardless of the way it entered sleep mode, e.g. via the power button or from the start menu.

• The laptop power settings are defined by group policy.
    • All of the affected laptops are running Windows 10 1809 Enterprise.
    • The issue does not appear to be a user problem as the issue occurs whether or not a user signs into the laptop.
    • The bios was updated prior to imaging the laptop in the spring of 2017. v1.11.3

Troubleshooting:

The following steps have had limited success.

• Bluetooth on/off. Sometimes if we leave the Bluetooth off the issue goes away, but not always.
    • Changing what closing top cover does, e.g. change the setting of the top cover to do nothing when closed and then return the setting back to sleep when the top cover closes.
    • Swapping SSD from one computer to another identical make/model computer and then back. In this step, we move the affected SSD to another laptop and boot the computer. then log in and test sleep mode.
      at this point, the issue is not present. Then, we place the SSD back into it's the original laptop, so far, this has been successful, however, we are still not confident this is a long term fix and we would like to understand why this step would have the
      effect that it does.

Paul M_1600, Nov 9, 2019
  4. Closing laptop that puts it to sleep mode. Then opening and waking up to use again i get...

How do I prevent the Laptop from waking up from sleep if the lid is opened

If I put my Lenovo W541 to sleep and open the lid, it wakes up automatically.

Is there any way to prevent this?

The lid close action is set to do nothing both in plugged-in and battery mode.

Yet the Laptop is waking up as soon as I open the lid.

I'd prefer only waking up from sleep mode if I press the power button.

Björn Kautler, Nov 9, 2019
Thema:

Closing laptop that puts it to sleep mode. Then opening and waking up to use again i get...

1. Closing laptop that puts it to sleep mode. Then opening and waking up to use again i get... - Similar Threads - Closing laptop puts

2. BSOD after putting into sleep mode and then waking up.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD after putting into sleep mode and then waking up.: A week ago I started getting a BSOD whenever I woke the computer from sleep mode. The internet doesn't work for a few minutes and then I get this BSOD: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1FAmS6wBhgJQ8-VpXTjFYH2jZ6xZ5Cmpt/view?usp=sharing. I have a AN515-45-R6XD with upgraded RAM...
  3. BSOD after putting into sleep mode and then waking up.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD after putting into sleep mode and then waking up.: A week ago I started getting a BSOD whenever I woke the computer from sleep mode. The internet doesn't work for a few minutes and then I get this BSOD: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1FAmS6wBhgJQ8-VpXTjFYH2jZ6xZ5Cmpt/view?usp=sharing. I have a AN515-45-R6XD with upgraded RAM...
  4. if i put the laptop in sleep mode, it is not sleeping

if i put the laptop in sleep mode, it is not sleeping: if i put the laptop in sleep mode, lock screen is not appearingi tried many times, it has been many months the laptop is not locking only and if i close the lid, lock screen does not appear, only the screen blacks out and when i open the lid back on i come where i left off...
  5. When I put the laptop to sleep, and THEN close the lid, it wakes up immediately.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When I put the laptop to sleep, and THEN close the lid, it wakes up immediately.: I want the laptop to stay awake when I close the lid, so I can listen to Spotify with the lid closed. So I have the option set to "Do nothing" for when I close the lid. I press the power button to put the device to sleep. It goes to sleep. Then I close the lid, it wakes up...
  6. When I put the laptop to sleep, and THEN close the lid, it wakes up immediately.

When I put the laptop to sleep, and THEN close the lid, it wakes up immediately.: I want the laptop to stay awake when I close the lid, so I can listen to Spotify with the lid closed. So I have the option set to "Do nothing" for when I close the lid. I press the power button to put the device to sleep. It goes to sleep. Then I close the lid, it wakes up...
  7. Laptop put in sleep mode but when opened, boots up again like it was shut down

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop put in sleep mode but when opened, boots up again like it was shut down: I had recently bought a Lenovo Legion 5 2020 with the specs of AMD Ryzen 5 4600H with Radeon Graphics, NVIDIA GTX 1650ti with 8GB RAM. This is the issue I saw whenever it shuts itself down after putting in sleep mode. I had updated all the drivers but the issue is still...
  8. Computer Immediately Wakes Up After Sleep Mode Puts It to Sleep

in Windows 10 Support
    Computer Immediately Wakes Up After Sleep Mode Puts It to Sleep: The Sleep Mode puts my machine to sleep then the machine immediately wakes up. Rebooting has not helped, nor has changing the Sleep Mode Settings. I have not found any solutions in the Internet. Thanks for any thoughts and guidance. 179664
  9. Laptop will freeze unless I put it in sleep mode and wake it back up

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Laptop will freeze unless I put it in sleep mode and wake it back up: When my computer starts after a restart or shut down, it freezes at the login screen, absolutely nothing works. I cannot type or move the cursor. Only safe mode works fine. on accident I left it there and it went into sleep mode, when it woke back up it started working fine...
  10. I put my laptop in sleep mode but then it wakes up again after a bit

in Windows 10 Support
    I put my laptop in sleep mode but then it wakes up again after a bit: I have tried everything Looking at the events, Making the time you have to wait. Into one minute I have a lot of apps open when I off it but I don't think that's the problem. Here is my computer stats Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6500 CPU @ 2.50GHz 2.60 Ram: 16 GB (15.8...