Windows 10: Closing lid causes image to reset on external screen

Discus and support Closing lid causes image to reset on external screen in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have been attaching my laptop to my TV for streaming of things I can't get on my TV. I set the laptop such that I can close the lid and not put it to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by JDC0121, May 5, 2021.

1. JDC0121 Win User

Closing lid causes image to reset on external screen

I have been attaching my laptop to my TV for streaming of things I can't get on my TV. I set the laptop such that I can close the lid and not put it to sleep.The problem is, when I close the lid on my laptop, the cursor lights up right in the center of the screen. This is no good for watching streaming video. Is there a way that I can make the cursor remain where it was when I closed the lid which is always off of the screen?I realize I can use an external mouse to move the cursor out of the way, but this seems like a step I shouldn't have to do!I am using an Acer Aspire 3 laptop with Wind

:)

JDC0121, May 5, 2021
  2. Bree Win User

LID close screen still on

Well, it was worth checking.

How long have you had this Asus ROG? Has it ever turned off the screen when the lid is closed?

The last post in this thread suggests it may be a hardware problem, the section starting 'Here's an interesting story about the GL502VS in general' describes a sequence of replacements from Asus, one of which behaved this way. Oddly, the OP actually wanted this behaviour.
    https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthrea...-lid-is-closed

Bree, May 5, 2021
  3. jsmith613 Win User
    Close laptop lid - external monitor

Yep. The computer remained and I could use the external monitor. But all windows on the laptop screen moved over. Currently when the lid is closed, the windows remain on the laptop screen which is then "off"

jsmith613, May 5, 2021
  4. Closing lid causes image to reset on external screen

close lid causes resize

I tried that too -- none of these suggestions have helped. Windows are still resizing and moving to the upper left corner by simply closing and opening the lid. Note that this even happens to windows that are minimized at the time I close the lid.

This sure seems like a bug in Windows -- surely other people are reporting the same problem?

Thanks,

Lee

LeeBreisacher, May 5, 2021
Thema:

Closing lid causes image to reset on external screen

1. Closing lid causes image to reset on external screen - Similar Threads - Closing lid causes

2. how to make the screen not close when the lid is closed?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to make the screen not close when the lid is closed?: how to make the screen not turn off when the lid is closed? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-make-the-screen-not-close-when-the-lid-is/a2dd9f1f-ee68-4abf-9846-33fa0286eea3
  3. how to make the screen not close when the lid is closed?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how to make the screen not close when the lid is closed?: how to make the screen not turn off when the lid is closed? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-make-the-screen-not-close-when-the-lid-is/a2dd9f1f-ee68-4abf-9846-33fa0286eea3
  4. how to make the screen not close when the lid is closed?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to make the screen not close when the lid is closed?: I want to make it so that when I close the lid of my laptop the screen doesn't close. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-make-the-screen-not-close-when-the-lid-is/bc3052d9-2c52-4480-b556-9a790e5ad210
  5. how to make the screen not close when the lid is closed?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how to make the screen not close when the lid is closed?: I want to make it so that when I close the lid of my laptop the screen doesn't close. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-make-the-screen-not-close-when-the-lid-is/bc3052d9-2c52-4480-b556-9a790e5ad210
  6. Close a lid

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Close a lid: When I try to change my lid options in my laptop, it says "some settings are managed by your system administrator". But the problem is that I am already logged in as the administrator. What can I do to fix this other than reinstalling windows. The laptop model that I am...
  7. blue screen after closing lid ?

blue screen after closing lid ?: i am running an hp notebook, with 16gb ram and 1 tb sdd, and win 10 pro. after installation of Pro, i set sleep etc to do nothing when the lid is closed. i need it that way to run periodic a/v scans. i cannot just leave it open or the cat will have a field day lol. does...
  8. Using External Monitors with lid closed

Using External Monitors with lid closed: I had my set up work before. I have a laptop and 2 monitors. One monitor is connected via VGA cord and the other via HDMI. When I shut the lid of the laptop the monitor connected via VGA disconnects and wants to go into power saving mode, like if the computer went to...
  9. Close laptop lid - external monitor

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Close laptop lid - external monitor: I have a laptop monitor and an external monitor and set things up so the display is extended On my old Windows 10 laptop, when I shut the lid of the laptop, all the windows on that screen would just move to external monitor. My new laptop (Asus) does not do this and the...
  10. LID close screen still on

in Windows 10 Support
    LID close screen still on: Hello there, I've an odd problem with my laptop, Asus ROG, When I close the lid the screen still on! any advice please? thanks *Smile 106314