Windows 10: Closing open Files

Discus and support Closing open Files in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have been a Works 4.5 user for many years. Because of problems with new Canon Printer I was advised to upgrade to Works 9. It is loaded. I have been... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by CharlesMcglawn, Apr 4, 2019.

1. Closing open Files

I have been a Works 4.5 user for many years. Because of problems with new Canon Printer I was advised to upgrade to Works 9. It is loaded. I have been working with it simi-succesfully. But now when I click Task Launcher and chose the database program I get a message that I cannot open more than six files. Close one or more files and try again.

I bought "No Stress Tech Guide to Works 9. I do not find how to close an open file. How do I close files?

:)

CharlesMcglawn, Apr 4, 2019
  2. Ketxxx Win User

opening .dds files with gimp

Simply, HOW? I got the DDS plugin but the POS wont open DDS files still. Can someone give me a step-by-step rundown of how to install the DDS plugin for gimp so I know if I'm missing something?

Ketxxx, Apr 4, 2019
  3. jaydeee Win User
    PowerPoint file crashes PowerPoint upon opening

since this happens in some of the computers only, suggest that you open the file on working computer and copy everything and paste to a new powerpoint file.
    most of the time it works to me. *Smile Closing open Files :)

jaydeee, Apr 4, 2019
  4. Closing open Files

"open with" and opening of files slow

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

1. Since when are you facing this issue?
    2. Have you made any changes on your computer, prior to this issue?

To fix issues with Word documents opening slowly, I suggest you to attach a different template to the document and check if that helps. Follow the below steps to attach a templates.

Steps:-

1. Open Word application.
    2. Click on File and select Options.
    3. Select Add-Ins from the list.
    4. Under Manage Select Templates and click on
      Go.
    5. In the pop up, type Normal in the Document template.
    6. Click on Ok.

To fix issues with Adobe files opening slowly follow the below troubleshooting steps and check if that helps.

Steps:-

1. Open Adobe application.
    2. Click on Edit.
    3. Select Preferences option.
    4. Tap on General.
    5. Uncheck Enable protected mode at startup.

Hope it helps.

Sandeep Kumar M

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Sandeep_KM, Apr 4, 2019
Thema:

Closing open Files

1. Closing open Files - Similar Threads - Closing open Files

2. How to close open files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to close open files: I am trying to delete a folder and it says either its openwhich its not or one of the files are in use. how do i find what's using it and close it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-close-open-files/5a59dd35-5fc5-424f-bf23-5aff2497dfd6
  3. How to close open files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to close open files: I am trying to delete a folder and it says either its openwhich its not or one of the files are in use. how do i find what's using it and close it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-close-open-files/5a59dd35-5fc5-424f-bf23-5aff2497dfd6
  4. How to close open files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Open File and Close Explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Open File and Close Explorer: Is there something like a context menu option to open a selected file and close File Explorer Windows Explorer at the same time? Sometimes I know that I have no further need for Explorer after selecting a file.Thanks!...
  6. Open File and Close Explorer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Open File and Close Explorer: Is there something like a context menu option to open a selected file and close File Explorer Windows Explorer at the same time? Sometimes I know that I have no further need for Explorer after selecting a file.Thanks!...
  7. .jar files open and close immediately

.jar files open and close immediately: I'm trying to download Minecraft forge, and It gives me a .jar file. I accidently set it to open with Photoshop, so I set it to open with Java, but when I try to open it, it opens, then closes immediately. When I try to force it open by clicking, it opens into cmd. I have the...
  8. Windows 10 - File Explorer file opening and closing

Windows 10 - File Explorer file opening and closing: When I open a file in File Explorer and then close it, after the close File Explorer does not return to File Explorer, but to some other app I have open. How can I set this to return to FE upon file close....
  9. Windows 10 JScript Text File Open/Close -- File not really closed!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 JScript Text File Open/Close -- File not really closed!: This is a flaw in Win-10. Explanation follows. I write a lot of programs in JScript. (This has nothing to do with web development, I'm using JScript as a scripting language.) I have a certain function I use a lot, called "log( )". You give it a string, and it copies the...
  10. WHEN OPENING A FILE FOLDER AND CLOSING IT

WHEN OPENING A FILE FOLDER AND CLOSING IT: WHEN I OPEN A FILE FOLDER AND THEN SUCCESSIVE FOLDERS CONTAINED WITHIN THE FIRST ONE I FIND THAT IN ORDER TO CLOSE OUT I MUST CLOSE MULTIPLE FOLDERS. I WANT TO MAKE IT SO THAT I CAN CLOSE ONE FOLDER AND BE DONE WITH IT. I AM SEARCHING FOR A SETTING TO FIX THIS ISSUE....