Windows 10: Closing programs

Discus and support Closing programs in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Having Window 10 is cool but I need to know why I can't close Yahoo Messenger and Skype. "Quit Skype" is in a black area on Skype and "Sign Out" in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by JayTaunton, Aug 15, 2015.

1. Closing programs

Having Window 10 is cool but I need to know why I can't close Yahoo Messenger and Skype. "Quit Skype" is in a black area on Skype and "Sign Out" in Yahoo messenger is the same. I cannot close these 2 programs, they are not Apps, when I am ready to shut down the computer. Does anyone know why this happens?

Thank You,

Jay

:)

JayTaunton, Aug 15, 2015
  2. Sumit Dhiman2, Aug 15, 2015
  3. programs not closing

Why is my pc (Windows 10) opening up with the last site I visited. How do I stop this?

lenaedwards, Aug 15, 2015
  4. Closing programs

Hi JayTaunton,

This problem has occurred to me on the same applications you have listed (Yahoo Messenger and Skype). *Think
    The issue is likely caused by a bug in Windows 10, which should be fix in a later release.
    Windows 10 is still quite new, so expect bugs and issues.

Thank you,
    Mosaic Mars

MosaicMars, Aug 15, 2015
Thema:

Closing programs

1. Closing programs - Similar Threads - Closing programs

2. Programs and installations close right after start please help Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Programs and installations close right after start please help Windows 11: Could be related to the recent update, but I don't have any idea.I have no antivirus, things I have tried:*Restarting PC.*Running as administrator.*Turning off Firewall/Windows Defender.*Allowing download and installation besides Microsoft Store.*Unblocking the...
  3. Programs and installations close right after start please help Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Programs and installations close right after start please help Windows 11: Could be related to the recent update, but I don't have any idea.I have no antivirus, things I have tried:*Restarting PC.*Running as administrator.*Turning off Firewall/Windows Defender.*Allowing download and installation besides Microsoft Store.*Unblocking the...
  4. My PC freezes every time I close program.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My PC freezes every time I close program.: Every time I close a program, my taskbar does not get updated and everything becomes unresponsive... When I click the taskbar a few times my screen turns black, and everything is fine. This is annoying because is happens every time i close a program.I've had Task manager open...
  5. My PC freezes every time I close program.

My PC freezes every time I close program.: Every time I close a program, my taskbar does not get updated and everything becomes unresponsive... When I click the taskbar a few times my screen turns black, and everything is fine. This is annoying because is happens every time i close a program.I've had Task manager open...
  6. Winforms screen dimming overlay program gets drawn twice when opening/closing start menu or...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Winforms screen dimming overlay program gets drawn twice when opening/closing start menu or...: I'm currently making a small screen dimming program in C# that uses black windows forms with an adjustable opacity. In order to be able to dim the windows start menu as well as alt+tab and win+tab menu's I've declared the program to be accessibility as described in the top...
  7. Winforms screen dimming overlay program gets drawn twice when opening/closing start menu or...

Winforms screen dimming overlay program gets drawn twice when opening/closing start menu or...: I'm currently making a small screen dimming program in C# that uses black windows forms with an adjustable opacity. In order to be able to dim the windows start menu as well as alt+tab and win+tab menu's I've declared the program to be accessibility as described in the top...
  8. Everytime i Close Obs, idk if its just obs or any program and then close it the priority...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Everytime i Close Obs, idk if its just obs or any program and then close it the priority...: so im trying to record a video and then everytime i re-open my OBS it just resets the priority.... idk if this is fixable... i hope it is tho.... i need that priority otherwise i cant make it because the lag.......
  9. Everytime i Close Obs, idk if its just obs or any program and then close it the priority...

Everytime i Close Obs, idk if its just obs or any program and then close it the priority...: so im trying to record a video and then everytime i re-open my OBS it just resets the priority.... idk if this is fixable... i hope it is tho.... i need that priority otherwise i cant make it because the lag.......
  10. How to find program that closed down computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to find program that closed down computer: Is there a specific command from the Command Prompt by which one can find a program that last closed down the laptop? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-find-program-that-closed-down-computer/c99e42b6-7b70-4ffb-a41c-67f85dc684d3