Windows 10: Closing the laptop cover and occasionally not putting it to sleep

Discus and support Closing the laptop cover and occasionally not putting it to sleep in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hello,Description of the problem - occasionally, after closing the laptop cover, the computer does not go to sleep. Question - how is it possible to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by MilanSalka, Jul 29, 2022.

1. Closing the laptop cover and occasionally not putting it to sleep

Hello,Description of the problem - occasionally, after closing the laptop cover, the computer does not go to sleep. Question - how is it possible to log the opening and closing of the laptop cover and checking whether or not it has been put to sleep? Or where is it possible to track the cause/reason of not being put to sleep?Thank you.

:)

MilanSalka, Jul 29, 2022

2. Microsoft store's Apps close on while on sleeping

There were only three tutorials for apps closing during sleep which I placed at the top. Where are the results for those steps?

The rest of my post was about general sleep problems which cover everything that affects sleep, and sleep is what's at issue here.

Would you please go back to the top of the thread and at least work through the steps for sleep closing apps, report back the results of those so I know what else to suggest? There is not a lot on this out there, so we may need to find some new fixes here.

Greg Carmack - Windows MVP 2010-2020, Jul 29, 2022
  3. Waking PC up from sleep mode causes a reboot

Problem:

I have a small group of Dell Latitude E7470 (Bios Version 1.11.3) laptops that have and sleep mode issue.

When a user closes the top cover of the laptop and puts the machine to sleep all appears normal and the power light begins to pulse. Then, when the user opens the top cover to begin using the laptop
    once again the laptop fails to wake up from sleep mode and restarts causing the user to log into the laptop each time. The laptop behaves this way regardless of the way it entered sleep mode, e.g. via the power button or from the start menu.

• The laptop power settings are defined by group policy.
    • All of the affected laptops are running Windows 10 1809 Enterprise.
    • The issue does not appear to be a user problem as the issue occurs whether or not a user signs into the laptop.
    • The bios was updated prior to imaging the laptop in the spring of 2017. v1.11.3

Troubleshooting:

The following steps have had limited success.

• Bluetooth on/off. Sometimes if we leave the Bluetooth off the issue goes away, but not always.
    • Changing what closing top cover does, e.g. change the setting of the top cover to do nothing when closed and then return the setting back to sleep when the top cover closes.
    • Swapping SSD from one computer to another identical make/model computer and then back. In this step, we move the affected SSD to another laptop and boot the computer. then log in and test sleep mode.
      at this point, the issue is not present. Then, we place the SSD back into it's the original laptop, so far, this has been successful, however, we are still not confident this is a long term fix and we would like to understand why this step would have the
      effect that it does.

Paul M_1600, Jul 29, 2022
  4. WA62 Win User

Closing the laptop cover and occasionally not putting it to sleep

Laptop shutdown instead of going to sleep when closing the cover

Hi, after I did the latest update of windows 10 , version 1803 on June 9/18, my Toshiba C50Dt-A laptop will shutdown instead of going to sleep when closing the cover. The power & sleep settings look fine. All newer windows update after that did not have
    a fix for this issue.

Anyone has an answer to this issue? Thanks!

Thema:

Closing the laptop cover and occasionally not putting it to sleep

1. Closing the laptop cover and occasionally not putting it to sleep - Similar Threads - Closing laptop cover

2. Laptop shuts down when putting it to sleep or closing the lid

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop shuts down when putting it to sleep or closing the lid: Laptop shuts down when closing the lid or putting it to sleep and even to hibernate. All my applications closes when I turn my laptop on. I have tried everything in the power options many command promts but none of them helped. I even did a reset on my laptop but the problem...
  3. Laptop shuts down when putting it to sleep or closing the lid

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Laptop shuts down when putting it to sleep or closing the lid: Laptop shuts down when closing the lid or putting it to sleep and even to hibernate. All my applications closes when I turn my laptop on. I have tried everything in the power options many command promts but none of them helped. I even did a reset on my laptop but the problem...
  4. Laptop shuts down when putting it to sleep or closing the lid

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Windows 11 Asus ROG laptop crashes occasionally after being put to sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Asus ROG laptop crashes occasionally after being put to sleep: My laptop an Asus ROG Flow X16 has recently started crashing occasionally after putting it to sleep. I have a dump file on OneDrive:https://1drv.ms/u/s!Ap-LYDiiQ-bDnzxhL86wmR28qcU9?e=bEdr1yI did some quick debugging and found that maybe it has something to do with my Xbox...
  6. Closing the laptop cover and occasionally not putting it to sleep

Closing the laptop cover and occasionally not putting it to sleep: Hello,Description of the problem - occasionally, after closing the laptop cover, the computer does not go to sleep. Question - how is it possible to log the opening and closing of the laptop cover and checking whether or not it has been put to sleep? Or where is it possible...
  7. Closing the laptop cover and occasionally not putting it to sleep

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Closing the laptop cover and occasionally not putting it to sleep: Hello,Description of the problem - occasionally, after closing the laptop cover, the computer does not go to sleep. Question - how is it possible to log the opening and closing of the laptop cover and checking whether or not it has been put to sleep? Or where is it possible...
  8. putting laptop to sleep

in Windows 10 Customization
    putting laptop to sleep: steps to put my Dell Laptop to sleep when I am finished for the dat https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/putting-laptop-to-sleep/34898161-305a-4188-99a0-a59f33c640f5
  9. Surface won't sleep when cover/keyboard is closed

Surface won't sleep when cover/keyboard is closed: My Surface was working great until I did a Windows update a few weeks ago. The first issue was that I was unable to get wifi. That was resolved but first I needed to go 1980's and use an ethernet cable. The second issue is that everytime I close the keyboard, my surface...
  10. putting laptop to sleep

in Windows 10 Support
    putting laptop to sleep: I was told by an IT Pro to put the laptop to sleep when I was done using it. Why then overnight at times i turn it on the next day and it is completely shut down, I must hit the power button to get it back on, who or why does this happen? 105593