Windows 10: Closing the lid; do nothing

Discus and support Closing the lid; do nothing in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I'm trying to keep my laptop screen from turning off when I close the lid. I changed the settings in the Power Options under "When I close the lid,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by XnYYP, Jul 31, 2020.

1. XnYYP Win User

Closing the lid; do nothing

I'm trying to keep my laptop screen from turning off when I close the lid. I changed the settings in the Power Options under "When I close the lid, Plugged in" from sleep to Do Nothing my laptop is always plugged in.

However, despite this, the screen still blacks out when I close the lid. What should I do with it?

:)

XnYYP, Jul 31, 2020
  2. DaveM121 Win User

Do nothing when the lid is closed

Hi BigTechie

Rest assured, once you have set your laptop to do nothing when the lid closes, then yes, you can perform a feature update with the lid closed - I do that all the time at night

DaveM121, Jul 31, 2020
  3. Do nothing when the lid is closed

I have an laptop with a tv as an monitor. My question is, Can i perform an feature update, with the power option do nothing when the lid is closed? Or do i have to keep the lid open all the time

XxMythicalKidXx, Jul 31, 2020
  4. KomouPoji Win User

"Only show 2" defaults to "Duplicate these displays" upon closing and reopening laptop lid

Hi,

I would suggest to try the following steps and check if it helps

• Press the Win Key + X to display the
      system menu.

• Select Control Panel.

• Select Power Options.

• On theleft side menu, select the Choose what closing the lid does option.

• Look in the Power and sleep buttons and lid settings section.

• Use the drop down menus in the
      When I close the lid section and select Do Nothing for both options.

I hope the information is helpful and if the error still persists, we’ll be glad to assists you.

Thank you.

KomouPoji, Jul 31, 2020
Thema:

1. Closing the lid; do nothing - Similar Threads - Closing lid nothing

2. Windows 10 Education - closing lid set to 'do nothing' doesn't work

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 Education - closing lid set to 'do nothing' doesn't work: Typically, when I close the lid on my laptop, whatever is on the display moved to one of two external monitors. Today, my display froze, and I restarted. When I restarted, my monitor position had changed in the settings, and now, when I close my laptop, whatever is on the...
  3. Windows 10 Education - closing lid set to 'do nothing' doesn't work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Education - closing lid set to 'do nothing' doesn't work: Typically, when I close the lid on my laptop, whatever is on the display moved to one of two external monitors. Today, my display froze, and I restarted. When I restarted, my monitor position had changed in the settings, and now, when I close my laptop, whatever is on the...
  4. Windows 10 Education - closing lid set to 'do nothing' doesn't work

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Laptop lid closed “do nothing” but only with external monitor connected

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Laptop lid closed “do nothing” but only with external monitor connected: Apologies if this has been posted before. I like using my laptop as a desktop when I’m at home and connect it to an external 4K monitor. Naturally this works well when I enable the setting where the computer stays awake with the lid closed. But anytime I’m not at home I’d...
  6. Closing laptop lid does nothing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Closing laptop lid does nothing: I have tried changing the settings in control panels, updated all the drivers and even clean installed a new copy of windows 10 but nothing seems to work. The thing is the laptop goes to sleep when power button is pressed but does nothing when the lid is closed. I have an HP...
  7. Windows 10 closing lid set to 'do nothing' doesn't work

Windows 10 closing lid set to 'do nothing' doesn't work: Hello, I'm trying to use my windows laptop with an external monitor but I'm having some problems. I want to close the lid of my laptop while continue working only on my external monitor. So i set the settings of 'choose what closing the lid does' to 'do nothing' but it...
  8. Close a lid

Close a lid: When I try to change my lid options in my laptop, it says "some settings are managed by your system administrator". But the problem is that I am already logged in as the administrator. What can I do to fix this other than reinstalling windows. The laptop model that I am...
  9. Windows 10 close lid do nothing not working they way it used to

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 close lid do nothing not working they way it used to: HP Omen laptop + external monitor. W10 1903. When I shut my laptop lid, now it shuts off my laptop monitor (does not detect both) and shifts desktop to the external screen. Not super helpful for watching netflix and keeping the lid closed. It seems like it's ignoring the...
  10. Do nothing when the lid is closed

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Do nothing when the lid is closed: I have an laptop with a tv as an monitor. My question is, Can i perform an feature update, with the power option do nothing when the lid is closed? Or do i have to keep the lid open all the time...