Windows 10: closing web site

Discus and support closing web site in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; DELL OPTIPLEX Why does it take 3 min of constant clicking 3 min or more to finally close it? Thank you... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by TIMMY 067, Sep 9, 2020.

1. TIMMY 067 Win User

closing web site

DELL OPTIPLEX

Why does it take 3 min of constant clicking 3 min or more to finally close it?

Thank you

:)

TIMMY 067, Sep 9, 2020
  2. Martmcd Win User

How to close edge that is locked into a hostile web page?

• if it will let you, click on the 3 dots on the top right and go to settings, under 'open with' make sure that previous pages is not selected.
    • close Edge using Task Manager
    • search for a web address in Cortana (eg type www.google.co.uk into Cortana)
      Edge will open with your selected sit and the dodgy one, do not click on any other tabs.
    • close edge in the normal way (i.e. click the X)

Edge should now open normally, you can change the setting back if you wish.

[edit] if it wont let you do step 1 do steps 2&3 then start at 1 again

Martmcd, Sep 9, 2020
  3. Polarman Win User
    Looking for a particular web site ?

I remember seeing this here but i can't find it using the search thingy.

A guy posted a web site that had a comprensive list of all Windows update 32&64. I used to have it in my favorites before i formatted my HD.

Does someone know it?

They suggested a sticky for it but they never did.

Polarman, Sep 9, 2020
  4. Jessen P Win User

closing web site

I cant open mi web page in internet and my emails in outlook

Hi Cristian,

Thank you for being part of Microsoft Community.

• Which browser do you use to access websites?
    • Do you get any error message when you cannot open the websites?

I suggest you to check the status of the issue on different web browsers. In case you face the issue on Internet Explorer, you may add the website to Compatibility view settings and check if it helps.
    To add the website to compatibility view follow the steps below.

Steps:-

• Open Internet Explorer and go to the website.

• Press Alt + X keys and select
          Compatibility view settings

• Click on Add and Close.

Hope this information is helpful. Please get back to us with the information required, if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Jessen P, Sep 9, 2020
Thema:

closing web site

1. closing web site - Similar Threads - closing web site

2. web sites are not loading

in Windows 10 Gaming
    web sites are not loading: Web sites are not loading on my laptop. The circle in the tab just swirls.I use Chrome but have the same problem on Edge.I cleared cache, cookies, etc. I have restarted the computer. Connection is fine.I ran MS Diagnostics. It came up with nothing. I i finished updating some...
  3. Disapearing web sites

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Disapearing web sites: If I GO TO 1 , 2, OR, 3, WEB SITES AND THEN GO TO MY PC. WHEN I TRY GOING BACK TO ANY ONE OF THE WEB SITES, THEY ARE ALL GONE. WHY? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/disapearing-web-sites/6993a0ae-99ba-4135-b3ce-4774d5d72257
  4. Foreign web site

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Foreign web site: How can I access out-of-town websites https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/foreign-web-site/1ad86974-f5f1-4546-82ba-3128dfd666cc
  5. Web Sites Not Found

Web Sites Not Found: Windows 10 Pro 16GB Memory, 500Gb SSD, 3 years old desktop This computer was working great Friday till the afternoon. MS Edge, Google Chrome cannot display web pages. It is connected to the network can print to network printer and access another computer. It...
  6. web site

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    web site: i went to a website and there address does not exist how do they keep operateing Thank you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/web-site/dccdf822-e964-4953-9e97-24c91beab5cd
  7. web site loading

web site loading: my children played with my desk top and for some reason facebook will not load properly. all other web pages load only facebook has this problem however, facebook works fine on my phone and Ipad?...
  8. Access to a web site

Access to a web site: Why can I not access www.Canada.ca. with this computer. I have used it many times. I can reach it with other devices. How do I fix this. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/access-to-a-web-site/ebfe7691-2881-47c2-9e9f-7b910fa4b115
  9. web site secure

in Windows 10 Customization
    web site secure: Hello, Across the top where the web address is I see site not secure, It happens on outlook.com and several others. Any suggestions or help as to why this happens? Thank you...
  10. Problem with closing a web tab/site

in Browsers and Email
    Problem with closing a web tab/site: I have an issue i can easily fix when using windows 7 IE but this edge is another issue but anyways here it goes. With windows 7 when i have an issue with a web page that a pop up locks me into that screen and I cannot close that web window I can easily open task manager...