Windows 10: Cloud Gaming is here, so why was Clustered Processing skipped ?

Discus and support Cloud Gaming is here, so why was Clustered Processing skipped ? in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; Ok so as we see the next bus stop in the gaming industry is cloud gaming , where the whole thing is rendered over the cloud yet you just get to play it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by nIGHTmAYOR, Apr 19, 2019.

1. Cloud Gaming is here, so why was Clustered Processing skipped ?

Ok so as we see the next bus stop in the gaming industry is cloud gaming , where the whole thing is rendered over the cloud yet you just get to play it using a video stream .

The surprise is that this comes as a direct hit to all those GPU manufacturers and rig makers where their economy is dependent on selling sub 1000$ graphics cards as such a move could just shatter their temples to pieces judging that the cost of cloud gaming (rendering and games included) might fall a little below such prices and even if a little higher might still be affordable considering the cost is monthly subscription based so small chunks vs one big one yet granting much higher performance as suggested by trials .

GPU manufacturers are not yet showing any panic most probably because like Nvidia they are working on a similar plan to Google's and for AMD to that they are actually partnered with Google mind you Sony .

Now however the next logical step in evolution should have been Clustered Processing , i.e with a house holding not less than 10 smart devices these days why wasn't it just thought to collaborate the horsepower on these for a performance that can theoretically supersede single standard Rigs .

Also to note this had been around for a while , Clustered Rendering / Processing had been a trend used by a lot of 3D modeling and rendering packages to accelerate work time , for example 3D Studio Max use a P2P client called "Back Burner" to just commit to other idle rigs on same network parts of the task in hand so to help along accelerating the rendering process .

I know that we were fed : but hey ! the net is too slow , we need really expensive SLI cables to stream data back and forth among different cards blahs . But then seeing to how Google and Autodesk keep handling things , there is always a way around all these blahs , there is always a "Smart" way to do Clustered Rendering/Processing even if the end result is is part of the screen is streamed video , interlaced lines of videos put together or distributed rendering of objects .

So the question remains , why didn't we just have a way to link our devices together to harness their accumulative power rather than paying dearly for one device or pay subscription for one that secretly does that ?

Cheers
    *Cool

:)

nIGHTmAYOR, Apr 19, 2019
  2. 95Viper Win User

Strange idea... possible to cluster computers on a network for general processing?

Not so strange...

Tech Article - DIY Supercomputing: How to Build a Small Windows HPC Cluster

Building Your Own Super Computer

Building your own supercomputer using Ubuntu and Kerrighed

Quote from here --> How to Hook Up Several Computers to Make a Supercomputer

95Viper, Apr 19, 2019
  3. GNJha Win User
    Boot Process

Hi,

Please suggest me a link that can explain the boot process step by step of ...

• Windows 7,
    • Windows 8.1,
    • Windows 10,
    • Windows Server 2008 R2 and
    • Windows Server 2012 R2

With Regards

InTech

GNJha, Apr 19, 2019
  4. Frick Win User

Cloud Gaming is here, so why was Clustered Processing skipped ?

Strange idea... possible to cluster computers on a network for general processing?

That's clusters for you.

Now this is the territory of cloud computing.

Frick, Apr 19, 2019
Thema:

Cloud Gaming is here, so why was Clustered Processing skipped ?

1. Cloud Gaming is here, so why was Clustered Processing skipped ? - Similar Threads - Cloud Gaming here

2. Why is my pc so bad after cloud resetting.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is my pc so bad after cloud resetting.: So I couldn't reinstall windows for some reason so i decided to cloud reset. Everything has been going downhill since then. Virus and threat protection doesn't work , Windows Defender doesnt work , Windows smartscreen and other apps saying i dont have wifi when im literally...
  3. Why is my pc so bad after cloud resetting.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why is my pc so bad after cloud resetting.: So I couldn't reinstall windows for some reason so i decided to cloud reset. Everything has been going downhill since then. Virus and threat protection doesn't work , Windows Defender doesnt work , Windows smartscreen and other apps saying i dont have wifi when im literally...
  4. One File share witness or Cloud Witness for two clusters

in Windows 10 Gaming
    One File share witness or Cloud Witness for two clusters: Is it possible to use One File share witness for two separate clusters, below is the requirement:Data Center 1 Node1, Node2, WINCLUXData Center 2Node3, Node4, WINCLUYData Center 3Only one file share witness\\filesharewitness\WINCLUor One Cloud witness...
  5. One File share witness or Cloud Witness for two clusters

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    One File share witness or Cloud Witness for two clusters: Is it possible to use One File share witness for two separate clusters, below is the requirement:Data Center 1 Node1, Node2, WINCLUXData Center 2Node3, Node4, WINCLUYData Center 3Only one file share witness\\filesharewitness\WINCLUor One Cloud witness...
  6. Why so many multiple processes in Windows 10?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Why so many multiple processes in Windows 10?: Hi,I noticed in the task manager that several processes occure more than one time, and some processes occure multiple times, for example the Chrome, Microsoft Edge and some nVidia processes.Why does this happen and is there anything to do to reduce the number of...
  7. Why is this here ?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Why is this here ?: In my properties in security i find this user Account Unknow 1-5-21 ? what is this an how do i get rid of it ? submitted by /u/MFTGAMING [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ljek9w/why_is_this_here/
  8. Why Windows processes are using so much RAM

Why Windows processes are using so much RAM: My laptop has 16 GB of 3200 ddr4 RAM, but after letting it idle for about an hour the RAM usage goes straight up to 99% with only edge open. I checked my system and everything is up to date and the Task manager is saying I have 15.4 GB of available RAM. Is there anything that...
  9. So here's the mess I'm in

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    So here's the mess I'm in: So far I've been having a hellish experience with windows 10 and after a recent update some things have been happening. One thing I noticed was the sudden inability to access the action center along with the inability to access the sound setting in the task bar. Both of those...
  10. Why My Laptop has so many background processes and Windows Processes?

Why My Laptop has so many background processes and Windows Processes?: I just bought a new laptop a few days ago, and I have so many problem after the auto updates in windows 10. 1. my cpu usage, memory usage, and disk usage get so high easily when I open the task manager or any program they will go up to 20-40% on cpu usage, the memory will...