Windows 10: CloudBerry Backup Review: A secure, fast and cloud-based backup software

Discus and support CloudBerry Backup Review: A secure, fast and cloud-based backup software in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Regardless of the version of Windows and computer you’re using at the moment, there’s always a chance that your hard drive could fail anytime or a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinLatest, Sep 25, 2018.

1. WinLatest New Member

CloudBerry Backup Review: A secure, fast and cloud-based backup software

Regardless of the version of Windows and computer you’re using at the moment, there’s always a chance that your hard drive could fail anytime or a software bug could delete your important files.

There are many reasons why you may need a backup software:

• The files can be accidentally deleted or it may become corrupt.
    • Your hard disk may crash corrupting your data.
    • Viruses and software bug could also corrupt or delete files.
    Overview

There are many backup apps but CloudBerry Backup is a uniquely versatile backup program for Windows that can sync data from local to local, cloud to cloud and local to cloud. CloudBerry’s backup solution uses the power of leading cloud platforms to store your data securely.

CloudBerry Backup Review: A secure, fast and cloud-based backup software CloudBerry-context-menu.jpg

CloudBerry is a truly amazing software. If you want to move your files stored in PC to an external hard drive as well as an online storage, you can do it with CloudBerry.

CloudBerry is a paid tool but there’s a free version that takes care of the cloud and local backup basics.

Features

The best thing about CloudBerry Backup is that it can switch between online backup and storage services. For example, you can use it to quickly copy data from the local drive to online storage and vice versa. The list of supported services is pretty impressive. The app works with Amazon S3, Microsoft’s OneDrive, Google Drive and other biggies.

The CloudBerry supports image-based backup that basically takes snapshots and transfers it to the cloud service of your choice.

Multiple cloud services

CloudBerry Backup Review: A secure, fast and cloud-based backup software CloudBerry-services.jpg

CloudBerry can upload your data and store it securely in OneDrive, Windows Azure, Amazon S3, SoftLayer and others.

Secure

The app takes care of your data and there’s a Ransomware Protection feature that would detect the encryption changes in files. According to CloudBerry, the feature should be able to prevent existing backups from being overwritten in order to keep ransomware away.

In addition to ransomware protection, CloudBerry claims that the data is encrypted by 256-bit strong keys on the source side and when you upload the files, documents and folders to the cloud services, the process is also encrypted using the SSL protocols.

Schedule your backups

Sometimes, bad things happen to computers when you’re away. Fortunately, CloudBerry includes a scheduling feature that you can use to make sure your files are properly backed up when you’re busy at your work.

You can set up the app to backup your data hourly, daily, weekly or monthly. You can also specify your own schedule.

The app comes with compression feature that would decrease the storage cost and reduce the bandwidth usage.

Here’s a list of other features:

• Cloud to Cloud Backup
    • Cloud to Local Backup
    • Email Notifications
    • Retention Policies
    Interface and performance

CloudBerry Backup interface is not modern enough and it’s not newbie-friendly. If you’re familiar with the backup universe, the app should be easy on the eye for you. The program is largely aimed at the IT market and but it’s also available for the general users.

CloudBerry Backup Review: A secure, fast and cloud-based backup software CloudBerry-settings.jpg

We’re using CloudBerry for one month and the app has performed flawlessly in our testing. We’ve tested the online to online, local to online, PC to USB drives backup solutions.

Price

CloudBerry Backup is available for Windows and other OSes. The freeware version comes with most of the features that are available in the Pro version of the app including the flexible scheduler and retention policies.

But if you’re interested in image-based backup, compression and encryption features, you would need to buy the Pro version for $49.99.

While the app is free, you would need to pay to use the cloud storage feature.

CloudBerry Backup Review: A secure, fast and cloud-based backup software CloudBerry-cost.jpg

CloudBerry is indeed a good solution for nerds and if you’re interested, you can download it from here.

The post CloudBerry Backup Review: A secure, fast and cloud-based backup software appeared first on Windows Latest

Weiterlesen...

WinLatest, Sep 25, 2018
  2. pigulici Win User

Free software for backup

No, synkron it is not good(I can use dropbox too for that), because I need to make on each backup a new folder, also from security point of view, I will not use ''cloud'' solutions...

pigulici, Sep 25, 2018
  3. btarunr Win User
    WD Simplifies Hybrid Cloud Backup For Midsized IT Environments

WD, a Western Digital (NASDAQ: WDC) company and a world leader in digital storage solutions, today announced version 10.2 of WD Arkeia network backup software, featuring significant scalability improvements to the WD Arkeia patented Progressive Deduplication technology. WD Arkeia network backup software is a fast, easy-to-use, and affordable solution for small and medium sized businesses that ensures critical business data is backed up on both the local network and in the cloud.

"Backup solutions for businesses are going through a dramatic shift in technology," said Bill Evans, general manager of WD's business storage solutions group. "Advances in data deduplication, hard drive capacity, and wide-area network speeds allow companies to dispense with the error-prone process of trucking nightly backup tapes offsite. WD Arkeia 10.2 extends WD's hybrid cloud backup solution that offers the speed of LAN backups and the security of cloud storage. 'Seed and feed' for overnight transport of large backup sets delivers the flexibility of rapid data recovery when needed."

WD Arkeia's Progressive Deduplication is the critical technology for making replication of backups to the cloud an affordable, tape-free alternative for offsite backup and recovery. WD Arkeia's unique "seed and feed" technology allows the replication of large backup datasets to and from the cloud without the need for fast WAN connectivity. First, administrators export backup datasets in encrypted form via USB 3.0 to portable hard drives or drive arrays. Second, administrators ship the drives to a remote location where the backup sets are imported into another WD Arkeia backup server. Smaller backup sets, such as daily incremental changes to the original large dataset, can be easily performed over the Internet. The reclamation of orphaned deduplication blocks is a key capability for enterprise-grade deduplication solutions.

With WD Arkeia version 10.2, block optimization progresses continuously and orphaned blocks are recovered incrementally. Unlike competitive products, no maintenance window has to be dedicated to the deduplication process and the largest deployments can affect block reclamation invisibly in the background, without administrator intervention.

Availability and Pricing
    WD Arkeia version 10.2 is available today for download on www.arkeia.com. The release is free to all WD Arkeia customers on current maintenance contracts. This new capability is available for all WD Arkeia backup servers, whether deployed as software, appliances, or virtual appliances.

Backup software pricing starts at $2,000 for a perpetual license for one backup server with unlimited file and folder backup agents. Backup appliance pricing starts at $3,490 with unlimited file and folder backup agents. Both software and appliances are bundled with one year of software updates and technical support.

For more information, visit this page.

btarunr, Sep 25, 2018
  4. btarunr Win User

ASUSTOR Announces Support for ElephantDrive Cloud Backup

ASUSTOR Inc., a leading innovator and provider of network storage solutions, has announced the addition of the new ElephantDrive cloud backup App for all ASUSTOR NAS devices. ASUSTOR NAS users will be able to download and install this new App via App Central. ElephantDrive provides an online cloud backup service that allows data from ASUSTOR NAS devices to be backed up in real time or via scheduling to ElephantDrive's encrypted cloud storage space. Data can also be conveniently restored in the event of an accident, significantly enhancing data availability.

"We are delighted to begin our collaboration with ASUSTOR. Our goal has been to provide seamlessly integrated cloud backup solutions for NAS devices, so it was only a matter of time before we offered support for ASUSTOR's powerful and user-friendly devices," said Michael Fisher, CEO at ElephantDrive. "We are convinced that the combination of ASUSTOR's hardware and ElephantDrive's cloud services will satisfy the most demanding users."

CloudBerry Backup Review: A secure, fast and cloud-based backup software 25107cf9f3ac_thm.jpg

"We are elated to be bringing ElephantDrive's cloud backup solutions to all ASUSTOR NAS users," said James Su, Product Manager at ASUSTOR. "We aim to provide our users with the best backup and data protection solutions, securing their data and providing peace of mind."

ASUSTOR recognizes the demanding requirements that users have for backup, providing a host of comprehensive backup solutions that give users the flexibility to configure backups in different usage scenarios. ASUSTOR backup solutions include the Backup Plan utility for Windows, Time Machine support for Mac, FTP/Rsync backup to remote servers, and synchronized backup to cloud storage services such as Dropbox, Owncloud, Google Drive, Microsoft OneDrive, HiDrive and hubiC. The addition of support for ElephantDrive provides yet another high quality cloud backup option for users to choose from.

For more information about ElephantDrive's features and take advantage of ElephantDrive's exclusive pricing, please visit this page.

btarunr, Sep 25, 2018
Thema:

1. CloudBerry Backup Review: A secure, fast and cloud-based backup software - Similar Threads - CloudBerry Backup Review

2. Backup Software solutions to frequently backup a single folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Backup Software solutions to frequently backup a single folder: I have a remote weather station and a Windows 11 machine which runs the Weather station software and nothing else.I need a backup solution which will only backup the weather station data folder, and which will do it every 30 minutes in an incremental backup manner. If the...
  3. Backup Software solutions to frequently backup a single folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Backup Software solutions to frequently backup a single folder: I have a remote weather station and a Windows 11 machine which runs the Weather station software and nothing else.I need a backup solution which will only backup the weather station data folder, and which will do it every 30 minutes in an incremental backup manner. If the...
  4. No option for cloud-based backups in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    No option for cloud-based backups in Windows 10: Settings > Update and Security > Backup.I no longer have an option for cloud-based backups and can only setup backups using a local drive. Additionally, OneDrive no longer has the option to backup "Important PC Folders".This is an issue on my desktop machine that was recently...
  5. Advice for free backup software with incremental backup capability?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Advice for free backup software with incremental backup capability?: I've tried Easeus, AOMEI, and a few others, but can't figure out how to do an incremental backup. Basically I'd like to either backup my Disk or just the files and folders on my C:/ drive, and have the ability to do an incremental backup every week or so. Easeus says free...
  6. Which cloud backup if any?

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Which cloud backup if any?: Windows 10 1909 (build 18363.836) Hello folks. So I have a few external hard drives and regularly do file back ups and the occasional system image. More file backups. Just clean installed 1909 and set everything up and every time I do a clean install and faff about with...
  7. Backup Security

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Backup Security: Windows 7 is the last version to successfully use Norton Ghost 15 or the app. These were used to backup photos, documents and notations. Windows 10 does not seem to do this so a way is needed that will both recover and save these valuable materials One Drive have been...
  8. Is backup software a gimmick ????

Is backup software a gimmick ????: What I understand about backup is you copy the files to another storage medium. Simply selecting the files and then copy-and-paste and then that should do it...... Why there is often what so-called backup software? They may even charge. Why do we need those software? 118784
  9. Tape backup software

Tape backup software: What are current recommendations for this please? I use an Ultrium-4 drive on a server and iSCSI connection from a booted CD to take image backups of all the machines here at home, but dd isn't the best of backup utilities *Smile I can't afford a PetaByte disk array so...
  10. Anyone with experience in cloud backup?

Anyone with experience in cloud backup?: Which is the best cloud service where I can host gigabytes of data? The service should offer high security because, I need to backup my business database and related stuffs. I have tried Google drive but not satisfied with it. One of my friend is using Cloud Backup Disaster...