Windows 10: Cloudera ODBC disconnects when idle on Windows 10 Enterprise and won't reconnect for while...

Discus and support Cloudera ODBC disconnects when idle on Windows 10 Enterprise and won't reconnect for while... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Cloudera ODBC disconnects when idle on Windows Enterprise Hey, I've had this issue since I started using my laptop. If I leave the laptop without... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/BenjaM_2, Feb 13, 2020.

1. Cloudera ODBC disconnects when idle on Windows 10 Enterprise and won't reconnect for while...

Cloudera ODBC disconnects when idle on Windows Enterprise

Hey, I've had this issue since I started using my laptop. If I leave the laptop without mouse or keyboard input (does not go into sleep) for like 5 minutes or more, it will kill my Cloudera ODBC connection. I'm forced to go the ODBC menu in Windows, test the connection and that goes as follow:

1. Test connection: It fails

2. Test connection: Takes a while, window greys out and it connects [Every attempt after this one yields a succesful connection]

3. Use pyodbc or any other program (any configuration) to try and connect: It fails

I built a python script to try to connect until it is succesful and it can take up to 10 minutes to get back online with any tool using odbc. After this it won't fail until I leave pc for 5 minutes.

I've disabled all sleep settings (Setting to disable disk sleeping is not available). Oracle or SQL Server ODBC don't share the same problem and even if laptop goes to sleep it should still reconnect. My current solution is to have an I/O device interact with the system while I'm gone so the connection doesn't die. I'm quite desperate since I've looked around for solutions on this, but the bug is unknown. I'm posting this here because the issue might not be the driver, my colleagues have the same setup with the same driver version and tools, but use Windows 10 Pro [No additional config required] and it works flawlessly, could there be an issue with my installation or could it have something to do with hardware?

Note: If I restart the computer when the connection dies, it will reconnect on first try after boot. So the good old turning it on and off again works, but is extremely inconvenient.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

submitted by /u/BenjaM_2
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/BenjaM_2, Feb 13, 2020

2. usb keeps disconnecting and reconnecting windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. I regret the inconvenience caused to you. Let me help you.

• What is the make model of your system?
    I suggest you to Change the USB power management settings and check.

• Open Device Manager.

• Double-click the type USB to change power management settings.

• Right-click the specific device you want, and then click
      Properties.

• On the Power Management tab, change the power management settings.

I would also suggest you to refer to the suggestion by
    Ashish Sondhi from the following link and check if it helps.

USB devices keeps disconnecting/ reconnecting automatically

Also refer:

• What if a wired device isn't installed properly?

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-8/what-device-isnt-installed-properly

(Note: steps in the above article applies to Windows 10 as well)

Let us know if you have any further query on Windows, we are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Rajeshwari_Patil, Feb 13, 2020
  3. Junaid_A Win User
    Disconnect and reconnect File History drive

Hi David,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

To stop file history using a drive, you can try the steps listed below.

Ideally, File History will save copies of your files every hour, so disconnecting and reconnecting the backup drive every hour would be a tedious task. However, if you still would like to go for it, you may try the steps listed
    below.

• Open Settings and go to Update & Security > Backup using File History.
    • Scroll down to Backup to a different drive
      and choose Stop using the drive to disconnect the drive.
    • Later, when you would like to reconnect, go to
      Settings
      >
      Update & security>
      Backup>
      Add a drive to reconnect the drive.

Additional Info: Use File History to backup and restore
    in Windows 10

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Junaid_A, Feb 13, 2020
  4. Cloudera ODBC disconnects when idle on Windows 10 Enterprise and won't reconnect for while...

Router disconnects from internet and reconnects

My router has been acting up lately. Its been disconnecting from the internet and eventually reconnects overtime. But the disconnect happens so frequently, its annoying and I've reverted to asking for help.

RyserPhoenix, Feb 13, 2020
Thema:

Cloudera ODBC disconnects when idle on Windows 10 Enterprise and won't reconnect for while...

1. Cloudera ODBC disconnects when idle on Windows 10 Enterprise and won't reconnect for while... - Similar Threads - Cloudera ODBC disconnects

2. Computer disconnects from WiFi and won't reconnect

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer disconnects from WiFi and won't reconnect: My computer started having issues late last year, and for a while it was ignorable but its gotten worse. It will only connect to WiFi immediately after restarting, but only stays connected for a few minutes. Then I run network testing and it says WiFi is turned off, but when...
  3. Windows screens when usb disconnects and reconnects

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows screens when usb disconnects and reconnects: I've been recently been having this issue of my whole PC blue screening when a USB disconnects, its been happening a lot lately i have the minidump files for the crash report but I need some tech support. PC specsRYZEN 7 2700XRTX 3060 12GBCorsair Vengeance RGB 16x2 32gb1TB...
  4. PC disconnects when idle

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC disconnects when idle: Sometimes my desktop disconnects connection when it is not using. It is not on the sleep mode but just on the desktop page where you can see apps and when you browser again it is disconnected. I have a LAN connection and I unplug the cable and check without help. I have a...
  5. PC disconnects when idle

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC disconnects when idle: Sometimes my desktop disconnects connection when it is not using. It is not on the sleep mode but just on the desktop page where you can see apps and when you browser again it is disconnected. I have a LAN connection and I unplug the cable and check without help. I have a...
  6. PC disconnects when idle

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. Internet disconnects and won't reconnect until restart

Internet disconnects and won't reconnect until restart: My computer is having internet issues, when I try to stream, only when I try to stream, it disconnects from the internet and won't reconnect until I restart.I can navigate in the internet without issue, download, play games, watch movies, etc. no problem at all, I try to...
  8. Windows 10 Wifi disconnects and won't reconnect until restart

Windows 10 Wifi disconnects and won't reconnect until restart: I have an Asus X550C with a Qualcomm Atheros 9485 network adapter. I'm using version 1909 of Windows 10. The problem is that it disconnects at completely random intervals and will not reconnect until I restart the pc. It will not even connect to my Iphone hotspot. Here are...
  9. Mouse disconnects when idle.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Mouse disconnects when idle.: Hello, I have a Microsoft Bluetooth Mobile Mouse 3600 it keeps disconnecting when I leave my laptop on idle. Also I noticed that this problem occurred after installing Keyboard Splitter. Thank you!...
  10. Xbox controller won't reconnect after disconnecting it

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox controller won't reconnect after disconnecting it: I have the xbox dongle and I used to be able to turn my controller off and on as many times as I needed to. Now I can only connect once and if the controller gets turned off I can't reconnect it without restarting steam or my computer. It's a bit of an annoyance. Does anyone...