Windows 10: CloudExperienceHostBroker triggering restart during OOBE after AUDIT

Discus and support CloudExperienceHostBroker triggering restart during OOBE after AUDIT in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi Dears, I'm just trying to change the profiles directory and ProgramData directory paths after a Windows 10 upgrade to allocate these in D:\Users... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by nogardeht, Sep 1, 2015.

1. nogardeht Win User

CloudExperienceHostBroker triggering restart during OOBE after AUDIT

Hi Dears,
    I'm just trying to change the profiles directory and ProgramData directory paths after a Windows 10 upgrade to allocate these in D:\Users and D:\ProgramData respectively (source OS: Windows 8 Pro installed just to perform a clean upgrade), but I'm having a problem. After installing Windows 10 I execute the sysprep with the unattended XML as follows:
    • sysprep /oobe /reboot /unattendCloudExperienceHostBroker triggering restart during OOBE after AUDIT :D:\Unattended.XML

It performs the cleanup and restarts the system into OOBE, but it always get restarted in the "Just a moment" screen after Customize Settings (Just to be clear, step 18 of guide Windows 10 - Clean Install - Windows 10 Forums).

At first glance I thought it was a drivers issue (I have read somewhere that users with NVIDIA cards where facing issues during the customizations, so I tried adding the PersistAllDeviceInstalls as true in the unattended, and now I think it is not the problem.

Instead, what I did is I have just restarted everything, reinstalled windows 8 pro, upgraded to win 10 and executed the sysprep with the XML just once till it was restarted again, then after the restart I just executed the console with SHIFT+F10 and executed the eventvwr, and luckily me I found the error:

CloudExperienceHostBroker.exe is triggering a restart during the customization, and the reason for the restart is "System Reconfiguration".

The problem now is that I don't know how to solver or skip this, I tried replacing the EXE with a cmd.exe, and it just broke the oobe and I had to restart anyways.

I was looking for information around unfortunately without any valuable information, has someone faced this before? Do you think it is failing because I'm doing something wrong somewhere else? How should I proceed?

:)

nogardeht, Sep 1, 2015

2. After Sysprep in Win 10 v1607, Reboots during OOBE for our customers

Having an issue with Win 10 v1607. During the customers OOBE, specifically at the customize settings, the system will reboot and start the OOBE over again. Does not matter if they select Express or Custom, it reboots endlessly. The only fix we've come up
    with is a complete reinstall.

On our images we install Win 10 v1607

We then put the system into Audit Mode and install the following:

Motherboard drivers

All security updates

Office 2016.2

After testing, we sysprep every system and currently are hoping for the best. I would estimate about 15% of our systems have the reboot issue during OOBE.

Any ideas what is happening or a resolution for this issue?

Steve Cuddihy Jr, Sep 1, 2015
  3. sysprep bug

After I installed Win10Ent , I wanted create Image with sysprep.

In audit mode I run command: "sysprep /generalize /oobe /shutdown"

After reboot I get error:

windows could not finish configuring the system. To attempt to resumes configuration, restart the computer.

Why ? How is it resolve ?

Alex Dashevski, Sep 1, 2015
  4. CloudExperienceHostBroker triggering restart during OOBE after AUDIT

I have this issue, as well... In the event that anyone else has this, I did some digging on this and found a solution for my cause:

TURN UAC BACK ON.
    To do this:
    1) At the OOBE hit SHIFT+F10 to get a command prompt
    2) Turn on UAC: reg add hklm\software\microsoft\windows\currentversion\policies\system /v EnableLUA /t reg_dword /d 1 /f
    3) Reboot: shutdown -f -r -t 1

Once the computer restarted and entered OOBE everything worked as it should!

Hope this helps. *Smile

0ByteSolutions, Oct 28, 2015
  5. Any additional information with this issue? I am also encountering "CloudExperienceHostBroker" causing a restart during OOBE due to "System Reconfiguration".

My system was already set with EnableLUA = 1, so I tried flipping it to 0 without any luck.

CloudExperienceHostBroker from the little bit I can find seems to be related to AzureAD, a feature I have no intention of using. I also cannot find any information on disabling or removing this.

jsartorisd127, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

CloudExperienceHostBroker triggering restart during OOBE after AUDIT

1. CloudExperienceHostBroker triggering restart during OOBE after AUDIT - Similar Threads - CloudExperienceHostBroker triggering restart

2. Restart PC during Windows OOBE

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Restart PC during Windows OOBE: I just reserved my computer and got to the OOBE setup and I noticed that my mouse and keyboard doesn't work I don't have external mouse's and keyboards aswell, can I turn off my PC safely and turn on at the OOBE the next start up?...
  3. Restart PC during Windows OOBE

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Restart PC during Windows OOBE: I just reserved my computer and got to the OOBE setup and I noticed that my mouse and keyboard doesn't work I don't have external mouse's and keyboards aswell, can I turn off my PC safely and turn on at the OOBE the next start up?...
  4. Restart PC during Windows OOBE

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. URGENT - Windows 11 can't exit OOBE/Audit mode after using sysprep

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    URGENT - Windows 11 can't exit OOBE/Audit mode after using sysprep: WOW! I just installed Windows 11, and it looks very beautiful! Don't know why people have bad reputation though. Anyways, I missed the user account creation OOBE which looks absolutely beautiful, so I wanted to see that again, that is why I used Sysprep, just to know that...
  6. OOBE Loop leading to Audit Mode screen of death

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    OOBE Loop leading to Audit Mode screen of death: So my company provided me a new Lenovo Yoga laptop, but accidentally ordered it with 10 Home instead of Pro. After some wrangling with an ISO of Pro that we had on hand, I was upgrading my computer only to run into the OOBE Loop. I tried detaching all peripherals, disabling...
  7. Fingerprint and Pin authentication During OOBE

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Fingerprint and Pin authentication During OOBE: Hello, I have a question in regards to a Windows 1903 enterprise environment. The question is how can we take a vanilla image and disable the fingerprint Windows Hello feature on some devices with fingerprint technology. That is getting a device from OOBE to join a UEM...
  8. Customizing image in Audit mode vs OOBE

Customizing image in Audit mode vs OOBE: Hi, I'm new to customizing Windows images and I'm confused by something that I hope you can clear up. I understand that audit mode gives OEMs the ability to install software, drivers, customize etc before capturing a master image, and that that this uses a hidden admin...
  9. Sysprep Reboots back into Audit mode instead of OOBE

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Sysprep Reboots back into Audit mode instead of OOBE: IT, trying to create a backup image using macrium although my issues are just for sysprep, At the moment i am just trying to figure things out, so I am installing windows 10 education on SSD (computer has a ssd and a hardrive) then boot into windows and on the first screen...
  10. Audit Mode going into OOBE

Audit Mode going into OOBE: Hello all, Why is it that when I am in audit mode and I set my .theme package, I then OOBE out, and it deletes the theme that I installed? Do I need to add the theme to an unattended XML file? 78210