Windows 10: Clover Bootloader

Discus and support Clover Bootloader in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hiya, I am going to install clover bootloader whilst clean installing windows 10 for BIOS UEFI (but the BIOS UEFI are 32-Bit). So after I have set up... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by TroubleShot, Oct 18, 2020.

1. Clover Bootloader

Hiya,

I am going to install clover bootloader whilst clean installing windows 10 for BIOS UEFI (but the BIOS UEFI are 32-Bit). So after I have set up the partitions (shift + F10 before installing windows) from command prompt - please note the automatic set up of partitions is not working. I will then copy clover bootloader over to the EFI folder on the EFI system partition then set the path for BCD. Then I should be able to start the clean installation process of windows 10 which is 64-bit; hence the need for another bootloader. But my question is this. I have mostly set up the EFI folder contents for clover bootloader. I have all of the directories and files except for these three directories ACPI, ROM and Misc. For these I intend to add them from clover bootloader, but all of these directories have empty files within. My question is this. Will these be enough as this is a clean installation and the respective hardware information, for power, ROM and misc, should be collected and updated whilst installing; or will it? I would rather do this once correctly so am checking this out before.

:)

TroubleShot, Oct 18, 2020
  2. DRDNA Win User
    DRDNA, Oct 18, 2020
  3. Zefa Feng Win User
    Please help me with issues that Windows 10 Build 14393 or 14393+ firmware bootloaders unable to boot from the Unified Extensible Firmware Interface (UEFI) on my Dell laptop

I NEVER tried dual boot, keeping only ONE Firmware Bootloader with only ONE boot entry on my laptop, which could be one of the items below.

• Windows Boot Loader with the ONLY Windows 8.1 boot entry
    • Windows Boot Loader with the ONLY Windows 10 boot entry
    • Grub Boot Loader with the ONLY Ubuntu 17.10 boot entry
    • Clover Boot Loader with the ONLY macOS Sierra (Hackintosh) boot entry

... but failed to let bootable Windows 10 or Windows 10 PE media boot from the UEFI on my laptop? Can you help identify the issues, please?

Frankly speaking, Firmware Bootloaders are independent with each other, which was proved by a group of experiments that I did, where all the three bootloaders were able to boot from the UEFI in whichever sequence they had been installed:

• Windows 10 -> Ubuntu 17.10 -> macOS Sierra (Hackintosh with Clover bootloader)
    • Windows 10 -> macOS Sierra (Hackintosh with Clover bootloader) ->
      Ubuntu 17.10
    • Ubuntu 17.10 -> Windows 10 -> macOS Sierra (Hackintosh with Clover bootloader)
    • Ubuntu 17.10 ->
      macOS Sierra (Hackintosh with Clover bootloader)->
      Windows 10
    • macOS Sierra (Hackintosh with Clover bootloader) ->
      Windows 10->
      Ubuntu 17.10
    • macOS Sierra (Hackintosh with Clover bootloader) ->
      Ubuntu 17.10->
      Windows 10

Clover Bootloader 33aa11cd-b3ec-4c67-8636-101628fd0e02?upload=true.png

Had your statement highlighted above proved to be TRUE?

If you install multiple Windows Operating Systems (Windows 7, Windows 8.1 or Windows 10) on to a disk configured with the same UEFI boot file (usually located at "$($ESPPartitionDriveLetter):\efi\Microsoft\Boot\BCD"), then these boot entries will share the
    same Firmware Bootloader, which you can learn by typing in "bcdedit.exe /Enum All" and press Enter in an elevated Command Prompt.

If you add multiple boot entries to the same EMPTY bootloader in an ascending order by version number (MajorVersion.MinorVersion.BuildNumber.BuildRevision) (i.e. from the lower version to the higher version), then all boot entries will definitely work, the
    exact contrary to what you said. However, if you install Windows 10 before installing other versions of Windows, in most cases, the lower versions of Windows will boot but might encounter any issues such as the mouse pointer not working, because this time
    the Windows Boot Loader has been updated by the lower versions of Windows, which will never be compatible with Windows 10 boot entries, more briefly,
    Backwards Compatibility.

Zefa Feng, Oct 18, 2020
  4. neilpzz Win User

Clover Bootloader

clover trail

Can't find a Microsoft link but others report MS support ended with the Creators update. So as of Nov 2019 version 1909 and previous does not support Atom Clover Trail.

neilpzz, Oct 18, 2020
Thema:

Clover Bootloader

1. Clover Bootloader - Similar Threads - Clover Bootloader

2. How do i recover the Windows bootloader?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How do i recover the Windows bootloader?: Recently i installed Fedora with GRUB to the same partition as Windows bootloader, using ```bcdedit /set "{bootmgr}" path \EFI\fedora/grubx64.efi``` to make it possible to use bothThen, to switch Fedora to another OS i first booted into windows and used```mountvol S: /SS:cd...
  3. Win 10 on Clover Trail processors

Win 10 on Clover Trail processors: OK - this really bugging me now.. can ANYONE pref someone from Microsoft give me a sensible insight? So .. per this post...
  4. Does Clover damage my computer?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Does Clover damage my computer?: I casually uploaded the installer file of latest Clover to VirusTotal and I was surprised ! https://www.virustotal.com/gui/file/8d594ecee059aabea6ccbea8a6beffe684ea1a4a1e99ccb48790c585bd3ced5c/detection Too many engines has detected virus. Is Clover really danger? Does...
  5. clover trail

clover trail: As of november 2019, is it possible to upgrade to windows 10. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/clover-trail/c833bfdf-fd4a-48ae-bfc8-6bfff78ba4fe
  6. Win 10 clover Trail.. WTH is Microsoft playing at?

Win 10 clover Trail.. WTH is Microsoft playing at?: OK, seen a few posts complaining/asking about need to revert back to 1607 for support to 2023 for the now unsupported Clover Trail atom processors. Not seen sensible reply for people like me where my machine got to 1703.. and is now blocked from further updates. so Will my...
  7. Clover tab explorer doesn't work with October Update - 1809

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Clover tab explorer doesn't work with October Update - 1809: Any clover user's out there? I've been using Clover 3.0.406 (the last version before it was sold to a new owner) for years on Win 10 with no issues. It looks like it finally stopped working. The tabs no longer appear in explorer in this version of windows. I even tried the...
  8. Clover Trail and Windows 10 revisited

Clover Trail and Windows 10 revisited: For reference: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-windows_install/text-may-not-appear-in-the-windows-interface-on/ed1823d3-c82c-4d7f-ba9d-43ecbcf526e9 The upshot there is that Clover Trail (Atom Z2760 etc) systems are not supported by the latest...
  9. Win 10 Extended Lifetime on Clover Trail Atoms also for 1709?

Win 10 Extended Lifetime on Clover Trail Atoms also for 1709?: Hello community, I am running Windows 10 1709 on a Clover Trail Atom Processor (Z2760). Now, Windows Update is trying in vain to install 1803, failing with the notion that my CPU is no longer supported. According to multiple Tech News pages and this post by Edison Puson...
  10. Clover File Manager Alternative

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Clover File Manager Alternative: Hello I have been using a File Manager called Clover here: Clover Brings Chrome-Style Tabs to Windows Explorer. | 易捷科技 EJIE Technology It is a simple program in that it has Tabs & you can add favorite folders to an access bar at the top. It worked OK in Windows 8.1,...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. CloverBootloader

2. clover cannot boot windows 10

3. atom z2580 efi

4. Clover loader