Windows 10: Clover File Manager Alternative

Discus and support Clover File Manager Alternative in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; have you guys tried English installer version of clover 3.0.406 from Softpedia it is free from all false positives. Clover Download I don't know what... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by theoldfarter, Sep 5, 2015.

1. Clover File Manager Alternative

have you guys tried English installer version of clover 3.0.406 from Softpedia it is free from all false positives. Clover Download
    I don't know what you guys talking about, I never faced any issue with clover on windows 10. (maybe your av is stopping some of its functionality since Chinese installer version have lots of warnings on virustotal, some of its program files have even more warnings) in that case try english version, its clean.

LoverOfLove, Feb 9, 2018
  2. DR Ben Win User

Callender - Thank you for the response. FYI, I'm using Windows 8.1 due to other software & hardware issues. I tried Windows 10 and did not like it and all the Microsoft "intrusions" to my life. BTW. Clover works fine for my uses, I was looking to step it up a bit after adding similar functionality to FireFox Quantum. When I get a chance I'll look at Q-Dir Portable but a quick check does not look like it does what I want.

delchina - Thank you for your response also. I will look in to QTTABBAR. On a quick check, it looks like it adds tabs to Windows Explorer which would make it more similar to Clover for me. I am a little hesitant about the the site it seems to be available from. It has a reputation for malware and I have had problems with it in the past. BTW, I currently have about 40 tabs in Clover, hence the interest in multiple rows of tabs (like those I added to FireFox Quantum.

LoverOfLove - Thank you also. I am currently using Clover 3.0.406. As for Windows 10, see above.

DR Ben, Feb 9, 2018
  3. dalchina New Member
    dalchina, Feb 9, 2018
  4. Edwin New Member

Clover File Manager Alternative

Seriously consider @dalchina 's suggestion for QTTabBar, it's unique, powerful and feature rich. You will not regret it!

Edwin, Feb 9, 2018
  5. Callender Win User
    Well my preference is Clover for every day use plus some portable file managers when Clover doesn't fit the bill. I'm still not sure what you need. Multiple tabs? How many? Multiple Windows? how many? What file operations do you need to perform using multiple tabs?

Anyway here's another portable file manager that I use. It doesn't support tabs on more than one row but you do get a scrollable list of opened tabs.

Simple, easy and well designed applications by xiles

Clover File Manager Alternative [​IMG]

Callender, Feb 9, 2018
  6. DR Ben Win User
    I'm semi-retired with several avocations. I sync between my desktop and laptop. At either home or away, I am constantly checking files and/or moving files between folders. I currently limit my tabs to 12. That only overflows my monitors by 2 or 3 tabs. I could use more tab space.

DR Ben, Feb 9, 2018
  7. Callender Win User
    Okay not sure why Q-Dir with 1 to 4 windows and 30+ tabs with drag 'n, drop or cut/copy * paste from one tab to another doesn't work for you?

Also just tested Nexus > dual pane with 65 tabs open. It's possible to select any two tabs for comparison

Callender, Feb 9, 2018
  8. DR Ben Win User

I didn't mean to imply that Q-Dir (or any of the others) would not work for me. I just need to find the time to try them.

DR Ben, Feb 9, 2018
  9. Callender Win User
    Okay another suugestion.

Tabacus Explorer
    Tested and works with Clover installed. Since it's portable it uses it's own settings.
    Here's a screenshot from my machine showing multiple rows of tabs.

On the downside file operations are limited to those that you can do in Explorer and Explorer context menu whereas Nexus has many advanced options.

Callender, Feb 10, 2018
  10. DR Ben Win User
    I could not get Tabacus Explorer to work with Clover installed. Clover loads automatically with no way to get to Tabacus Explorer. So I removed Clover to get the Tabacus Explorer window, however I could not figure out how to get tabs.

DR Ben, Feb 18, 2018
  11. Callender Win User
    It's portable so you just need to extract the files and launch it;

https://www.penflip.com/LightTempler...stallation.txt

Use the 32bit or 64bit executable depending upon your system. There's no need to uninstall clover.

Here's a screenshot showing both programs running.

New tab is Ctrl+T or right click next to the the first tab for options. Right click on any tab for options.

Callender, Feb 20, 2018
  12. Callender Win User
    Okay I just noticed that you can get add ons. Tools> Addons> Get Adons.

If you get Tab Plus and Tab Design you can get a "new tab" button and "close tab" icon on each tab.

Callender, Feb 21, 2018
  13. DR Ben Win User

Well, I finally got the time to test Tabacus Explorer again. I got it to co-exist with Clover except I could not get any tabs. So I uninstalled both Tabacus Explorer and Clover and re-installed Tabacus Explorer.

Looked good.

I got a tab!

So I went for a second one. Then a third. Then a fourth. Oh oh.

The first tab changed its name (and link). Things went down hill from there. Efforts to either "fix" the earlier tabs or add new tabs seemed to cause tabs to randomly change. I un-installed Tabacus Explorer and re-installed it with the same results. It seemed to be unstable (at least with my 64-bit, Windows 8.1).

I gave up and un-installed it and re-installed Clover. I just wondered if I could add another row of tabs like I can do in FireFox Quantum with a .crx or .css file. Too bad Clover does not seem to be supported anymore.

Thank for all your help and suggestions.

DR Ben, Feb 23, 2018
  14. Callender Win User
    I looked into it and couldn't figure it out. It doesn't seem to have the option to import those files anywhere (other than themes)

I'm wondering if you might have third party software installed that has installed a shell extension that is integrated with Explorer and interferes with it.

Callender, Feb 23, 2018
  15. DR Ben Win User
    Not that I'm aware of. Got any hints?

DR Ben, Feb 24, 2018
Thema:

1. Clover File Manager Alternative - Similar Threads - Clover File Manager

2. Alternatives for File history

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Alternatives for File history: I am looking for a replacement for the Windows file history program. Paid or free doesn't matterWhat I would like to accomplish is the same as File history with an hourly update. I would like the option to select what files I want backed up regularly. I also would like a...
  3. Alternatives for File history

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Alternatives for File history: I am looking for a replacement for the Windows file history program. Paid or free doesn't matterWhat I would like to accomplish is the same as File history with an hourly update. I would like the option to select what files I want backed up regularly. I also would like a...
  4. Alternatives for File history

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Bluetooth Management alternative

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Bluetooth Management alternative: I hope this is the right place for this, not sure where else to post. I'm looking for an alternative to the built-in Bluetooth management options available in Win10, maybe some simple software solution or app. I have a number of BT devices (mouse, headset, keyboard, etc.)...
  6. Clover Bootloader

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Clover Bootloader: Hiya, I am going to install clover bootloader whilst clean installing windows 10 for BIOS UEFI (but the BIOS UEFI are 32-Bit). So after I have set up the partitions (shift + F10 before installing windows) from command prompt - please note the automatic set up of partitions...
  7. Win 10 on Clover Trail processors

Win 10 on Clover Trail processors: OK - this really bugging me now.. can ANYONE pref someone from Microsoft give me a sensible insight? So .. per this post...
  8. clover trail

clover trail: As of november 2019, is it possible to upgrade to windows 10. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/clover-trail/c833bfdf-fd4a-48ae-bfc8-6bfff78ba4fe
  9. Explorer (window management) alternative for Windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    Explorer (window management) alternative for Windows 10: For as long as Windows 10 has been around, I've had tremendous issues with UI fluidity and speed on the OS. An example: On a new ThinkPad laptop with fairly high specs, I opened Explorer and went to C:\SomeFolder. I pressed shift+ctrl+n to create a new folder. The green...
  10. Alternative to Hosting Provider's File Manager Back End

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Alternative to Hosting Provider's File Manager Back End: I use a paid host for my three wordpress.org blogs but uploading themes is a hassle. If I use my host's file manager to manage my files, which I do, I can move files, including themes and plugins from one folder or blog installation to another but I cannot copy across...