Windows 10: Clsid question

Discus and support Clsid question in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; So I wonder clsid keep your pc from fully.trubing off I had a issue that I had to force close my pc a I notice a lot of yellow icons at clsid I... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Izuna Kazumi, May 23, 2020.

1. Clsid question

So I wonder clsid keep your pc from fully.trubing off

I had a issue that I had to force close my pc a I notice a lot of yellow icons at clsid

I did look up it it a identifier program for your pc but can it also make your pc unable shut off if not the string with numbers

Can they be dangerous if someone find them I notice a lot of people don't really hide it but I wanted to make sure it is fine

Thanks for reading a have q good day

:)

Izuna Kazumi, May 23, 2020

2. Event ID 10016, CLSID and APPID

Hey, I've been trying to resolve this same dcom issue myself, and I followed the steps you listed @FreeBooter, but when I try to do the last step, I firstly when clicking "edit" get a message saying

Clsid question [​IMG]

And then when I do enter the menu after clicking "ok" on that dialog box, the add button is greyed out.

I'm 100% certain I followed all the steps correctly. I triple-checked it. But no dice...

rEEEEleaseMEE, May 23, 2020
  3. How to repair CLSID ?

OK, things are becoming a little clearer. Here is what's happening:

1. The cmd file you posted generates a VB Script (which is quite superfluous)
    2. The VB Script generates a registry text file.
    3. It also invokes regini.exe (which it could do more simply in the cmd file)
    4. Regini creates the registry key you mentioned.
    The key becomes visible in two places:

• HKCR\CLSID\{F380E974-15FF-11D0-96F1-00C0A84E43AB}
    • HKLM\SOFTWARE\Classes\CLSID\{F380E974-15FF-11D0-96F1-00C0A84E43AB}
    There is no binary data involved. The keys contain only text strings.

Regini requires admin privileges. This means that you should right-click the cmd file, then left-click Run as administrator.

If you still fail then we need to have a closer look at the permission settings in your registry.

Frederik Long, May 23, 2020
  4. Clsid question

How to repair CLSID ?

Let's see if your privileges are sufficient to create the registry key:

1. Mark the 3 lines at the bottom, then press Ctrl+C to copy them.
    2. Create a desktop shortcut for cmd.exe.
    3. Right-click it, then left-click Run as administrator.
    4. Accept the challenge. You will get a black frame.
    5. Type these commands and press Enter after each:

md C:\Test

cd /d C:\Test

notepad reg.reg

(allow the file to be created)

(press Ctrl+V to insert the lines from Step 1)

(Save & close the file)

regedit reg.reg
    6. Report what you see.
    7. If you wish, delete the registry key CLSID_2011. It is at the bottom of the long list.

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\Sue_2011]

@="CLSID_RecordInfo"

Frederik Long, May 23, 2020
Thema:

Clsid question

1. Clsid question - Similar Threads - Clsid question

2. What is this and why does it appear asking for accepting or refusing giving access clsid...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What is this and why does it appear asking for accepting or refusing giving access clsid...: What is this code msg and why does it appear and what do I need to should I ignore it is my pc infected or why does it even shows? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-is-this-and-why-does-it-appear-asking-for/042050ef-4a08-41d4-a03b-e00c0b4a26ba
  3. What is this and why does it appear asking for accepting or refusing giving access clsid...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What is this and why does it appear asking for accepting or refusing giving access clsid...: What is this code msg and why does it appear and what do I need to should I ignore it is my pc infected or why does it even shows? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-is-this-and-why-does-it-appear-asking-for/042050ef-4a08-41d4-a03b-e00c0b4a26ba
  4. CLSID Error due to 80040154

in Windows 10 Gaming
    CLSID Error due to 80040154: When trying to install a 3rd party plug-in to work with QuickBooks I am getting the following error message:Encountered error removing QuickBooks menu: Retrieving the COM class factory for component with CLSID {FC3C4882-C13E-46E7-96F1-CEE3133207B7} due to the following error:...
  5. CLSID Error due to 80040154

CLSID Error due to 80040154: When trying to install a 3rd party plug-in to work with QuickBooks I am getting the following error message:Encountered error removing QuickBooks menu: Retrieving the COM class factory for component with CLSID {FC3C4882-C13E-46E7-96F1-CEE3133207B7} due to the following error:...
  6. Game would stutter for half a second and in event viewer i see: The activation of the CLSID...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Game would stutter for half a second and in event viewer i see: The activation of the CLSID...: When playing my game, my fps and my song playing in the background stutters for like 0.1 second then just go's back to normal. In event view I see error after error of The activation of the CLSID Windows.Media.Capture.AppCaptureManager timed out waiting for the service...
  7. Game would stutter for half a second and in event viewer i see: The activation of the CLSID...

Game would stutter for half a second and in event viewer i see: The activation of the CLSID...: When playing my game, my fps and my song playing in the background stutters for like 0.1 second then just go's back to normal. In event view I see error after error of The activation of the CLSID Windows.Media.Capture.AppCaptureManager timed out waiting for the service...
  8. CLSID Error keeps freezing then restarting the pc

in Windows 10 Gaming
    CLSID Error keeps freezing then restarting the pc: The machine-default permission settings do not grant Local Activation permission for the COM Server application with CLSID I keep getting this error multiple times with different codes like {6B3B8D23-FA8D-40B9-8DBD-B950333E2C52} or {6B3B8D23-FA8D-40B9-8DBD-B950333E2C52}I...
  9. CLSID Error keeps freezing then restarting the pc

CLSID Error keeps freezing then restarting the pc: The machine-default permission settings do not grant Local Activation permission for the COM Server application with CLSID I keep getting this error multiple times with different codes like {6B3B8D23-FA8D-40B9-8DBD-B950333E2C52} or {6B3B8D23-FA8D-40B9-8DBD-B950333E2C52}I...
  10. CLSID Error keeps freezing then restarting the pc

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging