Windows 10: CLSIDs listed by Security

Discus and support CLSIDs listed by Security in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Windows Security has just started blocking and listing some CLSID files. I have not experienced this before and although I have tried reading some... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by clayto, Nov 3, 2020.

1. clayto Win User

CLSIDs listed by Security

Windows Security has just started blocking and listing some CLSID files. I have not experienced this before and although I have tried reading some articles I am not at all clear what I should do about it. There is a lot which seems contradictory, ranging through do nothing, quarantine, remove or allow.<br>
    <br>
    Some start with 6CEDDAA. Most are related to Piriform files (I think I have read news items about MS reacting adversely to the new owners of CCleaner) and IOB files (not popular with Malwarebytes) which are identified as PUAS/ PUPS. I have some notifications saying that the affect the operation of Windows adversely but I have not found in what way. They are all tagged as 'Low'. I have used CCleaner, Speccy, Recuva and IOB apps for many years.

:)

clayto, Nov 3, 2020

2. Event ID 10016, CLSID and APPID

Hey, I've been trying to resolve this same dcom issue myself, and I followed the steps you listed @FreeBooter, but when I try to do the last step, I firstly when clicking "edit" get a message saying

CLSIDs listed by Security [​IMG]

And then when I do enter the menu after clicking "ok" on that dialog box, the add button is greyed out.

I'm 100% certain I followed all the steps correctly. I triple-checked it. But no dice...

rEEEEleaseMEE, Nov 3, 2020
  3. Sasqui Win User
    Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Nov 3, 2020
  4. Johan45 Win User

AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Nov 3, 2020
Thema:

1. CLSIDs listed by Security - Similar Threads - CLSIDs listed Security

2. CLSID Error due to 80040154

in Windows 10 Gaming
    CLSID Error due to 80040154: When trying to install a 3rd party plug-in to work with QuickBooks I am getting the following error message:Encountered error removing QuickBooks menu: Retrieving the COM class factory for component with CLSID {FC3C4882-C13E-46E7-96F1-CEE3133207B7} due to the following error:...
  3. CLSID Error due to 80040154

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    CLSID Error due to 80040154: When trying to install a 3rd party plug-in to work with QuickBooks I am getting the following error message:Encountered error removing QuickBooks menu: Retrieving the COM class factory for component with CLSID {FC3C4882-C13E-46E7-96F1-CEE3133207B7} due to the following error:...
  4. Complete List of CLSID Objects in Microsoft Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Complete List of CLSID Objects in Microsoft Windows 10: Complete List of Windows 10 CLSID Key GUID Shortcuts A CLSID is a globally unique identifier that identifies a COM class object. For more information about a CLSID key and the function of it's subkeys in the registry, then see CLSID Key COM. This tutorial will show you a...
  5. Windows Security exclusions list

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Security exclusions list: After getting message saying Administrator blocked the execution of a file deemed unsafe, i.e. "D:\setup.exe", which came with my 8 year old Samsung multifunction printer, I added it to the Windows Security exclusions list and ran again. Unfortunately, I get the same...
  6. Clsid question

Clsid question: So I wonder clsid keep your pc from fully.trubing off I had a issue that I had to force close my pc a I notice a lot of yellow icons at clsid I did look up it it a identifier program for your pc but can it also make your pc unable shut off if not the string with...
  7. windows security CLSID: (6CED0DAA-4CDE-49C9-BA3A-AE163DC3D7AF)

windows security CLSID: (6CED0DAA-4CDE-49C9-BA3A-AE163DC3D7AF): I keep getting a windows security CLSID: (6CED0DAA-4CDE-49C9-BA3A-AE163DC3D7AF). when I click on details it said "verified publisher: Microsoft windows". Is this program from Microsoft??...
  8. Control Panel Applets' CLSID

in Windows 10 Customization
    Control Panel Applets' CLSID: Hi Guys, Does anyone know what the CLSIDs / GUIDs for the following applets in Control Panel: [img] [img] Mail Flash Player (32-bit) In addition, I would be extremely appreciative if you can advise how I can go about looking up an applet's GUID. Thank you, 129455
  9. CLSID Phone Scam?

CLSID Phone Scam?: I got a call today and believe the individual was trying to hack/scam my government/company/personal computer (don’t know which one). He (sounded form middle east, India maybe). You all have way more knowledge and contacts of/to determine what he was trying to do. Here is...
  10. CLSID Key (GUID) Shortcuts List for Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    CLSID Key (GUID) Shortcuts List for Windows 10: How to: CLSID Key (GUID) Shortcuts List for Windows 10 Complete List of Windows 10 CLSID Key (GUID) Shortcuts A CLSID is a globally unique identifier that identifies a COM class object. For more information about a CLSID key and the function of it's subkeys in the...