Windows 10: Cluster File share witness failed frequently

Discus and support Cluster File share witness failed frequently in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have Windows 2012 2 node fail over cluster and File share witness configured. File share witness frequently goes offlin and triggers this events.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by NarendranKandasamy1, Oct 2, 2018.

1. Cluster File share witness failed frequently

I have Windows 2012 2 node fail over cluster and File share witness configured. File share witness frequently goes offlin and triggers this events. When I check the File share witness its accessible. Its coming online when I manually bring online. This continues frequesntly and create the tickets. Please suggest a solution

EveNT ID 1052
    File share witness resource 'File Share Witness (2)' failed a periodic health check on file share '\\server\FileShareWitness'. Please ensure that file share '\\server\FileShareWitness' exists and is accessible by the cluster.

EveNT ID 1069

Cluster resource 'File Share Witness (2)' of type 'File Share Witness' in clustered role 'Cluster Group' failed.

Based on the failure policies for the resource and role, the cluster service may try to bring the resource online on this node or move the group to another node of the cluster and then restart it. Check the resource and group state using Failover Cluster Manager or the Get-ClusterResource Windows PowerShell cmdlet.

EveNT ID 1564
    File share witness resource 'File Share Witness (2)' failed to arbitrate for the file share '\\Server\FileShareWitness'. Please ensure that file share '\\server\FileShareWitness' exists and is accessible by the cluster.
    EveNT ID 1205
    The Cluster service failed to bring clustered role 'Cluster Group' completely online or offline. One or more resources may be in a failed state. This may impact the availability of the clustered role.

EveNT ID 1254
    Clustered role 'Cluster Group' has exceeded its failover threshold. It has exhausted the configured number of failover attempts within the failover period of time allotted to it and will be left in a failed state. No additional attempts will be made to bring the role online or fail it over to another node in the cluster. Please check the events associated with the failure. After the issues causing the failure are resolved the role can be brought online manually or the cluster may attempt to bring it online again after the restart delay period.

:)

NarendranKandasamy1, Oct 2, 2018
  2. Brink Win User

New File Share Witness Feature in Windows Server 2019

Source: New File Share Witness Feature in Windows Server 2019 | Clustering and High-Availability

Brink, Oct 2, 2018
  3. Steve C Win User
    Need Serious Help: How To Record Video of What is Done on my PC?

I suggest the following simple steps:

1. Set the autosave options in MS Office to a low value say 5 minutes.
    2. Setup file history to autosave frequently - the shortest period is 5 mins
    3. Install Macrium Reflect Free and configure it to do a daily incremental system backup

You should be well covered if you do the above to protect your key files.

Steve C, Oct 2, 2018
  4. Cluster File share witness failed frequently

File Sharing

Hi Dwayne,

The ability to share files within your homegroup can be set based on your preference in the HomeGroup settings. For us to identify if the file sharing issue is caused by the update or an option not being retained in the HomeGroup setting, we'd like to ask
    for additional details. Please answer the following:

• Aside from installing an update, have you also made any recent changes to the HomeGroup settings?
    • What specific update have you installed before the file sharing stopped working? To check the Update history, follow these steps:
    • On the Search bar, type Settings.
    • Open the Settings app from the search result.
    • Click Update & security and check the Windows Update section.
    • Click the Update history link.
    • Have you already checked if the file and printer sharing is enabled in the
      Advanced sharing settings
      in the Control Panel?
    • What build and version of Windows 10 are you using?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried based on the threads that you've read?
    For initial troubleshooting, you can run the built-in troubleshooter for HomeGroup by following the steps below:

• On the Search bar, type Troubleshoot.
    • Open the Control Panel from the search result.
    • Click View all and locate HomeGroup.
    • Click HomeGroup and follow the on-screen guide to run the troubleshooter.
    We hope to hear from you soon.

Jennifer Cha, Oct 2, 2018
Thema:

Cluster File share witness failed frequently

1. Cluster File share witness failed frequently - Similar Threads - Cluster File share

2. WFC file share witness time out setting

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WFC file share witness time out setting: I have a 2 node cluster with a file share witness. I was upgrading the file server which required a reboot. During the reboot the cluster failed over resources which were running on node 1. I checked the cluster event log and noticed the file share witness went offline, which...
  3. WFC file share witness time out setting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WFC file share witness time out setting: I have a 2 node cluster with a file share witness. I was upgrading the file server which required a reboot. During the reboot the cluster failed over resources which were running on node 1. I checked the cluster event log and noticed the file share witness went offline, which...
  4. One File share witness or Cloud Witness for two clusters

in Windows 10 Gaming
    One File share witness or Cloud Witness for two clusters: Is it possible to use One File share witness for two separate clusters, below is the requirement:Data Center 1 Node1, Node2, WINCLUXData Center 2Node3, Node4, WINCLUYData Center 3Only one file share witness\\filesharewitness\WINCLUor One Cloud witness...
  5. One File share witness or Cloud Witness for two clusters

One File share witness or Cloud Witness for two clusters: Is it possible to use One File share witness for two separate clusters, below is the requirement:Data Center 1 Node1, Node2, WINCLUXData Center 2Node3, Node4, WINCLUYData Center 3Only one file share witness\\filesharewitness\WINCLUor One Cloud witness...
  6. Stretch Cluster - CIFS share Quota MGMT

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stretch Cluster - CIFS share Quota MGMT: **Stretch cluster 2 nodes per site - 2 physical sites in play.**cifs shares in use on the cluster.**SAN Storage assigned storage as a pool - 'sfc pool' presented to cluster and then I create shares within FCM.Trying to understand how to manage quotas on the shares for example...
  7. Stretch Cluster - CIFS share Quota MGMT

Stretch Cluster - CIFS share Quota MGMT: **Stretch cluster 2 nodes per site - 2 physical sites in play.**cifs shares in use on the cluster.**SAN Storage assigned storage as a pool - 'sfc pool' presented to cluster and then I create shares within FCM.Trying to understand how to manage quotas on the shares for example...
  8. Frequent Bluescreens, at wits end.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Frequent Bluescreens, at wits end.: Multiple Bluescreens, multiple times a day and cannot pin point issue, MEMORY_MANAGMENT, SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION, PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA, IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL are mainly the stop codes I am seeing. PC specs: WIN10 Pro i5-6500 NVIDIA GeFORCE 1060 16gig DDR4 RAM...
  9. What is File Share Witness feature in Windows Server 2019

in Windows 10 News
    What is File Share Witness feature in Windows Server 2019: [ATTACH] When a high-demanded service or website is hosted on a Server, they are usually designed such that there are multiple balancing nodes. These nodes make sure that when one node fails, there are other nodes which can take care. In [...] This post What is File Share...
  10. New File Share Witness Feature in Windows Server 2019

in Windows 10 News
    New File Share Witness Feature in Windows Server 2019: This blog discusses a new feature in the upcoming release of Windows Server 2019. Currently, Windows Insiders receive current builds of Server 2019. We urge you to become an Insider and play a part in making Windows Server 2019 the best that it can be. To do so, go to this...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Cluster File share witness failed frequently

2. how to bring failed disk witness back online

3. File share witness resource File Share Witness failed a periodic health check on file share

4. (1) Health check for file share resource,
  5. Cluster resource File Share Witness of type File Share Witness in clustered role Cluster Group failed.,
  6. failed to bring the resource file share witness online,
  7. Clustered role Cluster Group has exceeded its failover threshold,
  8. failove cluster manager node cant access file share witness,
  9. ensuring witness server is accessible by cluster,
  10. remote file share witness quroum frequent 1069 ,
  11. windows 2019 hyperv cluster file witness frequent 1205,
  12. Cluster resource File Share Witness of type File Share Witness in clustered role Cluster Group failed. Based on the failure policies for the resource and role the cluster service may try to bring the resource online on this node or move the gr,
  13. windows clustering fix file share witness failed,
  14. File Share Witness failed to arbitrate for the file share,
  15. getting event id 1562 1564 and 1069 for witness share resource