Windows 10: CMD and Powershell randomly opening and closing

Discus and support CMD and Powershell randomly opening and closing in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I was playing a game and out of nowhere my game tabbed out and cmd flashed open and closed immediately and seconds later PowerShell did the same thing.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by maxfomin2, Jan 8, 2022.

1. maxfomin2 Win User

CMD and Powershell randomly opening and closing

I was playing a game and out of nowhere my game tabbed out and cmd flashed open and closed immediately and seconds later PowerShell did the same thing. I thought nothing of it so I kept playing and then it kept happening after every game. I haven't updated anything and i haven't changed any settings so I don't know what is causing it. I played this game for a lot now and this never happenened before, I scanned my pc and no harmful files or viruses were detected please helpme out.

:)

maxfomin2, Jan 8, 2022
  2. Drone Win User
    Drone, Jan 8, 2022
  3. CMD and PowerShell

Hi Andre,

I did all items you listed.

After reboot, running CMD and powershell (admin) had the same result ("no app associated"). So I turned the feature off in taskbar settings.

Regards,

Danker

dschaareman, Jan 8, 2022
  4. CMD and Powershell randomly opening and closing

CMD and PowerShell

Hi Andre,

Done. The result: in control panel there's now an administrator account (local). Signing in to that account, and using win key+X I can run PowerShell (as admin) without a problem.

I signed out of that account and signed in to my own original administrator account: win key + X cannot run PowerShell as administrator, same notification that there's no connected application. I can get to PowerShell ISE, though, and by typing CMD in Start
    I can run the command prompt as administrator.

The only difference between the 2 accounts is that in the local administrator account I can with Win key+X run PowerShell (as admini) whereas in my own account I cannot.

[In both account in taskbar settings "replace command prompt with PowerShell:" is on.]

dschaareman, Jan 8, 2022
Thema:

CMD and Powershell randomly opening and closing

1. CMD and Powershell randomly opening and closing - Similar Threads - CMD Powershell randomly

2. CMD and Powershell instantly closes after opening it.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    CMD and Powershell instantly closes after opening it.: For I think a few years now, whenever I open CMD, Powershell or something similar, it is there for a few seconds and I can use it but then it just randomly closes.I have been looking for fixes for so long can someone please help me?...
  3. CMD and Powershell instantly closes after opening it.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    CMD and Powershell instantly closes after opening it.: For I think a few years now, whenever I open CMD, Powershell or something similar, it is there for a few seconds and I can use it but then it just randomly closes.I have been looking for fixes for so long can someone please help me?...
  4. Powershell Randomly Opening and Closing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Powershell Randomly Opening and Closing: Recently, Powershell has been randomly opening and instantly closing, which tabs me out of whatever I'm doing and sometimes restarts my browser Chrome. I have tried resetting the browser and disabing Powershell, but it still happens. Powershell isn't in the Control Panel...
  5. Powershell Randomly Opening and Closing

Powershell Randomly Opening and Closing: Recently, Powershell has been randomly opening and instantly closing, which tabs me out of whatever I'm doing and sometimes restarts my browser Chrome. I have tried resetting the browser and disabing Powershell, but it still happens. Powershell isn't in the Control Panel...
  6. CMD and Powershell randomly opening and closing

CMD and Powershell randomly opening and closing: I was playing a game and out of nowhere my game tabbed out and cmd flashed open and closed immediately and seconds later PowerShell did the same thing. I thought nothing of it so I kept playing and then it kept happening after every game. I haven't updated anything and i...
  7. CMD and Powershell randomly opening and closing

CMD and Powershell randomly opening and closing: I was playing a game and out of nowhere my game tabbed out and cmd flashed open and closed immediately and seconds later PowerShell did the same thing. I thought nothing of it so I kept playing and then it kept happening after every game. I haven't updated anything and i...
  8. CMD And PowerShell Open And Close

CMD And PowerShell Open And Close: I was playing a game and out of nowhere my game tabbed out and cmd flashed open and closed immediately and seconds later PowerShell did the same thing. I thought nothing of it so I kept playing and then it kept happening after every game. I haven't updated anything and i...
  9. CMD And PowerShell Open And Close

in Windows 10 Gaming
    CMD And PowerShell Open And Close: I was playing a game and out of nowhere my game tabbed out and cmd flashed open and closed immediately and seconds later PowerShell did the same thing. I thought nothing of it so I kept playing and then it kept happening after every game. I haven't updated anything and i...
  10. CMD And PowerShell Open And Close