Windows 10: CMD and PowerShell

Discus and support CMD and PowerShell in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi all, I run Windows 10, v 1803. Clicking Start, typing CMD, there is only "Command Prompt (desktop application)". Win key + X shows "Windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by dschaareman, Jul 4, 2018.

1. CMD and PowerShell

Hi all,

I run Windows 10, v 1803. Clicking Start, typing CMD, there is only "Command Prompt (desktop application)".

Win key + X shows "Windows PowerShell" and "Windows PowerShell (Admin)".

If after Win key+R I choose Windows PowerShell" pops up a message:

Same with the other option "Windows PowerShell (Admin)".

How to make Windows PowerShell (which seems to be a replacement of Command Prompt) functional?

:)

dschaareman, Jul 4, 2018
  2. Derek12 Win User

PowerShell instead of Commandline in Creators Update

For what I use cmd (ipconfig, ping, diskpart...) PowerShell works just fine

Derek12, Jul 4, 2018
  3. RejZoR Win User

Ok, can someone tell me the point of PowerShell replacing old CMD in right click Start menu? I wouldn't mind it if god damn syntaxes weren't totally different than in CMD.

Tried to flash my GTX 980 the other day, open the thing as admin, like before and blue window shows up. So I said, ok, they changed the color. Tried to execute the utility and it refused. Then I looked well and I see it's not CMD but PoweShell. And now I have no clue how to use the damn thing. Luckily I could dig up old CMD from Search, but it's dumb, because CMD is now digged somewhere and PowerShell is where CMD used to be.

How do you frigging use this damn thing?

RejZoR, Jul 4, 2018
  4. Kursah Win User

CMD and PowerShell

Interestingly enough my personal laptop just got the update...and still has Command Prompt listed, not PowerShell...

Edit: Not that it matters...I use both regularly. *Toast :toast:

Kursah, Jul 4, 2018
Thema:

CMD and PowerShell

1. CMD and PowerShell - Similar Threads - CMD PowerShell

2. Are Powershell same as CMD?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Are Powershell same as CMD?: seems to do the saAME https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/are-powershell-same-as-cmd/0afdbbb0-6edb-4ef2-9b64-07b63e698c55
  3. Are Powershell same as CMD?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Are Powershell same as CMD?: seems to do the saAME https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/are-powershell-same-as-cmd/0afdbbb0-6edb-4ef2-9b64-07b63e698c55
  4. Are Powershell same as CMD?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. CMD command doesn't work on PowerShell

in Windows 10 Gaming
    CMD command doesn't work on PowerShell: I'm trying to call 'cmd' inside Windows PowerShell console in order to get to work immediately with Command Prompt mode, but I got this message instead:I know I can use Command Prompt outside of PowerShell, but this is a special case.Any suggestions about how can I revert...
  6. CMD command doesn't work on PowerShell

CMD command doesn't work on PowerShell: I'm trying to call 'cmd' inside Windows PowerShell console in order to get to work immediately with Command Prompt mode, but I got this message instead:I know I can use Command Prompt outside of PowerShell, but this is a special case.Any suggestions about how can I revert...
  7. CMD command doesn't work on PowerShell

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. How to list Writable directories from CMD and Powershell?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to list Writable directories from CMD and Powershell?: Dear Members,I want to know if there is any command that can show me writable directories in CMD and Powershell. ######Just like we can use in Linux: find / -type d -writable -print Find Writable Directories find / -writable 2>/dev/null cut -d "/" -f 2 sort -u• find /...
  9. How to list Writable directories from CMD and Powershell?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to list Writable directories from CMD and Powershell?: Dear Members,I want to know if there is any command that can show me writable directories in CMD and Powershell. ######Just like we can use in Linux: find / -type d -writable -print Find Writable Directories find / -writable 2>/dev/null cut -d "/" -f 2 sort -u• find /...
  10. How to list Writable directories from CMD and Powershell?

Users found this page by searching for:

1. win X no cmd and powershell show both

2. start button show cmd and powershell both