Windows 10: CMD and PowerShell

Discus and support CMD and PowerShell in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi all, I run Windows 10, v 1803. Clicking Start, typing CMD, there is only "Command Prompt (desktop application)". Win key + X shows "Windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by dschaareman, Jul 4, 2018.

1. CMD and PowerShell

Hi all,

I run Windows 10, v 1803. Clicking Start, typing CMD, there is only "Command Prompt (desktop application)".

Win key + X shows "Windows PowerShell" and "Windows PowerShell (Admin)".

If after Win key+R I choose Windows PowerShell" pops up a message:

Same with the other option "Windows PowerShell (Admin)".

How to make Windows PowerShell (which seems to be a replacement of Command Prompt) functional?

:)

dschaareman, Jul 4, 2018
  2. Derek12 Win User

PowerShell instead of Commandline in Creators Update

For what I use cmd (ipconfig, ping, diskpart...) PowerShell works just fine

Derek12, Jul 4, 2018
  3. RejZoR Win User

Ok, can someone tell me the point of PowerShell replacing old CMD in right click Start menu? I wouldn't mind it if god damn syntaxes weren't totally different than in CMD.

Tried to flash my GTX 980 the other day, open the thing as admin, like before and blue window shows up. So I said, ok, they changed the color. Tried to execute the utility and it refused. Then I looked well and I see it's not CMD but PoweShell. And now I have no clue how to use the damn thing. Luckily I could dig up old CMD from Search, but it's dumb, because CMD is now digged somewhere and PowerShell is where CMD used to be.

How do you frigging use this damn thing?

RejZoR, Jul 4, 2018
  4. Kursah Win User

CMD and PowerShell

Interestingly enough my personal laptop just got the update...and still has Command Prompt listed, not PowerShell...

Edit: Not that it matters...I use both regularly. *Toast :toast:

Kursah, Jul 4, 2018
Thema:

CMD and PowerShell

1. CMD and PowerShell - Similar Threads - CMD PowerShell

2. Block PowerShell and CMD for standard users

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Block PowerShell and CMD for standard users: Hello,In our organization we need to restrict our users from either running scripts in PowerShell and CMD or to block them completely. However admins should be able to run scripts or open these apps after running them as administrator.We tried to use AppLocker but the apps...
  3. Block PowerShell and CMD for standard users

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Block PowerShell and CMD for standard users: Hello,In our organization we need to restrict our users from either running scripts in PowerShell and CMD or to block them completely. However admins should be able to run scripts or open these apps after running them as administrator.We tried to use AppLocker but the apps...
  4. Block PowerShell and CMD for standard users

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. How to repair the pc when resseting, installation, cmd, and powershell didn't work well?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to repair the pc when resseting, installation, cmd, and powershell didn't work well?: I tried to install my pc using an ISO file but in the middle I got an error "windows installation failed..." Then I tried to solve this problem and I found out that the cmd and windows powershell cannot work. Knowing that, I installed a powershell from Microsoft and run...
  6. How to repair the pc when resseting, installation, cmd, and powershell didn't work well?

How to repair the pc when resseting, installation, cmd, and powershell didn't work well?: I tried to install my pc using an ISO file but in the middle I got an error "windows installation failed..." Then I tried to solve this problem and I found out that the cmd and windows powershell cannot work. Knowing that, I installed a powershell from Microsoft and run...
  7. How to repair the pc when resseting, installation, cmd, and powershell didn't work well?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  8. PowerShell or CMD command to add preferred language pack Japanese in Windows Settings.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PowerShell or CMD command to add preferred language pack Japanese in Windows Settings.: Hi,I want to know if I can use PowerShell or CMD command to add a preferred language pack Japanese in Windows Settings.Thanks,Muja https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/powershell-or-cmd-command-to-add-preferred/164a6126-0030-45d5-b8ea-b42f5b057f83
  9. PowerShell or CMD command to add preferred language pack Japanese in Windows Settings.

PowerShell or CMD command to add preferred language pack Japanese in Windows Settings.: Hi,I want to know if I can use PowerShell or CMD command to add a preferred language pack Japanese in Windows Settings.Thanks,Muja https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/powershell-or-cmd-command-to-add-preferred/164a6126-0030-45d5-b8ea-b42f5b057f83
  10. Why does typing diskpart on cmd and PowerShell not continue and show what should have seen?

Why does typing diskpart on cmd and PowerShell not continue and show what should have seen?: I accidentally removed the USB stick while in a command "clean". I know it's corrupted so I tried to fix it by formatting or removing it entirely since it has no files within the USB. Tried multiple applications till I found some applications that can actually read the USB...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. win X no cmd and powershell show both

2. start button show cmd and powershell both