Windows 10: CMD and PowerShell

Discus and support CMD and PowerShell in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi all, I run Windows 10, v 1803. Clicking Start, typing CMD, there is only "Command Prompt (desktop application)". Win key + X shows "Windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by dschaareman, Jul 4, 2018.

1. CMD and PowerShell

Hi all,

I run Windows 10, v 1803. Clicking Start, typing CMD, there is only "Command Prompt (desktop application)".

Win key + X shows "Windows PowerShell" and "Windows PowerShell (Admin)".

If after Win key+R I choose Windows PowerShell" pops up a message:

Same with the other option "Windows PowerShell (Admin)".

How to make Windows PowerShell (which seems to be a replacement of Command Prompt) functional?

:)

dschaareman, Jul 4, 2018
  2. Derek12 Win User

PowerShell instead of Commandline in Creators Update

For what I use cmd (ipconfig, ping, diskpart...) PowerShell works just fine

Derek12, Jul 4, 2018
  3. RejZoR Win User

Ok, can someone tell me the point of PowerShell replacing old CMD in right click Start menu? I wouldn't mind it if god damn syntaxes weren't totally different than in CMD.

Tried to flash my GTX 980 the other day, open the thing as admin, like before and blue window shows up. So I said, ok, they changed the color. Tried to execute the utility and it refused. Then I looked well and I see it's not CMD but PoweShell. And now I have no clue how to use the damn thing. Luckily I could dig up old CMD from Search, but it's dumb, because CMD is now digged somewhere and PowerShell is where CMD used to be.

How do you frigging use this damn thing?

RejZoR, Jul 4, 2018
  4. Kursah Win User

CMD and PowerShell

Interestingly enough my personal laptop just got the update...and still has Command Prompt listed, not PowerShell...

Edit: Not that it matters...I use both regularly. *Toast :toast:

Kursah, Jul 4, 2018
Thema:

CMD and PowerShell

1. CMD and PowerShell - Similar Threads - CMD PowerShell

2. Why does typing diskpart on cmd and PowerShell not continue and show what should have seen?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does typing diskpart on cmd and PowerShell not continue and show what should have seen?: I accidentally removed the USB stick while in a command "clean". I know it's corrupted so I tried to fix it by formatting or removing it entirely since it has no files within the USB. Tried multiple applications till I found some applications that can actually read the USB...
  3. Why does typing diskpart on cmd and PowerShell not continue and show what should have seen?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why does typing diskpart on cmd and PowerShell not continue and show what should have seen?: I accidentally removed the USB stick while in a command "clean". I know it's corrupted so I tried to fix it by formatting or removing it entirely since it has no files within the USB. Tried multiple applications till I found some applications that can actually read the USB...
  4. How to Restart WSL using PowerShell, CMD, Task Manager

in Windows 10 News
    How to Restart WSL using PowerShell, CMD, Task Manager: [IMG]WSL or Windows Subsystem Linux is a built-in feature that helps run a Linux environment on a Windows 10/11 machine without using any dual-boot setup or virtual machine. Restarting WSL can be a convenient and time-efficient way to reboot or reinitialize the Linux instance...
  5. Powershell/CMD Exit Code 3221225794

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Powershell/CMD Exit Code 3221225794: We have an file transfer automation application where it can run different applications if needed i.e. WinSCP, PSFTP.exe Putty, Winzip, etc. We use a lot Powershell in some of the file transfer processes. We have one new file transfer process that needs to transfer a large...
  6. Powershell/CMD Exit Code 3221225794

Powershell/CMD Exit Code 3221225794: We have an file transfer automation application where it can run different applications if needed i.e. WinSCP, PSFTP.exe Putty, Winzip, etc. We use a lot Powershell in some of the file transfer processes. We have one new file transfer process that needs to transfer a large...
  7. Enable Tamper Protection Using PowerShel or CMD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Enable Tamper Protection Using PowerShel or CMD: How to activate Tamper Protection using Powershell or Command Line? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/enable-tamper-protection-using-powershel-or-cmd/bf2364f0-d0e7-4806-aca7-5cd860fe4bf7
  8. Enable Tamper Protection Using PowerShel or CMD

Enable Tamper Protection Using PowerShel or CMD: How to activate Tamper Protection using Powershell or Command Line? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/enable-tamper-protection-using-powershel-or-cmd/bf2364f0-d0e7-4806-aca7-5cd860fe4bf7
  9. Enable Tamper Protection Using PowerShel or CMD

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  10. Cmd and windows Powershell pop and closes when plug the pc to charge. How to solve this,...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cmd and windows Powershell pop and closes when plug the pc to charge. How to solve this,...: As I stated above, cmd and windows PowerShell opens and closes in less than a second. This only happens for the first time after I boot the pc, from this I mean that when I start the pc, only the first time I plug it in the charger cmd and powershell pops and after that no...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. win X no cmd and powershell show both

2. start button show cmd and powershell both