Windows 10: CMD as Administrator

Discus and support CMD as Administrator in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; After my latest Windows Update, I had many issues with my HD settings and some software that no longer functioned. One particular application would not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by PaulB2020, Dec 12, 2019.

1. PaulB2020 Win User

CMD as Administrator

After my latest Windows Update, I had many issues with my HD settings and some software that no longer functioned. One particular application would not work and notified me that my Windows "Shadow" file was full. I attempted to fix this but found I could not get CMD with Administrator privileges. All the areas that showed this as an option would not get enabled. All of the On-Line advice was all out-of-date. I am running Win10: 10.0.18363 Build 18363

:)

PaulB2020, Dec 12, 2019
  2. angus Win User

Settings can't be opened using the built-in administrator account

Hello,
    Unfortunately I have the same issue as Dabz from upgrading win7 to win10.
    I've tried opening settings using all the suggested methods and it will not load using my account with Administrator access nor the built-in Administrator profile. I also tried other methods not listed such as using Run. Control panel is just a stepping stone to add users in Settings.
    I'm also having explorer.exe issues, which I believe is preventing Settings from loading.
    Using cmd (Admin) I successfully created a new user profile [and granted admin access also using cmd (Admin)], however win10 will not allow this account to log on. win10 does not list this new user within control panel but it does in the start menu. win10 will not allow to log in or switch to the new account via the start menu either.
    I can access settings in Safe Mode but this will not allow me to create a new account.
    Any help/suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
    Cheers

angus, Dec 12, 2019
  3. Marby Rey Win User
    no administrator permission

Hi Ryan,

Let us assist you to have an Administrator permission. To start, follow the steps below to enable the Windows Super Administrator Account.

• Type CMD on the search box.
    • CMD will appear at top.
    • Right click on it, then choose Run as administrator.
    • Type this command & hit Enter: Net user administrator /active:yes.
    • After you enable the Super Administrator account, log out on your existing account then log into Super Administrator account.
    • On the Super Administrator account, you can now create an Administrator account or give Administrator permission on the existing account.

After you created an Administrator account, we suggest that you disable the Super Administrator account by following the same steps and using this command:
    Net user administrator /active:no.

Let us know how it goes.

Marby Rey, Dec 12, 2019
  4. Ember Win User

CMD as Administrator

SLI with different cards

@tal5352
    follow readme.txt to step 8

instead of right click -> running Install.bat as administrator do the following:

start cmd as Administrator from Start->Run
    cd to DifferentSLI folder
    run Install.bat from the cmd prompt you started

resume at step 9

Ember, Dec 12, 2019
Thema:

CMD as Administrator

1. CMD as Administrator - Similar Threads - CMD Administrator

2. Administrator account deleted and all windows access denied like,cmd , control panel and c...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Administrator account deleted and all windows access denied like,cmd , control panel and c...: Please help me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/administrator-account-deleted-and-all-windows/bac5ca3e-b800-4d99-8808-27e5cfc04934
  3. Administrator account deleted and all windows access denied like,cmd , control panel and c...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Administrator account deleted and all windows access denied like,cmd , control panel and c...: Please help me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/administrator-account-deleted-and-all-windows/bac5ca3e-b800-4d99-8808-27e5cfc04934
  4. can't run CMD as administrator?

can't run CMD as administrator?: can't run CMD as administrator?missing msdmo.dll filekeep getting the error "a file associated with this cannot be found" or "device associated............etc"...
  5. can't run CMD as administrator?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    can't run CMD as administrator?: can't run CMD as administrator?missing msdmo.dll filekeep getting the error "a file associated with this cannot be found" or "device associated............etc"...
  6. can't run CMD as administrator?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. I have lost all my access to administrative services such as cmd, task manager I can’t even...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have lost all my access to administrative services such as cmd, task manager I can’t even...: I have lost all my access to administrative services such as cmd, task manager I can’t even factory reset my computer. Anyone who knows what I can do?...
  8. I have lost all my access to administrative services such as cmd, task manager I can’t even...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    I have lost all my access to administrative services such as cmd, task manager I can’t even...: I have lost all my access to administrative services such as cmd, task manager I can’t even factory reset my computer. Anyone who knows what I can do?...
  9. I have lost all my access to administrative services such as cmd, task manager I can’t even...

10. Hey i am also on a school laptop as administrator using cmd but my app settings are locked...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Hey i am also on a school laptop as administrator using cmd but my app settings are locked...: the question is the title https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hey-i-am-also-on-a-school-laptop-as-administrator/ad9be3ac-6864-47ad-b4fa-334d306bd63c

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows update command line in windows 10

2. how to elevate your cmd as an administrator server 2019

3. how to get administrator rights in command prompt in win 10 1909