Windows 10: CMD, AutoRun and Unity

Discus and support CMD, AutoRun and Unity in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello everyone, I had an issue where when I open cmd nothing popped up, usually there are a few lines and then I can start typing. This time when I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by EmreF, Oct 22, 2020.

1. EmreF Win User

CMD, AutoRun and Unity

Hello everyone,

I had an issue where when I open cmd nothing popped up, usually there are a few lines and then I can start typing. This time when I open it I just get a black screen. I foundon this forum that I can add "AutoRun" in the Registry Editor to fix it, and it really does fix it.

Weeks later, I have downloaded Unity and I am trying to learn how to use Unity and program in C#. When I try to compile in Unity I get this error "Microsoft R Visual C# Compiler version 2.9.1.65535 9d34608e Copyright C Microsoft Corporation."

On this forum, it says that error can be fixed by removing AutoRun in the Registry Editor. I tried it, when I remove the AutoRun it really does fix it. But now, when I open my cmd I just get a blank/black screen where I can't type anything.

I want to mention that I had this blank-cmd problem only after I have downloadedVisual Studio Code, in there I initially had an issue where I wanted the cmd to pop up whenever I ran my program, instead of the built-in terminal. I tweaked with a bunch of stuff inside my computer to have it fixed, I don't remember what I did but that might've caused a problem too I imagine.

Does anybody know what is going on here? I don't understand what is the registry editor or what is the autorun doing, is there any solution where both Unity and Visual Studio code will work together?

:)

EmreF, Oct 22, 2020
  2. Pavan_N Win User

unable to play games Unity Web Player error.

Hi Daryl,

As an initial troubleshooting step I would suggest you to uninstall and reinstall Unity Web Player from Programs and features and check the status of the issue.

To uninstall programs, go to Settings.

• On the Start menu, then select Settings.
    • Select System > Apps & features.
    • Select the program, then select Uninstall. Some apps that are built in to Windows can’t be uninstalled.
    • Follow the directions on the screen.
    As you have clearly described that the issue is with Unity Web Player not with game or browser and Unity Web Player is not developed by Microsoft. I suggest you to contact
    Unity Web Player Support. Thank you.

Pavan_N, Oct 22, 2020
  3. Windows 10 Autorun?

Hello,

As you are asking whether the security of disabling Autorun/Autoplay option from system settings is the same as disabling from the registry and will take affect in the same way. There is no need to worry about virus threats which usually attack from autorun/autoplay.
    If you want to disable autorun/autoplay from registry, follow the steps provided below:

• Type regedit in the search box and press Enter.
    • Navigate to the following location: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer
    • In the right pane of the window create a new DWORD value "NoDriveTypeAutorun".
    • Set the value based on the following requirements:
      • FF – To disable AutoRun on all drives
      • 20 – To disable AutoRun on CD-ROM drives
      • 4 – To disable AutoRun on removable drives
      • 8 – To disable AutoRun on fixed drives
      • 10 – To disable AutoRun on network drives
      • 40 – To disable AutoRun on RAM disks
      • 1 – To disable AutoRun on unknown drives
    • If you want to disable AutoRun on a certain combination of drives, you’ll have to combine their values. For example, if you want to disable AutoRun on CD-ROM and removable drives, set the value of DWORD to 28.
    • If you want to return AutoRun functionality, just delete the NoDriveTypeAutorun DWORD value.

Note: This section, method, or task contains steps that tell you how to modify the registry. However, serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Therefore,
    make sure that you follow these steps carefully. For added protection, back up the registry before you modify it. Then, you can restore the registry if a problem occurs. For more information about how to back up and restore the registry, click the following
    article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:

322756 (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/322756/ )

How to back up and restore the registry in Windows

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Oct 22, 2020
  4. newtekie1 Win User

CMD, AutoRun and Unity

How can I remove this virus remnant?

I was also going to suggest Autoruns.

Check to make sure it isn't attaching itself to explorer. It should be the 3rd thing listed in Autoruns, the listing for the Shell. It should just be Explorer.exe. If it is anything else, that might be your problem.

newtekie1, Oct 22, 2020
Thema:

CMD, AutoRun and Unity

1. CMD, AutoRun and Unity - Similar Threads - CMD AutoRun Unity

2. AUTORUN

in Windows 10 Gaming
    AUTORUN: HiWhat is this for found in my downloaded areaThank youTIMMY 2 TOES https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/autorun/3e7ac7b4-73d9-4033-abfe-b20cef58bae4
  3. AUTORUN

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    AUTORUN: HiWhat is this for found in my downloaded areaThank youTIMMY 2 TOES https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/autorun/3e7ac7b4-73d9-4033-abfe-b20cef58bae4
  4. AUTORUN

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Autorun iso

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Autorun iso: HiI've several retro games in iso files, but when I open those iso files, they open as a directory, without any option of autorun, which is pretty annoying.Is it possible to enable autorun for these iso files? There is an autorun.inf file in the iso, but it doesn't seem to...
  6. Autorun iso

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Autorun iso: HiI've several retro games in iso files, but when I open those iso files, they open as a directory, without any option of autorun, which is pretty annoying.Is it possible to enable autorun for these iso files? There is an autorun.inf file in the iso, but it doesn't seem to...
  7. Autorun?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Autorun?: Just wandering if auto run still works and if so am I able to use it to start a batch file on a USB when it is inserted https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/autorun/39c572c3-1420-4594-b3f7-49d49f9c0f60
  8. Autoruns?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Autoruns?: Does disabling a service in Autoruns prevent that service from ever running again or only during startup and until the service is launched manually? Never fully understood this. 139122
  9. Autorun

in Windows 10 Customization
    Autorun: How do you turn on Autorun in Windows 10? When I insert a CD or DVD in its drive, nothing happens. Shouldn't I get some kind of Autorun screen? Thanks. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/autorun/b3458f60-1812-48ff-8c04-8a232a62c933
  10. USB autorun

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB autorun: I have a freshly installed Win10 - now upgraded to v1607 - that shows the contents of USB sticks (in a USB3 socket) when the stick is inserted - THAT is what I want. I also have Win10 upgrade from Win7 - still at v1511 because the v1607 crippled it according to a Microsoft...