Windows 10: Cmd closes after open

Discus and support Cmd closes after open in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello, I installed some program which edited my regedit. As a result there is some cmd starting and closing after every startup and I can't open new... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by ArturKulig, Jan 2, 2020.

1. Cmd closes after open

Hello,

I installed some program which edited my regedit. As a result there is some cmd starting and closing after every startup and I can't open new cmd because it closes immediately, only powershell works.

I found in history that my AutoRun value in HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Command Processor might have been edited.
    Now it looks like that

@mode 20,5 & tasklist /FI "IMAGENAME eq SoundModule.exe" 2>NUL find /I /N "SoundModule.exe">NUL && exit & if exist
    "C:\Users\User\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\SoundModule\SoundModule.exe" start /MIN "" "C:\Users\User\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\SoundModule\SoundModule.exe" & tasklist /FI "IMAGENAME eq explorer.exe" 2>NUL find /I /N "explorer.exe">NUL && exit & explorer.exe & exit else tasklist /FI "IMAGENAME eq explorer.exe" 2>NUL find /I /N "explorer.exe">NUL && exit & explorer.exe & exit

I can't find a solution to repair it.

:)

ArturKulig, Jan 2, 2020
  2. JosephB. Win User

2 CMD Screen Open and close after Windows 10 Clean Install

Hello,

Sorry for my english. After clean install windows 10 on my USB and after few PC open(still clean I can't install anything.), just for 1 time I see 2 CMD black and empty screen at startup. It close very fast and I can't see anything. If I create new user,
    I see that screens when open new user too. Virus check and nothing. Please help me.

Step by step:

Clear HDD with format c: /fs:NTFS /p:2

Install Windows 10 Home

Installation Complated

Connect WİFİ

Windows 10 Install Automatically Nvidia Driver

Restart PC

Nothing everything normal

Close PC and Open again

Nothing everything normal (sometimes)

Again Close PC and Open again

2 CMD open and close very fast

sometimes this happen after few PC open and close. But I just see this only 1 time. Not every start.

JosephB., Jan 2, 2020
  3. angus Win User
    Settings can't be opened using the built-in administrator account

Hello,
    Unfortunately I have the same issue as Dabz from upgrading win7 to win10.
    I've tried opening settings using all the suggested methods and it will not load using my account with Administrator access nor the built-in Administrator profile. I also tried other methods not listed such as using Run. Control panel is just a stepping stone to add users in Settings.
    I'm also having explorer.exe issues, which I believe is preventing Settings from loading.
    Using cmd (Admin) I successfully created a new user profile [and granted admin access also using cmd (Admin)], however win10 will not allow this account to log on. win10 does not list this new user within control panel but it does in the start menu. win10 will not allow to log in or switch to the new account via the start menu either.
    I can access settings in Safe Mode but this will not allow me to create a new account.
    Any help/suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
    Cheers

angus, Jan 2, 2020
  4. Yaqub K Win User

Cmd closes after open

After installing windows 10 Start menu keeps opening and closing.

Hi,

Please follow the suggestions mentioned below:

• Open the Task manager. Here’s a tip: Press CTRL+Shift+ESC.
    • Click File > Run New Task
    • Make sure you have a check mark beside “Create this task with administrative privileges”
    • Type CMD
    • Type the following 2 commands at the Command Prompt:
    dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth

sfc /scannow

6. Close the CMD window.

Hope it helps.

Yaqub K, Jan 2, 2020
Thema:

Cmd closes after open

1. Cmd closes after open - Similar Threads - Cmd closes open

2. CMD and PowerShell Closing after a couple of seconds, CMD and Powershell closing.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    CMD and PowerShell Closing after a couple of seconds, CMD and Powershell closing.: My Laptop is fine i didnt download any viruses, Didnt mess with system files nor modify it. After a normal restart, A message that pops up for half a second saying "This app wont work on this computer" Or something like that The messages appears and disappears too fast its...
  3. CMD and Powershell instantly closes after opening it.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    CMD and Powershell instantly closes after opening it.: For I think a few years now, whenever I open CMD, Powershell or something similar, it is there for a few seconds and I can use it but then it just randomly closes.I have been looking for fixes for so long can someone please help me?...
  4. CMD and Powershell instantly closes after opening it.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    CMD and Powershell instantly closes after opening it.: For I think a few years now, whenever I open CMD, Powershell or something similar, it is there for a few seconds and I can use it but then it just randomly closes.I have been looking for fixes for so long can someone please help me?...
  5. CMD and Powershell instantly closes after opening it.

6. CMD And PowerShell Open And Close

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    CMD And PowerShell Open And Close: I was playing a game and out of nowhere my game tabbed out and cmd flashed open and closed immediately and seconds later PowerShell did the same thing. I thought nothing of it so I kept playing and then it kept happening after every game. I haven't updated anything and i...
  7. CMD And PowerShell Open And Close

in Windows 10 Gaming
    CMD And PowerShell Open And Close: I was playing a game and out of nowhere my game tabbed out and cmd flashed open and closed immediately and seconds later PowerShell did the same thing. I thought nothing of it so I kept playing and then it kept happening after every game. I haven't updated anything and i...
  8. CMD And PowerShell Open And Close

9. Cmd opens and closes on strarup

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Cmd opens and closes on strarup: Whenever I boot my windows, a bunch of cmd prompts just start and closes before my desktop is visible. Its too fast to see any cmd which might be running. Also I cannot open the cmd prompt while working normally (it starts and then just kills itself). Is this a virus...I have...
  10. CMD window closing as soon as opened

in Windows 10 Support
    CMD window closing as soon as opened: This just started about two weeks ago. As soon as use the CMD command the window closes right away. Doing some research, I think possibly it occurred after my computer got infected with a miner. My antivirus killed it right away and dozens of full scans indicate I am virus...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. cmd starting and closing again unable to start cmd as admin

2. after starting windows 10 cmd is opening n immediately closing