Windows 10: CMD command doesn't work on PowerShell

Discus and support CMD command doesn't work on PowerShell in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I'm trying to call 'cmd' inside Windows PowerShell console in order to get to work immediately with Command Prompt mode, but I got this message... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by OR_V, Aug 5, 2022.

1. OR_V Win User

CMD command doesn't work on PowerShell

I'm trying to call 'cmd' inside Windows PowerShell console in order to get to work immediately with Command Prompt mode, but I got this message instead:I know I can use Command Prompt outside of PowerShell, but this is a special case.Any suggestions about how can I revert this?Thank you.

:)

OR_V, Aug 5, 2022
  2. BetoLP Win User

Windows doesn`t start. Authomatic repair doesn`t work.

Thanks again!!

I`m sorry I had not noticed that the text on the picture was in spanish. It says that windows has replaced some damaged clusters in "name" file and "directory". Then, at the end "an unspecified error occurred (75736e6a726e6c2e 4f6)".

I`ll do it and I`ll be updating this thread when I have the report.

- - - Updated - - -

I ran SeaTools. These are the results:

CMD command doesn't work on PowerShell [​IMG]

Does it mean my HDD is useless?

BetoLP, Aug 5, 2022
  3. tcebob Win User
    Can't run command in PowerShell but OK in Cmd

I tried the suggested command and it does work manually in Power Shell. But Task Scheduler chokes on it.

CMD command doesn't work on PowerShell [​IMG]

If i say "Yes" it breaks up the command string to "%C:\program" with the rest of the command as an argument.

tcebob, Aug 5, 2022
  4. wiens Win User

Not all command lines of CMD are working in Powershell

Since Powershell is the main command tool in Windows 10 Insider build 14971.1000 and the CMD has gone in the background I am missing some command lines from "HELP", like "SET" in the Powershell. The HELP command in Powershell is also not working. So as
    said, not all the command lines are not working in PowerShell. Also specific information about the command using for "COPY /?" for more information about the command line etc is also not working in Powershell. I will miss these when Powershell will be the
    only command tool.

wiens, Aug 5, 2022
Thema:

1. CMD command doesn't work on PowerShell - Similar Threads - CMD command doesn't

2. CMD command doesn't work on PowerShell

in Windows 10 Gaming
    CMD command doesn't work on PowerShell: I'm trying to call 'cmd' inside Windows PowerShell console in order to get to work immediately with Command Prompt mode, but I got this message instead:I know I can use Command Prompt outside of PowerShell, but this is a special case.Any suggestions about how can I revert...
  3. CMD command doesn't work on PowerShell

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    CMD command doesn't work on PowerShell: I'm trying to call 'cmd' inside Windows PowerShell console in order to get to work immediately with Command Prompt mode, but I got this message instead:I know I can use Command Prompt outside of PowerShell, but this is a special case.Any suggestions about how can I revert...
  4. Most windows executable commands not recognized by CMD and PowerShell.

Most windows executable commands not recognized by CMD and PowerShell.: Out of nowhere commands which involve executables like explorer.exe, msedge.exe, mspaint.exe, where, etc. are not working in command prompt or PowerShell. The output of the command prompt seem to be quite simple: ```C:\Users\grass>where 'where' is not recognized as an...
  5. Can't run almost any commands in cmd/powershell

Can't run almost any commands in cmd/powershell: Basically, adb : The term 'adb' is not recognized as the name of a cmdlet, function, script file, or operable program. Check the spelling of the name, or if a path was included, verify that the path is correct and try again. At line:1 char:1 + adb + ~~~ + CategoryInfo :...
  6. Open Cmd via PowerShell, command?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Open Cmd via PowerShell, command?: Please i need to open cmd win + r and so i know i need to know how to open it via powershell pls (.bat and so i know it needs to be opened via powershell. Pls PowerShell command to open cmd? Cmd über PowerShell öffnen, Befehl?
  7. Powershell mkdir command doesn't work on Documents system file

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Powershell mkdir command doesn't work on Documents system file: Of course, I can normally create a folder on Documents, but when I try to use the mkdir command on Documents, it doesn't work. It's like it doesn't exist. Even though I can type in the path and open files on Documents on powershell. But when I use mkdir on Desktop, it doesn't...
  8. Cmd doesn't recognize 'Powershell' as an command in newer Windows version (same with...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Cmd doesn't recognize 'Powershell' as an command in newer Windows version (same with...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/i_hate_patrice [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/e24hcj/cmd_doesnt_recognize_powershell_as_an_command_in/
  9. 10 CMD commands that can be executed with PowerShell

in Windows 10 News
    10 CMD commands that can be executed with PowerShell: [ATTACH] PowerShell is Microsoft’s own alternative to their own Command Prompt. Earlier, Microsoft announced that they will be open sourcing PowerShell and will be bringing it to recent versions and different Linux flavors like Ubuntu, CentOS, Red Hat Enterprise Linux,...
  10. Can't run command in PowerShell but OK in Cmd

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't run command in PowerShell but OK in Cmd: [img] [img] The screen shots show results of running Code: "C:\Program Files\AVAST Software\Avast\ashCmd.exe" /@=Quick[/quote] in both PS and Cmd. The problem is I have made a task in Task Scheduler to run this command daily and, apparently, Task Scheduler insists on...