Windows 10: CMD crashes if i use Ctrl or Shift.

Discus and support CMD crashes if i use Ctrl or Shift. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; CMD works fine if i only use lowercase letters. If i try to use uppercase letters using Shift or CapsLK, CMD does not respond and just crashes(PC does... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by SanjidHasan, Feb 7, 2019.

1. CMD crashes if i use Ctrl or Shift.

CMD works fine if i only use lowercase letters. If i try to use uppercase letters using Shift or CapsLK, CMD does not respond and just crashes(PC does not crash). Due to this problems, i tried using other buttons while typing in CMD and usage of Ctrl,Alt,Tab also crashes CMD. Please help.

:)

SanjidHasan, Feb 7, 2019

2. Resize and rearrange desktop icons with ctrl+shift+(1-0)

To change your desktop icons from vertical to horizontal, follow the steps below:

• Right-click on your desktop.
    • Select small icons.

Once done, try to change again the size and display of your desktop icons using the
    Ctrl+shift+(1-0) mode and check if the same issue persists.

Let us know how it goes.

Acelyn Alc, Feb 7, 2019
  3. wrecche Win User
    Windows 10 KB4467682 changes, ctrl+shift+e ?

Hi Muralidhar,

I performed the steps as you provided, and the option was already set to off. Toggling it to ensure the setting has stuck, did not resolve the problem. HotKeyList still shows

Ctrl+Shift+E

Ctrl+Shift+Q

Ctrl+Shift+W

as new;y added hotkeys that seemingly serve no purpose other than to take control over those combinations. Only Ctrl+Shift+E is what I am concerned about.

I wish there was a way to determine exactly what application or service had the need for these keys.

Thanks again, but so far no luck.

wrecche, Feb 7, 2019
  4. TryphonX Win User

CMD crashes if i use Ctrl or Shift.

Ctrl+Shift+S

I am not talking about Microsoft or Office apps, I have problem with every app that uses Ctrl + Shift + S (example: Notepad ++ in which I had changed the "Save As..." to Ctrl + Shift + S).

TryphonX, Feb 7, 2019
Thema:

CMD crashes if i use Ctrl or Shift.

1. CMD crashes if i use Ctrl or Shift. - Similar Threads - CMD crashes Ctrl

2. `ctrl+shift+w` in browser

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    `ctrl+shift+w` in browser: Many times, I accidentally press `ctrl+shift+w` in browser and all my open tabs and work goes away in the browser. Is there any undo option for this ? if not then how can I disable this shortcut ?...
  3. Ctrl+Shift Keystrokes Not Working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ctrl+Shift Keystrokes Not Working: I am having issues with the Ctrl+Shift keystrokes on my Windows 10 system. I've tried changing my typing settings, I've tried updating my sysytem, I've tried looking for drivers, I've tried looking at my hotkey settings, and nothing seems to work. This just suddenly happened...
  4. Keyboard combination ctrl + shift can't be use

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard combination ctrl + shift can't be use: Hi microsoft team, my laptop keyboard can't use the ctrl + shift combination anymore now, even though the keys on my keyboard all work normally individually. Is this problem with my software or hardware? Right now i'm using Windows 10 Pro Regards...
  5. Keyboard combination ctrl + shift can't be use

Keyboard combination ctrl + shift can't be use: Hi microsoft team, my laptop keyboard can't use the ctrl + shift combination anymore now, even though the keys on my keyboard all work normally individually. Is this problem with my software or hardware? Right now i'm using Windows 10 Pro Regards...
  6. Keyboard combination ctrl + shift can't be use

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. ctrl and shift key are not responding

ctrl and shift key are not responding: No matter I press it, it will not respond on my desktop. I tried to use it on different device, and it works fine. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ctrl-and-shift-key-are-not-responding/bec2272c-8a84-45d9-8e9a-bbe579a7303c
  8. ctrl + shift + enter not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    ctrl + shift + enter not working: I updated Win10 Pro today, and now ctrl+shift+enter does not open the application as admin.For example: I press the start key, type cmd then press ctrl+shift+enter and nothing happens. This affects all apps I try to launch using this method. It doesn't even launch the app...
  9. ctrl + shift + enter not working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    ctrl + shift + enter not working: I updated Win10 Pro today, and now ctrl+shift+enter does not open the application as admin.For example: I press the start key, type cmd then press ctrl+shift+enter and nothing happens. This affects all apps I try to launch using this method. It doesn't even launch the app...
  10. Ctrl+Shift+Entre

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Ctrl+Shift+Entre: Hi, I recently bought a refurb desktop PC which runs Win 10. I also have a wireless keyboard and mouse. It all has seemed fine. I so far have not loaded MSOffice because I can use my work desktop through VM ware. All has seemed fine However I do a lot of excel work and...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. cmd pc crash