Windows 10: CMD default opening size is tiny

Discus and support CMD default opening size is tiny in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hey all When I try open my command prompt it opens up very small, see for reference: [ATTACH] I have gone into the command prompt's default... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Weebus95, Jun 9, 2020.

1. Weebus95 Win User

CMD default opening size is tiny

Hey all

When I try open my command prompt it opens up very small, see for reference:

CMD default opening size is tiny d2de1eee-8d7f-4d39-bfd2-24c24781025a?upload=true.png

I have gone into the command prompt's default properties and changed the dimensions to what I want it to open to but it still opens up as a tiny box. This is doubly frustrating as I am attempting to learn C# and whenever I go to test my code it opens up in this small box and the majority of it is cut off. Any help would be appreciated, cheers.

:)

Weebus95, Jun 9, 2020

2. Change How Folders Open By Default (My laptop keeps using CMD)

Hi,

Sorry for the delayed response. I suggest you to set File Explorer as the Default program and check if that helps. To do this, refer the steps given below.

• Open Control Panel.
    • Search for Default Programs.
    • Go to Default Programs.
    • Look for File Explorer towards the left pane and select it.
    • Set this as default program and apply changes.
    • Check if the issue persists.

Hope this helps.

Arvind Ram, Jun 9, 2020
  3. kormath Win User
    Lost default photo viewer after profile rebuild

Thanks Brink. I've tried those steps before i started searching Google. After the profile rebuild i don't have the Photo app listed to choose to make it default in either the system settings for default apps or the Open With option.

I can't even find it doing a search. Seems to have been removed somehow with the profile rebuild, which doesn't make sense.

Might be helpful to list what i've done CMD default opening size is tiny :) I've done the open with check, the choose default program in the system menu, tried that in device manager default programs also. I've checked the programs and features Turn windows features on/off and it's not listed there (never thought it was but that was a suggestion), searched the MS Store, it's not listed there either.

I don't like playing in the registry unless i have defined steps and haven't found anything for this yet, just the Win7 version like in my OP.

kormath, Jun 9, 2020
  4. CMD default opening size is tiny

Changing Default Browser with Windows 10

Hi Claudia,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

We understand how you feel about the situation. We're sorry for the trouble.

1) What does it mean when you say "select Default Apps it doesn't do a thing"? Is it inaccessible or when you try to set any app as default it's not applying any changes?

I suggest you to perform the below steps and check if it helps.

• Open an Administrator CMD window. If you can’t find a way, use these steps:

• Press CTRL+Shift+ESC to open Task Manager.

• Click File > Run New Task

• Make sure you have a check mark beside “Create this task with administrative privileges”

• Type CMD

• Type the following commands at the CMD prompt:

dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth

sfc /scannnow

If the issue still persists, you can reset the recommend windows settings and check.

Hope this helps. Please reply to us with the status of the issue.

Thanks.

Anil Madishetty, Jun 9, 2020
Thema:

CMD default opening size is tiny

1. CMD default opening size is tiny - Similar Threads - CMD default opening

2. CMD not opening

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    CMD not opening: I am not able to open CMD, i have tried multiple fixes online but nothing really workedI am running on Windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cmd-not-opening/fc3d4904-0d2d-4f26-8b4c-d66593d49207
  3. CMD not opening

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    CMD not opening: I am not able to open CMD, i have tried multiple fixes online but nothing really workedI am running on Windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cmd-not-opening/fc3d4904-0d2d-4f26-8b4c-d66593d49207
  4. cmd default setting's

in Windows 10 Gaming
    cmd default setting's: i messed with my cmd settings and I want to get them back to how they were before I messed with themDoes anyone have a way to get back the defaults and if not can I get screenshots of anyone settings for cmd who have not changed it the windows defaults ie these settings...
  5. cmd default setting's

cmd default setting's: i messed with my cmd settings and I want to get them back to how they were before I messed with themDoes anyone have a way to get back the defaults and if not can I get screenshots of anyone settings for cmd who have not changed it the windows defaults ie these settings...
  6. CMD NOT OPENING

in Windows 10 Customization
    CMD NOT OPENING: So im trying to opn my cmd but everytime it opens it closes within 3 seconds...i tried to create a new environment path...didnt worked. tried sfc /scannow in powershell..didnt found any missing files....what should i do then?...
  7. Tiny font size in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Tiny font size in Windows 10: How can I increase the size of Windows 10 fonts. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/tiny-font-size-in-windows-10/11781702-a431-4da8-ab24-25111dcbc9b7
  8. Font size tiny in Apps

Font size tiny in Apps: Hi, Do we have a fix for this problem in windows 190 yet? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/font-size-tiny-in-apps/19710069-f8de-48db-93a6-697afc662673
  9. Pinned folders in taskbar opens CMD in default?

in Windows 10 Support
    Pinned folders in taskbar opens CMD in default?: When I left click the folders in taskbar, for example, "Downloads" from the Library then the CMD shows up for half a second and disappears, it's fine when I double click the folders from the Windows Explorer window itself, but not in taskbar. Any ideas? 109404
  10. Change default size of newly opened windows?

in Windows 10 Support
    Change default size of newly opened windows?: I was wondering if theres a way to change how and where new apps open? Say i open a new window of My Computer, it automatically opens in a small box in the left side of my screen. I would prefer it automatically open taking up half of the display. Is this possible? 39741

Users found this page by searching for:

1. deafult size cmd panel