Windows 10: cmd default setting's

Discus and support cmd default setting's in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; i messed with my cmd settings and I want to get them back to how they were before I messed with themDoes anyone have a way to get back the defaults and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by IzakVan Heerden, Oct 17, 2021.

1. cmd default setting's

i messed with my cmd settings and I want to get them back to how they were before I messed with themDoes anyone have a way to get back the defaults and if not can I get screenshots of anyone settings for cmd who have not changed it the windows defaults ie these settings

:)

IzakVan Heerden, Oct 17, 2021

2. Change How Folders Open By Default (My laptop keeps using CMD)

Hi,

Sorry for the delayed response. I suggest you to set File Explorer as the Default program and check if that helps. To do this, refer the steps given below.

• Open Control Panel.
    • Search for Default Programs.
    • Go to Default Programs.
    • Look for File Explorer towards the left pane and select it.
    • Set this as default program and apply changes.
    • Check if the issue persists.

Hope this helps.

Arvind Ram, Oct 17, 2021
  3. Unable to set default browser

• Does this issue happens while you try to set other browser as default too or is it specific to specific browser?

Any browser.

Already did the steps you suggested. It's some kind of bug where it's impossible to set a default browser at all.

I heard elsewhere from one other user
    that it seems to be a problem with upgrading to 10 on the SP3. Sounds very specifc.

guustavooo, Oct 17, 2021
  4. kormath Win User

cmd default setting's

Lost default photo viewer after profile rebuild

Thanks Brink. I've tried those steps before i started searching Google. After the profile rebuild i don't have the Photo app listed to choose to make it default in either the system settings for default apps or the Open With option.

I can't even find it doing a search. Seems to have been removed somehow with the profile rebuild, which doesn't make sense.

Might be helpful to list what i've done cmd default setting's :) I've done the open with check, the choose default program in the system menu, tried that in device manager default programs also. I've checked the programs and features Turn windows features on/off and it's not listed there (never thought it was but that was a suggestion), searched the MS Store, it's not listed there either.

I don't like playing in the registry unless i have defined steps and haven't found anything for this yet, just the Win7 version like in my OP.

kormath, Oct 17, 2021
Thema:

cmd default setting's

1. cmd default setting's - Similar Threads - cmd default setting's

2. cmd default setting's

in Windows 10 Gaming
    cmd default setting's: i messed with my cmd settings and I want to get them back to how they were before I messed with themDoes anyone have a way to get back the defaults and if not can I get screenshots of anyone settings for cmd who have not changed it the windows defaults ie these settings...
  3. Default Settings?

in Windows 10 Support
    Default Settings?: Hi, How do I reset my Laptop colours back to original specs? Cheers, Keith 184158
  4. Default setting

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Default setting: Someone changed all my desktop, icon, and font size/ setting. I just want to get them back to default. Is there a way to do that without resetting the computer, I have programs I can't lose on there?...
  5. Default settings

in Windows 10 Customization
    Default settings: I want to use Canon Digital Photo Professional as my default photo handler. How can I do that? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/default-settings/2ddfa9de-4cbc-4b9b-bf91-24c81ed6adfb
  6. Setting permissions with cmd

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Setting permissions with cmd: Hello everybody, I'm a little new to windows cmd, i have used UNIX command line a lot. Since there is no chown-command i'd like to know how you do some of the tasks i need to do: On my SMB share i copied some movies and shows which apparently "broke" the permissions. Now i...
  7. CMD default opening size is tiny

CMD default opening size is tiny: Hey all When I try open my command prompt it opens up very small, see for reference: [ATTACH] I have gone into the command prompt's default properties and changed the dimensions to what I want it to open to but it still opens up as a tiny box. This is doubly frustrating...
  8. default settings

default settings: I don't know how I messed the colors in windows 10. I need to revert this to default settings. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/default-settings/d7735ed9-3af1-4d64-bf5b-61c961477627
  9. default settings

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    default settings: how do I make chrome my default browser in windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/default-settings/3c5f0acb-ec83-43b9-b697-c9869e1fff88
  10. Choosing default for bash in cmd

in Windows 10 Support
    Choosing default for bash in cmd: Hi all, I have installed git before, so as a side effect, mingw is also installed. Currently, if I type bash in cmd, I got in bash provided by mingw. Now I want to activate Linux subsystem on windows 10. The question is, can I set the default or configure what the bash...