Windows 10: Cmd doesn't work in administrator mode

Discus and support Cmd doesn't work in administrator mode in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] So whenever I launch the cmd on windows 10 in administrator mode then I get this... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Barty20, Sep 16, 2020.

1. Cmd doesn't work in administrator mode

Cmd doesn't work in administrator mode dunWba8xVwTPG68f5aWtskK9dB21K50ksVLT5Xkkiy8.jpg

So whenever I launch the cmd on windows 10 in administrator mode then I get this

https://preview.redd.it/ena90mdi9kn...bp&s=0bd96035e6d204f6789501e19a812601cda35c13

But when I launch it normally then everything works

https://preview.redd.it/omovjiir9kn...bp&s=3a7091005aead884f932d627578a31022bbce667

I have realised that if I try runnning cmd from the cortana search box then it doesn't work even without administrive mode. It only works by running it from the run box by pressing Windows key + r. Does anyone know how to fix this?

submitted by /u/Barty20
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Barty20, Sep 16, 2020
  2. BetoLP Win User

Windows doesn`t start. Authomatic repair doesn`t work.

Thanks again!!

I`m sorry I had not noticed that the text on the picture was in spanish. It says that windows has replaced some damaged clusters in "name" file and "directory". Then, at the end "an unspecified error occurred (75736e6a726e6c2e 4f6)".

I`ll do it and I`ll be updating this thread when I have the report.

- - - Updated - - -

I ran SeaTools. These are the results:

Cmd doesn't work in administrator mode [​IMG]

Does it mean my HDD is useless?

BetoLP, Sep 16, 2020
  3. BetoLP Win User
    Windows doesn`t start. Authomatic repair doesn`t work.

Thanks for your answer, ken!
    I deleted all my data. I had have it backed up.

I did a clean installation using the windows media creation tool (usb option).

No, I didn`t. I thought a clean installation would solve the problem.

After posting my previous message, I did it.

Cmd doesn't work in administrator mode [​IMG]

After chkdsk, I close cmd and tried to boot and the laptop just turned it off. This morning I`ve restarted it and automatically windows did a repair. Windows has booted and it seems that the repair tool has removed chrome and acrobat pdf reader (the only two programs I had installed after reinstalling windows).

Now Windows is installing updates and restarting my lapop, I`m kind of frightened. I don`t want it to happen again. Anyhow, I want to know what has brought the issue

I`ve been looking for information about the error code at the end of the picture and I didn`t get anywhere.

BetoLP, Sep 16, 2020
  4. angus Win User

Cmd doesn't work in administrator mode

Settings can't be opened using the built-in administrator account

Hello,
    Unfortunately I have the same issue as Dabz from upgrading win7 to win10.
    I've tried opening settings using all the suggested methods and it will not load using my account with Administrator access nor the built-in Administrator profile. I also tried other methods not listed such as using Run. Control panel is just a stepping stone to add users in Settings.
    I'm also having explorer.exe issues, which I believe is preventing Settings from loading.
    Using cmd (Admin) I successfully created a new user profile [and granted admin access also using cmd (Admin)], however win10 will not allow this account to log on. win10 does not list this new user within control panel but it does in the start menu. win10 will not allow to log in or switch to the new account via the start menu either.
    I can access settings in Safe Mode but this will not allow me to create a new account.
    Any help/suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
    Cheers

angus, Sep 16, 2020
Thema:

Cmd doesn't work in administrator mode

1. Cmd doesn't work in administrator mode - Similar Threads - Cmd doesn't administrator

2. Shortcut key doesn't work for CMD?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Shortcut key doesn't work for CMD?: I made a CMD file that changes the power plan. Unfortunately, there's no option to create a direct keyboard shortcut via the properties, so I instead created a shortcut via the right-click menu. When I then set the keyboard shortcut to Num *, nothing happened; in fact, any...
  3. Shortcut key doesn't work for CMD?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Shortcut key doesn't work for CMD?: I made a CMD file that changes the power plan. Unfortunately, there's no option to create a direct keyboard shortcut via the properties, so I instead created a shortcut via the right-click menu. When I then set the keyboard shortcut to Num *, nothing happened; in fact, any...
  4. Shortcut key doesn't work for CMD?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. CMD command doesn't work on PowerShell

in Windows 10 Gaming
    CMD command doesn't work on PowerShell: I'm trying to call 'cmd' inside Windows PowerShell console in order to get to work immediately with Command Prompt mode, but I got this message instead:I know I can use Command Prompt outside of PowerShell, but this is a special case.Any suggestions about how can I revert...
  6. CMD command doesn't work on PowerShell

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    CMD command doesn't work on PowerShell: I'm trying to call 'cmd' inside Windows PowerShell console in order to get to work immediately with Command Prompt mode, but I got this message instead:I know I can use Command Prompt outside of PowerShell, but this is a special case.Any suggestions about how can I revert...
  7. CMD command doesn't work on PowerShell

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. cmd administrator

cmd administrator: How can I execute .bat file in administrator mode without need to run it as administrator? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cmd-administrator/091018b3-b3d9-4d3d-9c09-fdc591e46b90
  9. CMD as Administrator

CMD as Administrator: After my latest Windows Update, I had many issues with my HD settings and some software that no longer functioned. One particular application would not work and notified me that my Windows "Shadow" file was full. I attempted to fix this but found I could not get CMD with...
  10. Open OSK using cmd in administration mode

Open OSK using cmd in administration mode: All I have to do is to open OSK using administration account in cmd and for that I need to turn it to standard user . So that's why I wan to run cmd as standard user in administration cmd ....