Windows 10: cmd.exe fails to run with the message "The application was unable to start correctly...

Discus and support cmd.exe fails to run with the message "The application was unable to start correctly... in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Today for the first time I got a BSOD . with the message Stop Code : SYSTEM SERVICE EXCEPTION What failed: FLTMGR.SYS Tried to run sfc /scannow... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by GEORGEPAPADOPOL, Dec 31, 2019.

1. cmd.exe fails to run with the message "The application was unable to start correctly...

Today for the first time I got a BSOD . with the message

Stop Code : SYSTEM SERVICE EXCEPTION

What failed: FLTMGR.SYS

Tried to run sfc /scannow

cmd.exe fails to run with the message "The application was unable to start correctly 0x0000142. Click OK to close the application." I have had this problem for some time with cmd.exe and have been unable to fix it.

I can run cmd.exe 64 version from C:\Windows\SysWOW64.

I have ran this as administrator to run sfc /scannow and I got "Windows Resource Protection could not start the repair service"

Next I tried a fix found here which failed again as:

-----------------------------------------

Microsoft Windows [Version 10.0.18363.535]
    c 2019 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

C:\WINDOWS\system32>sc config trustedinstaller start= auto
    [SC] ChangeServiceConfig SUCCESS

C:\WINDOWS\system32>net start trustedinstaller
    The Windows Modules Installer service is starting.
    The Windows Modules Installer service was started successfully.

C:\WINDOWS\system32>sfc /scannow

Windows Resource Protection could not start the repair service.

C:\WINDOWS\system32>

--------------------------------

Help would be much appreciated.

:)

GEORGEPAPADOPOL, Dec 31, 2019
  2. infotech Win User

0x0000022 application was unable to start correctly

I hope someone can help.

I received an update for SmartFTP and updated. I have not used the application for months. After updating, I tried to run SmartFTP and up came the error message: The application was unable to start correctly 0x0000022

I checked other applications to see whether this affected all exe files. Other applications ran EXCEPT Corel Draw x8. I used Corel Draw a couple of weeks ago and it was OK.

I have uninstalled SmartFTP, restarted, reinstalled with the same problem.

I do not know whether this is related, but I was having a problem with Visual Studio 2015 Community Edition and ran a repair. VS Studio 2015 runs OK.

I am at a loss.

infotech, Dec 31, 2019
  3. The application was unable to start correctly

hi,
    i am getting this error when i start a application DialogDevi

cmd.exe fails to run with the message "The application was unable to start correctly... [​IMG]

HAROON2015, Dec 31, 2019
  4. EY_806 Win User

cmd.exe fails to run with the message "The application was unable to start correctly...

VendorAPIRun64.exe Application error "unable to start correctly(0xc0000142)

during the install of the free windows 10 upgrade on my daughter's windows 8.1 system. during one of the system restarts, the upgrade installs have quit and with a white screen, the only message that has apreared is "VendorAPIRun64.exe Application error"
    "unable to start correctly(0xc0000142)"

she can not accomplish any activity, what should we do to resolve this issue

EY_806, Dec 31, 2019
Thema:

cmd.exe fails to run with the message "The application was unable to start correctly...

1. cmd.exe fails to run with the message "The application was unable to start correctly... - Similar Threads - cmd exe fails

2. The application was unable to start correctly 0xc0000005

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The application was unable to start correctly 0xc0000005: It happens this week all our clients and us face the same error randomly with random apps. Windows 10 and 11 are the same error. We believe it happens with everyone world wide. Microsoft please investigate this and it could by from one of your update.We did all the steps to...
  3. the application was unable to start correctly 0xc000012b

in Windows 10 Gaming
    the application was unable to start correctly 0xc000012b: the application was unable to start correctly 0xc000012b https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-application-was-unable-to-start-correctly/1ec7bbe8-0aa4-4267-80e8-4fbab82a46cc
  4. the application was unable to start correctly 0xc000012b

in Windows 10 Customization
    the application was unable to start correctly 0xc000012b: the application was unable to start correctly 0xc000012b https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-application-was-unable-to-start-correctly/1ec7bbe8-0aa4-4267-80e8-4fbab82a46cc
  5. The application was unable to start correctly 0xc0000142

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The application was unable to start correctly 0xc0000142: I get tis error for several applications The application was unable to start correctly 0xc0000142.Device: Zebra VC80Windows 10 Enterprise 2016 LTSB...
  6. The application was unable to start correctly 0xc0000142

The application was unable to start correctly 0xc0000142: I get tis error for several applications The application was unable to start correctly 0xc0000142.Device: Zebra VC80Windows 10 Enterprise 2016 LTSB...
  7. Fix LogTransport2.exe application Unable to start correctly on Windows PC

in Windows 10 News
    Fix LogTransport2.exe application Unable to start correctly on Windows PC: [ATTACH]You may see LogTransport2.exe application error on shutdown or when you try to start Adobe Acrobat Reader, The solutions listed here will help you in both cases. The error message may occur when the user attempts to start the application or put their system on sleep...
  8. Getting the error message ‘The application was unable to start correctly (0xc00000142)’...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Getting the error message ‘The application was unable to start correctly (0xc00000142)’...: I think it’s related to an office update or something cause whenever I click it it says office is updating then it comes up with that error message. Does anyone know how I can fix this? It’s kinda stressing me out cause I have projects due. Thank you in advance submitted by...
  9. The application was unable to start correctly

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    The application was unable to start correctly: can someone help im trying to download a game and it keeps saying that every time, i tried running it as administrator and i tried doing sfc /scannow it sayed there was a problem but that it fixed it submitted by /u/Scrubby32 [link] [comments]...
  10. The application was unable to start correctly

The application was unable to start correctly: hi, i am getting this error when i start a application DialogDevi [img] 83258

Users found this page by searching for:

1. the application was unable to start correctly during cmd