Windows 10: cmd.exe in win11, powershell does not run properly

Discus and support cmd.exe in win11, powershell does not run properly in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have now updated to the latest version of win11, however when I try to run cmd/powershell, they always run for a few seconds and then close... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by owenlightning, Feb 11, 2023.

1. cmd.exe in win11, powershell does not run properly

I have now updated to the latest version of win11, however when I try to run cmd/powershell, they always run for a few seconds and then close automatically

:)

owenlightning, Feb 11, 2023

2. CMD and PowerShell

Hi Andre,

I did all items you listed.

After reboot, running CMD and powershell (admin) had the same result ("no app associated"). So I turned the feature off in taskbar settings.

Regards,

Danker

dschaareman, Feb 11, 2023
  3. AlanNg5 Win User
    How to run elevated cmd and powershell in Win11 Home

Dear Sir/Madam,

I am running Windows 11 Home version 10.0.22000 Build 22000, using a standard user account, and I can't seem to find a menu option to run elevated CMD and Powershell. In previous Windows versions, there are menu options to run them as administrator such as by right clicking the mouse. Please kindly advise. Thank you

AlanNg5, Feb 11, 2023
  4. tcebob Win User

cmd.exe in win11, powershell does not run properly

Can't run command in PowerShell but OK in Cmd

I tried the suggested command and it does work manually in Power Shell. But Task Scheduler chokes on it.

cmd.exe in win11, powershell does not run properly 179039d1519919659t-cant-run-command-powershell-but-ok-cmd-add-.jpg

If i say "Yes" it breaks up the command string to "%C:\program" with the rest of the command as an argument.

tcebob, Feb 11, 2023
Thema:

cmd.exe in win11, powershell does not run properly

1. cmd.exe in win11, powershell does not run properly - Similar Threads - cmd exe win11

2. cmd.exe in win11, powershell does not run properly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    cmd.exe in win11, powershell does not run properly: I have now updated to the latest version of win11, however when I try to run cmd/powershell, they always run for a few seconds and then close automatically...
  3. How to run elevated cmd and powershell in Win11 Home

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to run elevated cmd and powershell in Win11 Home: Dear Sir/Madam,I am running Windows 11 Home version 10.0.22000 Build 22000, using a standard user account, and I can't seem to find a menu option to run elevated CMD and Powershell. In previous Windows versions, there are menu options to run them as administrator such as by...
  4. How to run elevated cmd and powershell in Win11 Home

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to run elevated cmd and powershell in Win11 Home: Dear Sir/Madam,I am running Windows 11 Home version 10.0.22000 Build 22000, using a standard user account, and I can't seem to find a menu option to run elevated CMD and Powershell. In previous Windows versions, there are menu options to run them as administrator such as by...
  5. Why PowerShell does not run executables path and CMD does?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why PowerShell does not run executables path and CMD does?: 1. Why PowerShell does not run executables as shown in screenshot below and CMD does?2. I first opened PowerShell as admin and ran 3. "C:\Users\xyz\Downloads\Acrobat_DC_Web_WWMUI\Adobe Acrobat\Setup.exe"4. Setup did not start.5. I then opened cmd as admin pasted...
  6. Why PowerShell does not run executables path and CMD does?

Why PowerShell does not run executables path and CMD does?: 1. Why PowerShell does not run executables as shown in screenshot below and CMD does?2. I first opened PowerShell as admin and ran 3. "C:\Users\xyz\Downloads\Acrobat_DC_Web_WWMUI\Adobe Acrobat\Setup.exe"4. Setup did not start.5. I then opened cmd as admin pasted...
  7. Why PowerShell does not run executables path and CMD does?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  8. cannot run an exe file in CMD administrator

cannot run an exe file in CMD administrator: From exe file property ===> check: Run this program as an administrator open cmd: run as adminitrator type cd ==> enter C:\Users\MYNAME\Downloads\Programs\Apps\Viber Setup ==> Enter ===> 'C:\Users\MYNAME' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable...
  9. cannot run an exe file in CMD asministrator

cannot run an exe file in CMD asministrator: From exe file property ===> check: Run this program as an administrator open cmd: run as adminitrator type cd ==> enter C:\Users\MYNAME\Downloads\Programs\Apps\Viber Setup ==> Enter ===> 'C:\Users\MYNAME' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable...
  10. Cannot run .exe files, cmd (admin)

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Cannot run .exe files, cmd (admin): Hi! I tried to install a program to recover some lost pictures from an android phone. Later on some error popped up basically saying I couldn’t install the program. I’ve since then deleted the installer exe file. For some reason nothing was working so i force shutdown my...