Windows 10: cmd.exe opens full screen. Just one little problem.......

Discus and support cmd.exe opens full screen. Just one little problem....... in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I was surprised to find running a task under a command prompt allowed the screen to open to full size. That's great. The only downside for me was that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Mooly, Oct 5, 2014.

1. Mooly Win User

cmd.exe opens full screen. Just one little problem.......

I was surprised to find running a task under a command prompt allowed the screen to open to full size. That's great. The only downside for me was that the part of the task actually running was always off the bottom of the screen. Yes, it still scrolls automatically as before but you can never see the last line, which is what is actually being executed. Same when its finished. You have to manually scroll down.

:)

Mooly, Oct 5, 2014

2. windows phone

So i have nokia lumia 920,and i recently updated my phone to windows system 8.1.It's really amazing,but there is one little problem.When i had windows 8, I clicked on the video and it opened in full screen,but now after the update,i don't know how to
    open video in full screen.There's a button on the right corner,so when i click it on youtube,video just opens in full screen,but on other sites it doesn't.So what can i do?I will be very glad if anyone can help.Thank you!

AidaBayramova, Oct 5, 2014
  3. Computer AMD Gameing system wierd taskbar after game flicker (RESALVED)

I have a problem with my computer and It just started today and this is a miner issue. I open up a game and it flickers twice and goes black for a second and gives me a busy sign. and then it goes to the desktop but the taskbar messes up and almost the whole-part of
    the screen is gray and a little part is black. then it crashes the desktop and I have two half of the task bar. one is flickering on the lower middle of the screen and the other at the bottom right of the screen I am using windows 10 It does it with any full
    screen game. can you please help me. cmd.exe opens full screen. Just one little problem....... :(

EvanArnold, Oct 5, 2014
  4. Ztruker Win User

Set the Taskbar to autohide, see if that show all od the window.

Ztruker, Oct 6, 2014
  5. Right tick on the top of the cmd prompt screen and select properties.
    You will find ways of adjusting size, fonts, background, and colors.

Layback Bear, Oct 6, 2014
  6. Mooly Win User
    Ah... yes it does seem to display all now. One problem though. Having hidden the taskbar I couldn't easily find how to get it back. The only way seemed to be to press the windows key (to get me to the start screen), then select desktop.

Thanks, I never knew that option was there.

Is this normal.... on the black screen, if I click and move the cursor it opens the screen up in white.

Mooly, Oct 6, 2014
  7. DavidY Win User
    How about {Windows Key} and {T} together?

DavidY, Oct 6, 2014
  8. Mooly Win User

Thanks, that's one I'll have to try later today (currently in the middle of a full sector by sector recovery after trying lots of stuff out)

Mooly, Oct 6, 2014
  9. Saltgrass Win User
    The white on the screen will happen if you choose to Mark something and highlight it. If you are not doing that, it may just be a glitch.

Marking text is the way to copy from a command window, so if you did not know that, you have discovered it yourself.. *Smile

It seems I am able to make use of the transparency option. I remember, on many occasions, of having to move the Command window over to check some information. I no longer have to do that....

Saltgrass, Oct 6, 2014
  10. Mooly Win User
    Seems to be a glitch although I must admit that before today I never knew there were any user options for the cmd window.

David... I still haven't tried your suggestion (tomorrow *Smile), I'm on W8.1 at the moment.

Mooly, Oct 6, 2014
  11. Once you right tick and go to properties just tinker and you will get the size you want along with colors ect.
    It works just like Windows 7 except for the experiment part.

Layback Bear, Oct 6, 2014
  12. Mooly Win User
    Thanks *Smile In all the years it has just never occurred to me to look to change the properties of the cmd window. Now I know that you can... I shall have a play.

Mooly, Oct 6, 2014
  13. Ztruker Win User

If the Taskbar is set to Auto hide then moving the mouse pointer to the bottom of the screen should bring it back.

Ztruker, Oct 7, 2014
  14. Mooly Win User
    Hmmm... not on mine it doesn't. That's why I panicked when I couldn't get it back. I must try it again and see. Could be a real bug.

Mooly, Oct 7, 2014
  15. Mooly Win User
    DavidY... yes, Windows key plus T now works.

I tried hiding and unhiding the taskbar again and now it works perfectly. I know it did what I described however and so used the feedback app to report it and that brought up someone else with the same issue, so I added my comments to that.

Mooly, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. cmd.exe opens full screen. Just one little problem....... - Similar Threads - cmd exe opens

2. Unable to open regedit, cmd or any .exe files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to open regedit, cmd or any .exe files: Hi, I am encountering a problem that the default app of .exe files has been changed.While I did some research that many of the solutions suggest that I can reset it via cmd or regedit. However, my oc doesn't let me open any of those.Everytime I choose to open regedit or cmd....
  3. Unable to open regedit, cmd or any .exe files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to open regedit, cmd or any .exe files: Hi, I am encountering a problem that the default app of .exe files has been changed.While I did some research that many of the solutions suggest that I can reset it via cmd or regedit. However, my oc doesn't let me open any of those.Everytime I choose to open regedit or cmd....
  4. Unable to open regedit, cmd or any .exe files

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. A little problem.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    A little problem.: Hello! I am a little kid who wants to get into streaming, but my mic is too quiet. Every time i go into the recording tab in the sound control panel, it freezes and i have to force quit it, i have seen some people have the same problem and found a video on youtube on how to...
  6. Full screen problem

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Full screen problem: I have a dual monitor set-up, and whenever I play a game in full screen like Minecraft, and I click on the other monitor, the game will minimise, is that from windows or from the setting of the game? submitted by /u/Khaled_Mechatronics [link] [comments]...
  7. Can't open .exe files anymore and can't open cmd or regedit

Can't open .exe files anymore and can't open cmd or regedit: Hi, I can't open .exe file anymore. When I double click on I have this pop up asking how I want to open .exe file. Do you know how I can fix this problem whereas I can't open cmd or regedit ? [IMG] [IMG]...
  8. cmd, task manager and all .exe files does not open

cmd, task manager and all .exe files does not open: Hello, All shortcuts icon turn into blank white as shown in image. and whenever i open command prompt, task manager and any .exe files , one pop up window appearHow do you want to open this file? as shown in image. [ATTACH] I tried, deleting iconcache.db files and...
  9. Open Cmd on start screen?

Open Cmd on start screen?: Hello, Can anyone tell me how to open the command prompt on the start screen? Got Windows 10. Thanks in advance. Cmd auf startbildschirm öffnen?
  10. Having just one program/window open on screen at a time

in Windows 10 Customization
    Having just one program/window open on screen at a time: Hello everyone, I am using a tool to reduce the opacity of my windows / programs. I just like to have a mixture of background image and program. But I don't want programs / windows to overlap / have their position behind another, and I am running everything in maximization....