Windows 10: CMD flashes after suspicious exe launch

Discus and support CMD flashes after suspicious exe launch in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Recently i was doing some research on additional software for a game. I saw some vidos on YT and decided to download it even though i knew it could be... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by НикитаЯхнев, Dec 5, 2021.

1. CMD flashes after suspicious exe launch

Recently i was doing some research on additional software for a game. I saw some vidos on YT and decided to download it even though i knew it could be a shady one. After i downloaded it, i laucnhed .exe file and nothing happened at first. Then it started flashing cmd on my screen every 5-10 seconds i tried windows defender scan, powershell repairs etc. After that i got rid of the files, done with scans and powershell so i decided to reboot, after reboot cmd starts flashing again but it stops after a minute or two. I launched process monitor to see what it is RegHost.exe cmd which launches 7z.e

:)

НикитаЯхнев, Dec 5, 2021
  2. Fernandz Win User

How To Format A Write Protected Flash Memory ?

¿You already tried this one?...

Run CMD

1. diskpart
    2. list disk

Then in the 3º step, put the correct number of disk in the list for the usb flash (if it's listed in disk 3, then you'll have to write select disk 3).

2. select disk #
    3. clean
    4. create partition primary
    5. select partition 1
    6. active
    7. format fs=fat32
    8. assign
    9. exit

with that commands you will format the flash drive in fat32, if you have a large drive you can select also "format fs=ntfs" in step 7.

good luck!

Fernandz, Dec 5, 2021
  3. RickC Win User
    Flashing CMD screen

@lffoar - My apologies... I'm an idiot.

I forgot to add the all-important Step 7, i.e. to start ProcMon actually capturing events. I've amended my post above to include this.

PS - I have never seen ProcMon look like your screenshot... the icons in the toolbar are completely different to what I'm used to:

CMD flashes after suspicious exe launch [​IMG]

RickC, Dec 5, 2021
  4. zbook Win User

CMD flashes after suspicious exe launch

install.wim is 7GB, how to make a bootable USB flash drive

This is a method to make a ntfs flash drive.

The trial and error step will be booting using Legacy BIOS...

Code:
    This is the link:
    Guide: How to Format USB Flash Drive Using Cmd - EaseUS

The link did not use active so that is why it is a trial and error step.

zbook, Dec 5, 2021
Thema:

CMD flashes after suspicious exe launch

1. CMD flashes after suspicious exe launch - Similar Threads - CMD flashes suspicious

2. Suspicious .exe program found in Program Files x86

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Suspicious .exe program found in Program Files x86: Hi, I found a folder in my Program Files x86 folder called MonthPigana. The only thing it contains is a .exe file called MonthPigana.exe. There seems to be nothing else I can find on my pc related to this program, nor could I find any information about it on the internet. I...
  3. Suspicious .exe program found in Program Files x86

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Suspicious .exe program found in Program Files x86: Hi, I found a folder in my Program Files x86 folder called MonthPigana. The only thing it contains is a .exe file called MonthPigana.exe. There seems to be nothing else I can find on my pc related to this program, nor could I find any information about it on the internet. I...
  4. Suspicious .exe program found in Program Files x86

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. CMD window flashing - "whferic"

in Windows 10 Support
    CMD window flashing - "whferic": Hi, folks. I'm having an issue with a CMD window flashing now and then. I reinstalled my whole computer a few days ago and had some issues with viruses when downloading a torrent. I could deal with that, but I still have this flashing window and I have not been able to make...
  6. Flashing CMD screen

in Windows 10 Support
    Flashing CMD screen: Hi all, Got another sneaky one Im getting spasmodic flashes of the CMD screen popping up in the back ground. Only lasts a split second and then gone. Everything is running OK but this is something new. What Ive done: Run SFC all OK. Run Chkdsk all OK, Rolled back my graphics...
  7. I can't launch cmd

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I can't launch cmd: Hey, so my issue is old, I've been unable to launch cmd in 2 years maybe. Whenever I try to open it, it shows up, thoroughly black, nothing happens, and then it closes itself. I've kinda tried everything I could find on the inrernet, it just won't work submitted by...
  8. Can't launch any .exe file, not even regedit and cmd

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't launch any .exe file, not even regedit and cmd: Some of my apps were not launching so I followed a Youtube tutorial and changed a value in .exe folder in registry but nothing changed so I went back and reversed the changes in registry. After doing that I cannot launch any .exe file, neither regedit nor cmd. And no system...
  9. X:\windows\system32\cmd. Exe

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    X:\windows\system32\cmd. Exe: Bonjour j'ai un problème avec mon pc (un lenovo yoga 300). À la fin d'une mise à jour, j'ai dû redémarrer mon pc et après le redémarrage je tombe sur une page qui me demande de choisir en l'option *Dépannage ou *Éteindre le pc. [IMG] J'ai donc essayé l'option dépannage:...
  10. Disallowrun and locked exe, cmd, regedit

in Windows 10 Support
    Disallowrun and locked exe, cmd, regedit: I did a very stupid thing. I tried to make windows block one application by creating registry in Policies/Explorer named RestrictRun. I did it and then I also created DisallowRun. In KEy Restrict run I added one application, but i couldnt create key for DisallowRun and...