Windows 10: CMD is not opening after updating to 1909 update.

Discus and support CMD is not opening after updating to 1909 update. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Yesterday I updated OS from 1809 to 1909 directly. I am a software developer and require to use Command Prompt everyday for running server. After... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/tapu_buoy, Dec 8, 2019.

1. CMD is not opening after updating to 1909 update.

Yesterday I updated OS from 1809 to 1909 directly. I am a software developer and require to use Command Prompt everyday for running server. After installing updated OS I have installed Windows Terminal app. The same happens in Terminal app as well, CMD just doesn't open a few prompts comes on screen and then it disappears.

• I have also observed one more behaviour, whenever I run my node server through git bash now everyime it open windows explorer. I don't know where it is coming from but I am thinking it has some relation with CMD not opening issue.

Please suggest, advice on what can I do to resolve this. Thanks!

submitted by /u/tapu_buoy
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/tapu_buoy, Dec 8, 2019
  2. AsRock Win User

Windows Updates failed to instal

I'm not sure how differant XP media center Edition is but you could clear the history \ cache if these folders are there.

Step 1 Register DLL files.

=================

By trying this step, we can check if the update engines are working properly.

1. Close all instances of Internet Explorer.

2. Click Start and Run, type "Regsvr32 atl.dll" (without quotes) in the Open box and click OK.

Note: There is a space between regsvr32 and atl.dll

3. Similarly, one by one, register the files listed below:

Regsvr32 msxml3.dll

Regsvr32 wuapi.dll

Regsvr32 wuaueng.dll

Regsvr32 wuaueng1.dll

Regsvr32 wups2.dll

Regsvr32 wucltui.dll

Regsvr32 wups.dll

Regsvr32 wuweb.dll

Regsvr32 qmgr.dll

Regsvr32 qmgrprxy.dll

Regsvr32 jscript.dll

Note: If you encounter errors while registering any of these files then skip that file and continue with the next one.

If the issue persists, let's move on to the steps below to verify Windows Update services and temporary folders.

Step 2 Verify the relevant Windows Update services.

=========================================

1. Click Start->Run, type "services.msc" (without quotation marks) in the open box and click OK.

2. Double click the service "Automatic Updates".

3. Click on the Log On tab, please ensure the option "Local System account" is selected and the option "Allow service to interact with desktop" is unchecked.

4. Check if this service has been enabled on the listed Hardware Profile. If not, please click the Enable button to enable it.

5. Click on the tab "General "; make sure the "Startup Type" is "Automatic" or "Manual". Then please click the button "Stop" under "Service Status" to stop the service.

6. Then please click the button "Start" under "Service Status" to start the service.

7. Please repeat the above steps with the other services:

Background Intelligent Transfer Service

Event Log

Remote Procedure Call (RPC)

Note: Event log service is enabled on all of the hardware profiles; this service does not have an option to enable or disable on certain hardware profile.

If it still does not help, let's proceed to step 3.

Step 3 Reload the Update temporary folders.

===================================

One possible cause is that the temporary folder for Windows Update is containing corrupted files. Let's erase all the files there to get the system clean.

1. Click Start, Run, type: cmd and press Enter. Please run the following command in the opened window.

Net stop WuAuServ

2. Click Start, Run, type: %windir% and press Enter.

3. In the opened folder, rename the folder SoftwareDistribution to Sdold.

4. Click Start, Run, type: cmd and press Enter. Please run the following command in the opened window.

Net start WuAuServ

Please test the Windows Update website and let me know the result. If the issue persists, to clarify the issue and provide more accurate troubleshooting steps, please assist me in collecting the following information.

AsRock, Dec 8, 2019
  3. Windows 10 1909 Causes Secondary Hard Drive to not be Recognized

Installing the Windows 10 1909 Update causes my secondary hard drive to not be recognized.

Steps to confirm issue:

• Secondary drive not visible in Windows Explorer
    • Secondary drive not visible in device manager
    • Secondary drive not visible in disk manager

Steps to replicate issue:

• Installing 1909 update

Steps to resolve issue:

• Uninstall 1909 update

Since updates can only be delayed for so long, an actual fix would be appreciated.

Teknophile, Dec 8, 2019
  4. CMD is not opening after updating to 1909 update.

Windows update daily? Ugh

Windows Update seems to be stuck trying to install a particular update, so this might be of use to you.

Click Start, then type "cmd" (without quotes). Right-click cmd then it comes up and hit "Run as Administrator". At the command prompt, type "net stop wuauserv" (again, without quotes), wait for it to say "The Windows Update service was stopped sucessfully" or words to that effect. Leave cmd running.

Navigate to C:\Windows (or whatever drive your OS is installed on), and delete the "SoftwareDistribution" folder. Once that's done, go back to cmd and type "net start wuauserv" (without wuotes again) and wait for it to say "The Windows Update was started sucessfully" or words to that effect. Exit cmd.

Open Windows update, you will need to re-enable Microsoft Update as deleting the SoftwareDistribution folder resets Windows Update. Install any updates that come up and your problem *should* be fixed.

If not, all I can suggest is either downloading that patch manually and installing it, or just reinstall Windows.

Red_Machine, Dec 8, 2019
Thema:

CMD is not opening after updating to 1909 update.

1. CMD is not opening after updating to 1909 update. - Similar Threads - CMD opening updating

2. Windows Update not updating after build 1909

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Update not updating after build 1909: I started having this issue last December or so. If I try to do a major Windows Update the update appears to download and mostly install. Once the computer prompts for a restart it doesn't seem like anything finalized and when the computer boots up again nothing has changed....
  3. Windows Update not updating after build 1909

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Update not updating after build 1909: I started having this issue last December or so. If I try to do a major Windows Update the update appears to download and mostly install. Once the computer prompts for a restart it doesn't seem like anything finalized and when the computer boots up again nothing has changed....
  4. Windows Update not updating after build 1909

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Updating To update 1909

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Updating To update 1909: Hi i'm trying to update to update 1909 and it let me do it but when i go back to check it says that Im not up to date and Your device is missing important security and quality fixes....
  6. BSOD after 1909 Update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD after 1909 Update: Guys, I have the strange error (maybe not strange at all) I am on on Windows 10 x64 v1903, Gigabyte X99-UD5 Wifi board and a Samsung EVO 850 250gb M2 OS Drive. After applying patch 1909 it BSODs with kmode exception not handled, page fault in non paged area, etc and then...
  7. Microsoft store open, then closes after version 1909 update

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft store open, then closes after version 1909 update: Microsoft store open, then closes after version 1909 update. Disabled Norton Security, uninstalled & reinstalled Microsoft Store app. All windows apps has same issue, open then closes. WSRESET gives me 'windows cannot find 'ms-windows-storePurgeCache'. Found no cache...
  8. Cmd closes after open

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Cmd closes after open: Hello, I installed some program which edited my regedit. As a result there is some cmd starting and closing after every startup and I can't open new cmd because it closes immediately, only powershell works. I found in history that my AutoRun value in...
  9. Update from 1903 to 1909 via CMD

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Update from 1903 to 1909 via CMD: [IMG] I have some command here that I use to upgrade Win 7 clients to 10 silently but was wondering if there are similar ones I can use to upgrade a PC that already has Windows 10 to the latest version such as 1903 to 1909 silently or would they be the same? \" submitted...
  10. Microsoft Store and "Apps" won't open after 1909 update.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Microsoft Store and "Apps" won't open after 1909 update.: Hi, I updated to windows 1909 on my razer blade stealth and after the update, I cannot open the Microsoft Store or anything labeled as "App" like Mail or Camera. The app will very quickly open a window on the screen then go away. I checked the task manager but it seems that...