Windows 10: CMD is so slow and C++ program's compilation takes so much time.

Discus and support CMD is so slow and C++ program's compilation takes so much time. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello, community,I am a student and I regularly code in c++. But Lately, I have been quite frustrated with Windows10, The command prompt is so slow and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by aystic, Jun 22, 2021.

1. aystic Win User

CMD is so slow and C++ program's compilation takes so much time.

Hello, community,I am a student and I regularly code in c++. But Lately, I have been quite frustrated with Windows10, The command prompt is so slow and non-responsive when running programs and the compilation of simple programs takes more time than it should.Recently, I have switched to Ubuntu and I am quite happy with the performance of Ubuntu as compared to Windows10 in terms of programming. I don't do gaming so I don't care about the gaming performance of Windows10.For eg., A simple program to print "Hello world" around 1000 times takes around 300 ms without any background apps runni

:)

aystic, Jun 22, 2021
  2. Veschich Win User

Compiler on C/C++ for Nokia 5530.

@grschinon - First see my post "Compiler on C/C++ for Nokia 5530". I believe you understand that we are talking about PHONE. Second i repeat that Carbide.C++ is exe and when i read what @hgohel post me i download SDK tool too(S60-SDK-200634-3.1-Cpp-f.1090b.zip),
    but now i'm not sure how to proceed. So if know how to write and compile programs on my phone on C++ please write me down the steps and tools i need to do this.
    Message Edited by on 20-Dec-2009 03:58 PM

Veschich, Jun 22, 2021
  3. Learning to Program C

I second that motion although I know someone that swears by C. I'll ask him if he has any advice next time I bump into him. If memory serves, he learned via a book. I'll try to get the title for the book for you.

C++ is an extension to C. C++ has some object oriented programming (OOP) concepts in it which are absent for C. As far as I know, most C code can be compiled by a C++ compiler.

C#/Java I think are a completely different ball game. Syntax is similar but I really can't see C/C++ helping much with either. VB is the best stepping stone into C#. Java was made in a room saturated with weed fumes. XD

FordGT90Concept, Jun 22, 2021
  4. CMD is so slow and C++ program's compilation takes so much time.

Dosbox in turbo c++ compiler creating problem

I am using windows 10 and dosbox c compiler is creating problem while running a program . After i run one program the mouse or trackpad input stops to work and this is stopping me to save any of my program please suggest me how to resolve this

Samarth Sharma ss, Jun 22, 2021
Thema:

CMD is so slow and C++ program's compilation takes so much time.

1. CMD is so slow and C++ program's compilation takes so much time. - Similar Threads - CMD slow C++

2. Windows CMD/Powershell Appears And Eat So Much Ram, and so laggy

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows CMD/Powershell Appears And Eat So Much Ram, and so laggy: idk what happen, but this happen again https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-cmdpowershell-appears-and-eat-so-much-ram/ba064465-1caf-4f99-81f8-fbc4263fcddd
  3. Windows CMD/Powershell Appears And Eat So Much Ram, and so laggy

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows CMD/Powershell Appears And Eat So Much Ram, and so laggy: idk what happen, but this happen again https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-cmdpowershell-appears-and-eat-so-much-ram/ba064465-1caf-4f99-81f8-fbc4263fcddd
  4. Windows CMD/Powershell Appears And Eat So Much Ram, and so laggy

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Win 11 rollback to win 10 takes so much time

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win 11 rollback to win 10 takes so much time: Hi I downloaded win 11 4 days ago and i wanted to go back to win 10. I did it through settings and i clicked on "go back to earlier build" i started the process in 14:05 and now its 16:28 and still the process isnt done. Is this a bad thing Please help me...
  6. Why does this take so much storage

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Why does this take so much storage: [ATTACH] Why does it take so much space!!! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-does-this-take-so-much-storage/3402a448-26b1-4bcc-bdb2-8447ddd1d4fd
  7. Windows taking so much time to startup

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows taking so much time to startup: On reboot it shows the manufacturer logo and stays on it for a while and again it shows the windows logo and stays on it a while due to which it takes lots of time to boot up and show my lock screen late. How do I decrease my boot up time ?...
  8. Why does this take so much usage?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Why does this take so much usage?: [ATTACH] As the title says, why? I never seen my ram been used this much before, think it was since the last Win10 update. https://preview.redd.it/ge43tu0klfs41.png?width=1920&format=png&auto=webp&s=f633ebd54bcbc42509259912732f289efb7c87da submitted by /u/MilkyMoo27...
  9. What is taking so much space?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    What is taking so much space?: So I checked the other day and out of my 200 GB SSD partition for Windows, only 45 GB was remaining. I went into explorer options and enabled viewing hidden files and folders and disabled hiding system files. Then I selected all the files in C drive and viewed it's...
  10. What is taking so much space?

in Windows 10 Support
    What is taking so much space?: So I checked the other day and out of my 200 GB SSD partition for Windows, only 45 GB was remaining. I went into explorer options and enabled viewing hidden files and folders and disabled hiding system files. Then I selected all the files in C drive and viewed it's...