Windows 10: CMD Keeps Repeating Command in Batch File and Avast Scanned A Virus in It

Discus and support CMD Keeps Repeating Command in Batch File and Avast Scanned A Virus in It in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; My CMD keeps repeating my command again and again and again in my batch file, without running the command. ex: the batch file i wrote was shutdown... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by B3AN5J, Mar 31, 2019.

1. B3AN5J Win User

CMD Keeps Repeating Command in Batch File and Avast Scanned A Virus in It

My CMD keeps repeating my command again and again and again in my batch file, without running the command.

ex: the batch file i wrote was

shutdown /s /f /t 001

and the CMD window would appear like this

CMD Keeps Repeating Command in Batch File and Avast Scanned A Virus in It fd57e60f-12a0-4c34-a570-0c1cd5d6c9ed?upload=true.png

And Avast suddenly appeared . . .

CMD Keeps Repeating Command in Batch File and Avast Scanned A Virus in It 0f3efd62-ebe1-4f73-8d41-f38950f5816d?upload=true.png

I tried running sfc /scannow, but it didn't worked.

Malware or False positive ?

Anyone please help me .

:)

B3AN5J, Mar 31, 2019
  2. DanTov Win User

need to run a cmd command as administrator within batch file

No the batch file doesn't need to be run as administrator just the cmd command within the file

DanTov, Mar 31, 2019
  3. need to run a cmd command as administrator within batch file

I am not familiar with this command, but am with batch files. If you are saying it runs without getting prompted when you execute the cmd in administrator mode then it should work within a line of the batch file.

Is it working when you execute it on its own?

FernandoYebra1, Mar 31, 2019
  4. CMD Keeps Repeating Command in Batch File and Avast Scanned A Virus in It

I need a batch file that opens cmd, runs two commands, and keeps cmd open

I need a batch file that opens cmd, runs two commands, and keeps cmd open

This is an invalid command. You need to use:

• /IM image name. The image name of the process to be terminated. Wildcard '*' can be used to specify all image names.

Use the following batch file (test.cmd):

To run it and keep the cmd shell open use the following command:

• /K Run Command and then return to the CMD prompt. This is useful for testing, to examine variables

Further Reading

• An A-Z Index of the Windows CMD command line - An excellent reference for all things Windows cmd line related.
    • cmd - Start a new CMD shell and (optionally) run a command/executable program.
    • start - Start a program, command or batch script (opens in a new window).
    • taskkill - End one or more processes (by process id or image name).

DavidPostill, Mar 31, 2019
Thema:

CMD Keeps Repeating Command in Batch File and Avast Scanned A Virus in It

1. CMD Keeps Repeating Command in Batch File and Avast Scanned A Virus in It - Similar Threads - CMD Keeps Repeating

2. Batch File Command???

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Batch File Command???: I want to run a batch file that starts a backup program, but does not execute the next command until that program completes? How do I do this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/batch-file-command/3af2ce6b-ace3-43cb-b6fb-5cbff8998736
  3. Batch File Command???

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Batch File Command???: I want to run a batch file that starts a backup program, but does not execute the next command until that program completes? How do I do this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/batch-file-command/3af2ce6b-ace3-43cb-b6fb-5cbff8998736
  4. Command Prompt/ Batch files

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Command Prompt/ Batch files: [ATTACH] when i create a batch file to ping something, it spams the command and throws no response. how do i fix this? https://preview.redd.it/fyy6qwrfx7n61.png?width=256&format=png&auto=webp&s=d55552fdc7a5c297d565617f710992048238660c submitted by /u/xWasss [link]...
  5. Graphics in Cmd or Batch?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Graphics in Cmd or Batch?: Hello, i want to insert graphics into a batch script, i know it works, but i don't know a command to do so. TIA LG creativeandmore Grafik in Cmd oder Batch?
  6. CMD Batch file help

in Windows 10 Support
    CMD Batch file help: Hello, i am running into a issue i am trying to resolve but im getting nowhere and hopefully someone could help me. I'm simply trying to point a copy to parent or "grand"parent directory/folder. I tried ".." but it seems to come back the same message Code: The system cannot...
  7. Batch commands

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Batch commands: I know this stuff is kind of old tech, but would anyone know how to make a script that goes through the contents of a folder or file and uses them as command-line arguments say in pseudocode it might look something like: for each item in Desktop, copy %name% to D:\ a USB...
  8. How to get out of hibernation if batch file repeating hibernation cmd?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to get out of hibernation if batch file repeating hibernation cmd?: Hello, I got myself into a bit of trouble here. *Huh I was writing a script to automatically abort shutdowns from Windows Updates. I was intending to use shutdown -a ("a" for abort) and set it to repeat every 15 minutes, but I wasn't paying attention. *Sleepy I accidentally...
  9. Help - How to get out of hibernation if a batch file is repeating a hibernation command?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Help - How to get out of hibernation if a batch file is repeating a hibernation command?: I need some help. I was writing a script to automatically abort shutdowns from Windows Updates. I was intending to use shutdown -a ("a" for abort) and set it to repeat every 15 minutes, but I wasn't paying attention. I accidentally put shutdown -h ("h" for hibernation)...
  10. need to run a cmd command as administrator within batch file

in Windows 10 Customization
    need to run a cmd command as administrator within batch file: Hey, Probable pretty easy for some of you but after a bit of googling I can't quite figure it out. I need to run a command within CMD as administrator within a batch file which then users can just run. Any ideas would be great. Dan...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. cmd keeps repeating command