Windows 10: CMD off after 1 second

Discus and support CMD off after 1 second in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi all, Wanted to run SFC so typed CMD in the run line, right clicked CMD, run as administrator and the CMD screen flashes on for a split second and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by lffoar, Jan 20, 2018.

1. lffoar Win User

CMD off after 1 second

Hi all,
    Wanted to run SFC so typed CMD in the run line, right clicked CMD, run as administrator and the CMD screen flashes on for a split second and then off. Got it through windows power shell OK, ran SFC and no errors.
    Ran Malwarebytes, SuperAntiSpyware, Rkill, Adwcleaner, JRT and nothing shows up. Still can't access the CMD screen through the "normal" way/s. I am using the classic shell program, if that makes any difference.

:)

lffoar, Jan 20, 2018

2. Lumia 625 "hangs" for 10-15 minutes and then restarts

Hi All,

You can do a reboot with the phone by doing the following:

1) Press and hold both the Volume Down and Power key for 15 seconds. After 15 seconds, the display will turn off and the phone will vibrate and restart.

2) Press and hold the Power key for 15 seconds. After 15 seconds, the display will turn off and the phone will vibrate and restart.

playfulangel14, Jan 20, 2018
  3. ZoonLogon Win User
    Windows 10 Child account Logon, log off 1 second after the welcome message

I do have the same issue, logon for my 2 children does not work - after logging on message, Screen jumps back to logon an enter Password again - Login works for the Kids on tablet (Windows 10) and windows-phone, but does not work on Windows 10 PC.

ZoonLogon, Jan 20, 2018
  4. CMD off after 1 second

Does this happen only if you try to run CMD as admin? Or does it also if you run it without admin?

Can you start CMD from Task Manager->File->Run new task?

PolarNettles, Jan 20, 2018
  5. Berton Win User
    This may not apply but I've seen times when trying to run the Command Prompt where the icon stayed on the Taskbar but the window didn't appear to be open. Checking the bottom of the icon on the Taskbar would show a blue bar under it so I knew it most likely was open but just hiding behind other windows on the desktop. Minimizing or closing the other windows brought it into view.

Berton, Jan 20, 2018
  6. lffoar Win User
    Funny thing, just tried and it did show up on the task bar so I closed down my browser and the CMD screen was there for maybe 5-10 seconds then poof, gone. But.....it's not the proper screen, no task bar or writing, just a box with a cursor flashing. The icon on the taskbar was also odd, here's a snip

Polar......same result either way admin or me.
    CMD off after 1 second [​IMG]

lffoar, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

CMD off after 1 second

1. CMD off after 1 second - Similar Threads - CMD off second

2. CMD window flashes for a 1/4 second and is gone. Prevents sleep.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    CMD window flashes for a 1/4 second and is gone. Prevents sleep.: I have spent 2 months trying to resove a problem.The issue... A cmd window opens and closes so fast its more like a flicker. It always opens on top of other programs. It prevent the computer from going into sleep.What I have tried so far... Nothing has fixed the issue.I have...
  3. CMD and PowerShell Closing after a couple of seconds, CMD and Powershell closing.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    CMD and PowerShell Closing after a couple of seconds, CMD and Powershell closing.: My Laptop is fine i didnt download any viruses, Didnt mess with system files nor modify it. After a normal restart, A message that pops up for half a second saying "This app wont work on this computer" Or something like that The messages appears and disappears too fast its...
  4. CMD and PowerShell Closing after a couple of seconds, CMD and Powershell closing.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    CMD and PowerShell Closing after a couple of seconds, CMD and Powershell closing.: My Laptop is fine i didnt download any viruses, Didnt mess with system files nor modify it. After a normal restart, A message that pops up for half a second saying "This app wont work on this computer" Or something like that The messages appears and disappears too fast its...
  5. CMD and PowerShell Closing after a couple of seconds, CMD and Powershell closing.

in Windows 10 Customization
  6. CMD and PowerShell Closing after a couple of seconds

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    CMD and PowerShell Closing after a couple of seconds: My pc is fine i didnt download any viruses, Didnt mess with system files nor modify it. After a normal restart, A message that pops up for half a second saying "This app wont work on this computer" Or something like that The messages appears and disappears too fast its hard...
  7. CMD and PowerShell Closing after a couple of seconds

in Windows 10 Gaming
    CMD and PowerShell Closing after a couple of seconds: My pc is fine i didnt download any viruses, Didnt mess with system files nor modify it. After a normal restart, A message that pops up for half a second saying "This app wont work on this computer" Or something like that The messages appears and disappears too fast its hard...
  8. CMD and PowerShell Closing after a couple of seconds

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  9. TURN ON AND OFF AFTER A SECOND

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    TURN ON AND OFF AFTER A SECOND: Hello I have a acer aspire v3-571G when I try to open my laptop I hear the fan spinning but after a second between 1-5 second it goes off my laptop shut down. I thought it was dc jack issue since I have broken dc but I change it but the problem still exist and even got worse...
  10. Taskbar thumbnails turn off after 1 second

in Windows 10 Support
    Taskbar thumbnails turn off after 1 second: I keep several programs active most of the time. This is indicated by a bar under the icon. Mousing the icon of the currently open program window shows a thumbnail view of the current window(s), which stays visible until moving away. However, mousing the other icons shows a...