Windows 10: CMD on startup stuck at "verifying security descriptors"

Discus and support CMD on startup stuck at "verifying security descriptors" in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hey guys, Recently my laptop gone nuts, it lags at times and the final time I restarted it, it engages system repair mode. Me and my wife tried... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Fadzli HMD, Mar 24, 2019.

1. CMD on startup stuck at "verifying security descriptors"

Hey guys,

Recently my laptop gone nuts, it lags at times and the final time I restarted it, it engages system repair mode. Me and my wife tried several repair methods from everywhere we can find just to recover our files from being wiped out. But now we are stuck at:

Stage 3: Verifying Security Descriptors

This line is the last one appearing at cmd for several hours since morning at 9 up until now, 5:30pm with no any following commands.

Last few weeks we sent my PC to where we bought it but the technical team gave their immediate conclusions; the HDD is corrupted and cannot be recovered without any further action to inspect and analyze the problem. Instead, they recommend us to buy a new HDD at BND115.

If the HDD is corrupted, why does the chkdsk tool still can read the values inside the HDD and state the available space remaining?

Acer E 15, 2017

1TB HDD, 4GB RAM

Nvidia 940MX 2GB

Windows 10

In my past experince dealing with crappy computers back in 2009, i never encountered this problem as severe as this with computers as slow as Fujitsu or Aspire One. So I assuume, the only thing that affects the whole system is the OS. So my theory is, my data still can be saved.

Back to the cmd problem, what can i do with this? Can i close the chkdsk cmd window? Or it may corrupt my data. Or type something on the cmd?

Thanks,

Fadzli HMD,

PC noob since 2009.

:)

Fadzli HMD, Mar 24, 2019
  2. Avedis53 Win User

Can't get GPU-Z to start with Windows 8.1 startup

I'm not sure how to do that. Could you list the steps for a noob?

Avedis53, Mar 24, 2019
  3. EdTittel Win User
    a request for device descriptor request failed

Maybe it's time to step back from the current efforts, and start over. I suggest you read over this excellent tutorial and try all of its steps: [Solved] Unknown USB Device (Device Descriptor Request Failed) for Windows 10 - Driver Easy. The one that may provide you with some easy relief is the one where you uninstall the device whose descriptor is failing, reboot, and see what happens when device enumeration recurs during boot-up. If you're lucky, it will fix itself.
    HTH,
    --Ed--

EdTittel, Mar 24, 2019
  4. titan5800 Win User

CMD on startup stuck at "verifying security descriptors"

a request for device descriptor request failed

my bios is and custom unlocked bios (latest version) (thanks to Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source ) because of lenovo hardware whitlist maybe thats causing the problem???

titan5800, Mar 24, 2019
Thema:

CMD on startup stuck at "verifying security descriptors"

1. CMD on startup stuck at "verifying security descriptors" - Similar Threads - CMD startup stuck

2. Windows 10: Stuck in startup repair for accessing cmd

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10: Stuck in startup repair for accessing cmd: i saw a youtube video where the guy uses cmd to delete som recent drives and other stuff that could help for my "Inaccessible boot device" problem. It ask for my password for this account and the password is right but it says it's wrong and i don't know what to do.login for...
  3. Windows 10: Stuck in startup repair for accessing cmd

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10: Stuck in startup repair for accessing cmd: i saw a youtube video where the guy uses cmd to delete som recent drives and other stuff that could help for my "Inaccessible boot device" problem. It ask for my password for this account and the password is right but it says it's wrong and i don't know what to do.login for...
  4. Windows 10: Stuck in startup repair for accessing cmd

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. chkdsk in cmd stuck?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    chkdsk in cmd stuck?: Hello!I've encountered a problem with my sd card which I use for my phone, saying it's corrupted suddenly, haven't had problems before, so I decided to try and salvage it without formatting the card. I've successfully made a backup on my laptop, and tried running chkdsk over...
  6. chkdsk in cmd stuck?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    chkdsk in cmd stuck?: Hello!I've encountered a problem with my sd card which I use for my phone, saying it's corrupted suddenly, haven't had problems before, so I decided to try and salvage it without formatting the card. I've successfully made a backup on my laptop, and tried running chkdsk over...
  7. security certificate not verified.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    security certificate not verified.: I use outlook for my emails. When I send the first email of the day a dialogue box appears stating that the server I am connected to is using a security certificate that cannot be verified. It states the target principal name is incorrect. Is this a problem with my system...
  8. Stuck at cmd

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Stuck at cmd: After PC is booted, everything is normal all the way to just before desktop. It shows a blacked screen with only the cmd. In the cmd, it shows c:/windows/system32. Pressing enter will just repeat the same line. Found out online I could type Explorer.exe and desktop will...
  9. CMD on startup

in Windows 10 Customization
    CMD on startup: so when I start up my computer and log in and after a few minutes the CMD will open up and then it will copy itself until I close the main one by the time I close it there are about 50 CMD boxes I don't know how to fix it...
  10. Windowshelper.exe cmd on startup

in Windows 10 Support
    Windowshelper.exe cmd on startup: I need help on how to solve my problem on computer. At startup there is always something that pop-ups at my desktop. The program name is windowshelper.exe and is located at C:\ProgramData\Windows. I wonder if this is some DarkComet RAT thing because I downloaded cracked...