Windows 10: CMD opens and cloeses

Discus and support CMD opens and cloeses in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; The CMD opens and closes within seconds everyday at 2:00pm, so I know there's a scheduled task occuring. How am I able to figure out what task is... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Captain Decky, Feb 14, 2021.

1. CMD opens and cloeses

The CMD opens and closes within seconds everyday at 2:00pm, so I know there's a scheduled task occuring. How am I able to figure out what task is running at 2?

:)

Captain Decky, Feb 14, 2021
  2. angus Win User

Settings can't be opened using the built-in administrator account

Hello,
    Unfortunately I have the same issue as Dabz from upgrading win7 to win10.
    I've tried opening settings using all the suggested methods and it will not load using my account with Administrator access nor the built-in Administrator profile. I also tried other methods not listed such as using Run. Control panel is just a stepping stone to add users in Settings.
    I'm also having explorer.exe issues, which I believe is preventing Settings from loading.
    Using cmd (Admin) I successfully created a new user profile [and granted admin access also using cmd (Admin)], however win10 will not allow this account to log on. win10 does not list this new user within control panel but it does in the start menu. win10 will not allow to log in or switch to the new account via the start menu either.
    I can access settings in Safe Mode but this will not allow me to create a new account.
    Any help/suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
    Cheers

angus, Feb 14, 2021
  3. windows 100 app store wont open

Hi Craig,

I would suggest you to follow these steps and check if it helps:

Open an Administrator CMD window. If you can’t find a way, use these steps:

• Press CTRL+Shift+ESC to open Task Manager.
    • Click File > Run New Task
    • Make sure you have a check mark beside “Create this task with administrative privileges
    • Type CMD
    • Type the following commands at the CMD prompt:

dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth

sfc /scannnow

Let us know the results.

Rohit Siddegowda, Feb 14, 2021
  4. CMD opens and cloeses

Can't open .exe files anymore and can't open cmd or regedit

Hi,

I would highly suggest you to follow the steps mentioned in this article step by step:

CMD not working
    . Please reply if the issue still persists after this CMD opens and cloeses :).

Melik TechBuddy, Feb 14, 2021
Thema:

CMD opens and cloeses

1. CMD opens and cloeses - Similar Threads - CMD opens cloeses

2. CMD not opening

in Windows 10 Gaming
    CMD not opening: I am not able to open CMD, i have tried multiple fixes online but nothing really workedI am running on Windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cmd-not-opening/fc3d4904-0d2d-4f26-8b4c-d66593d49207
  3. CMD not opening

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    CMD not opening: I am not able to open CMD, i have tried multiple fixes online but nothing really workedI am running on Windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cmd-not-opening/fc3d4904-0d2d-4f26-8b4c-d66593d49207
  4. CMD not opening

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Open CMD as admin

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Open CMD as admin: Hi all,I want to run a batch file that opens a command window as admin and then changes the directory to a specific one.Please help.After that - I wish the cmd will stay open for me to write commands. Meaning - I do not wish the cmd window to close.Guy...
  6. Open CMD as admin

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Open CMD as admin: Hi all,I want to run a batch file that opens a command window as admin and then changes the directory to a specific one.Please help.After that - I wish the cmd will stay open for me to write commands. Meaning - I do not wish the cmd window to close.Guy...
  7. cmd not opening

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    cmd not opening: Hello guys. I got a burning question about command prompt that has disturbed me for the better part of this week.My cmd had been working well until a few days ago when it could just blink, but not open. I have tried so many options, including creating shortcuts and going...
  8. CMD NOT OPENING

in Windows 10 Customization
    CMD NOT OPENING: So im trying to opn my cmd but everytime it opens it closes within 3 seconds...i tried to create a new environment path...didnt worked. tried sfc /scannow in powershell..didnt found any missing files....what should i do then?...
  9. run,cmd not opening

in Windows 10 Customization
    run,cmd not opening: i opened my start menu and in that i opened windows system in which there is no run and cmd options only taskmanager is present hoe to re insall run and cmd...
  10. CMD Randomly opens..

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    CMD Randomly opens..: Hey guys, So I just reformatted my PC and did a fresh install of windows 10 as my computer was running into some issues. The install went fine I reinstalled all of the computers drivers from the manufacturers website. My computer is custom built, so I had to go around to...