Windows 10: CMD opens randomly as I try to move files.

Discus and support CMD opens randomly as I try to move files. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Is this a normal process of windows when moving files but this time is showed the application. Thank you for your help! Edit: I was moving Hearthstone... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/AquaTCG, Jul 4, 2020.

1. CMD opens randomly as I try to move files.

Is this a normal process of windows when moving files but this time is showed the application. Thank you for your help! Edit: I was moving Hearthstone to a games folder I had made.

submitted by /u/AquaTCG
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/AquaTCG, Jul 4, 2020

2. Windows and CMD- renaming a file in CMD

Steps I've done

Here what happens

• turn on PC

• start windows

• get blue screen ( message NTFS file)

• it reboots returns to diagnosing PC

• Diagnose and repair fails

• I move to advance options

• will not reset windows , I click on CMD

things I've tried
    commands:

reagentc /disable

reagentc /enable

*************************FAILED
    not recognized

Please advise

RandallBrock, Jul 4, 2020
  3. Ketxxx Win User
    opening .dds files with gimp

Simply, HOW? I got the DDS plugin but the POS wont open DDS files still. Can someone give me a step-by-step rundown of how to install the DDS plugin for gimp so I know if I'm missing something?

Ketxxx, Jul 4, 2020
  4. CMD opens randomly as I try to move files.

Can't open or rename file (name is too long) WTF?

Thread necro...

When in doubt, use CMD.

1. Run CMD
    2. Use CD <path> to navigate to the directory where the file exists.
    3. Use the DIR command to get the list of files. DIR will likely abbreviate the ridiculously long named file with NAME~1.
    4. Use the MOVE <source> <destination> to give the file a new name. For example: move "NAME~1" "MyShortName"
    5. ...
    6. PROFIT!

CMD is always the answer. *Wink CMD opens randomly as I try to move files. ;)

FordGT90Concept, Jul 4, 2020
Thema:

CMD opens randomly as I try to move files.

1. CMD opens randomly as I try to move files. - Similar Threads - CMD opens randomly

2. Random cmd window opening

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Random cmd window opening: About once a day, a random cmd window opens for about half a second. Then a random chrome tab opens up. The parts blurred out is my last name from my windows profile thing.I have tried the microsoft safety scanner many times and there are 0 threats....
  3. Random CMD prompt opens randomly and closes.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Random CMD prompt opens randomly and closes.: For the past couple of months before I installed windows 11 and was on windows 10 a cmd prompt would open, interrupt Fullscreen then close a second later. The name of the cmd prompt was a file directory to something in my AppData folder but checking for the file it doesn't...
  4. Random CMD prompt opens randomly and closes.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Random CMD prompt opens randomly and closes.: For the past couple of months before I installed windows 11 and was on windows 10 a cmd prompt would open, interrupt Fullscreen then close a second later. The name of the cmd prompt was a file directory to something in my AppData folder but checking for the file it doesn't...
  5. CMD and Powershell randomly opening and closing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    CMD and Powershell randomly opening and closing: I was playing a game and out of nowhere my game tabbed out and cmd flashed open and closed immediately and seconds later PowerShell did the same thing. I thought nothing of it so I kept playing and then it kept happening after every game. I haven't updated anything and i...
  6. CMD and Powershell randomly opening and closing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    CMD and Powershell randomly opening and closing: I was playing a game and out of nowhere my game tabbed out and cmd flashed open and closed immediately and seconds later PowerShell did the same thing. I thought nothing of it so I kept playing and then it kept happening after every game. I haven't updated anything and i...
  7. random cmd prompt keeps opening

random cmd prompt keeps opening: So when I'm using the computer minding my own business a random cmd prompt keeps opening with nothing written on it at the link on top of it it says the usual cmd prompt but then it says something like nutdsr I think so i will try to post a screenshot of it if I can. I'm just...
  8. File explorer opens when I try to open CMD

File explorer opens when I try to open CMD: The title is pretty self-explanatory but I'll repeat it. When I type cmd in the windows search bar I get a small window that pops down really quick. After that file explorer opens up. when I press WIN+R and type in CMD it does the same. When I open cmd with powershell I do...
  9. Moving files in RecycleBin with cmd

in Windows 10 Customization
    Moving files in RecycleBin with cmd: I have a disk with windows 10 that won't boot, I managed to move most my important files with the command prompt to my D: drive, there are few files that were in the recycle bin not deleted but I couldn't move/copy them with cmd, what is the command to do so? I only managed...
  10. CMD Randomly opens..

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    CMD Randomly opens..: Hey guys, So I just reformatted my PC and did a fresh install of windows 10 as my computer was running into some issues. The install went fine I reinstalled all of the computers drivers from the manufacturers website. My computer is custom built, so I had to go around to...