Windows 10: CMD popping up when starting

Discus and support CMD popping up when starting in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hi guys. Sometimes when I boot up my PC the CMD pops up very quickly (doesnt happen everytime).Could it be some type of malware or is it normal?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Henriferz, Jun 1, 2024.

1. CMD popping up when starting

Hi guys. Sometimes when I boot up my PC the CMD pops up very quickly (doesnt happen everytime).Could it be some type of malware or is it normal?

submitted by /u/Henriferz
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Henriferz, Jun 1, 2024

2. CMD pop up

Just recently CMD has popped up at start up. Flashes on for a few seconds, no message, its blank.

I have tried all the suggestions on line, even stopping Microsoft services that seems to work but gets rid of on screen caps indication.

Running Windows 10 on a Acer laptop. Recent updates include Microsoft and Display adapter.

Any suggestions that I have not tried already would be appreciated ?

RossWilliamson, Jun 1, 2024
  3. CMD pop up

Hello Lee

Thank you for your suggestions.

I only had one program running in start up, I disabled it and rebooted to no effect, CMD still popped up.

I know I can stop it by your second reccommendation but that cancels out some Microsoft services like caps lock screen notification. How do I work through what Microsoft service is causing the problem ?

RossWilliamson, Jun 1, 2024
  4. nicpo Win User

CMD popping up when starting

Bitsjobs cmd prompt random pop ups

Hi all,

After an attack of intrusive software which I have now resolved I keep getting command prompt popping up for a split second. I managed to capture the command with a screen recorder and slow motion play back..

After reading a thread from 2014 on here I followed the advice given and tried to list the jobs but it reads listed jobs 0.

Any advice. this pop up is driving me crazy!

CMD popping up when starting 95610d1485970509t-bitsjobs-cmd-prompt-random-pop-ups-cmdpromptpopup.jpg

CMD popping up when starting 95611d1485970509t-bitsjobs-cmd-prompt-random-pop-ups-bitsadminnojob.jpg

nicpo, Jun 1, 2024
Thema:

CMD popping up when starting

1. CMD popping up when starting - Similar Threads - CMD popping starting

2. CMD pops up at startup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    CMD pops up at startup: Split from this thread. Same for me, I used Avast which is known to have stopped almost every virus on earth, it doesn't detect any threats even though every time I start up, CMD opens completely empty and all my apps start running for 5 seconds then closing....
  3. Blank cmd pops up?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Blank cmd pops up?: When my laptop is in charging, suddenly blank cmd pops up. It restart the google chrome and set the default search as bing. I have updated the drivers and window but still the problem continues...
  4. Cmd pop up

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Cmd pop up: Hi, This is Nishant on this side. I am facing an issue regarding the cmd pop-up. As I plug in my power cable to my laptop the cmd pop-ups and disappears immediately and this is happening for the past 2 or 3 weeks. Is there any kind of virus or malware making this problem or...
  5. CMD pops up on start-up and frequently after that

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    CMD pops up on start-up and frequently after that: Hello everyone, a CMD with some script keeps running every time I start up my laptop Dell XPS 15, 7590. Not just that, but the CMD window popups up every a certain minute probably 20-30min. I did a deep scan with antiviruses, also with Malware removal. But nothing was...
  6. CMD pops up on start-up

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    CMD pops up on start-up: Hi all, I was just wondering why my cmd pops up on start up for a split second, then disappear immediately. I have tried to disable start-ups on my task manager and the cmd command sfc/scannow but the cmd still pops up when i boot my computer. Any help is appreciated, thanks!...
  7. Cmd pop up

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Cmd pop up: [ATTACH] [ATTACH] This pop up appears after fresh install and reboot should I be worried? I don't know what the command line is in the 2nd cmd https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cmd-pop-up/d24ee170-f6c4-46fa-9ddc-a07e2373477b
  8. CMD pop up

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    CMD pop up: Just recently CMD has popped up at start up. Flashes on for a few seconds, no message, its blank. I have tried all the suggestions on line, even stopping Microsoft services that seems to work but gets rid of on screen caps indication. Running Windows 10 on a Acer laptop....
  9. Windows cmd pop up randomly (usually on start)

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows cmd pop up randomly (usually on start): [ATTACH] Hello, I have some pop up who appeared randomly (usually sometimes between 0 or 2 minutes after the start) It appeared really fast and close very fast I have an anti virus and my windows is up to date I also had disabled every app that can launch at startup...
  10. (cmd-like black) Boxes popping up when W10 apps started

in Windows 10 Customization
    (cmd-like black) Boxes popping up when W10 apps started: Hi. W10 in tablet mode on Linx. When starting W10 apps (specifically Mail or Edge) get multiple square black boxes - look a bit like cmd boxes- popping up (about 2 or 3inch square); this stops and they close after about 20secs. Logo that goes with then (top-right-hand...