Windows 10: CMD Prompt Cannot Find exe That Certainly Exists

Discus and support CMD Prompt Cannot Find exe That Certainly Exists in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I'm trying to create a batch file to open to applications, Spotify and Rainmeter, simultaneously. Spotify is, well, obviously a music player and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by foxtrot1014, Sep 3, 2017.

1. CMD Prompt Cannot Find exe That Certainly Exists

I'm trying to create a batch file to open to applications, Spotify and Rainmeter, simultaneously. Spotify is, well, obviously a music player and rainmeter is an app that runs plugins, in this case I use it to display a visualizer and metadata on the TV in my living room.

I always always always launch both Spotify and Rainmeter at the same time, so I figured I'd find a way to do it with the click of a single button.

I found a tutorial on line that shows how to create a batch file, but I'm running into issues.

Here's my .bat:

Code: @echo off cd C:\Program Files\Rainmeter\ start rainmeter.exe cd D:\Users\Alec J Brock\AppData\Roaming\Spotify start spotify.exe exit[/quote] This opens Spotify just fine (though it took some deviation from the tutorial, such as removing the slash at the end of "D:\... ...Spotify").

Rainmeter will not launch. I run the .bat and Spotify launches, but I get a dialog box that says "Windows cannot find 'rainmeter.exe'. Make sure you typed the name correctly, then try again.

I definitely typed the name correctly, but I tried use an uppercase R, dropping .exe, and all other combinations as well as using and not using double quotes around rainmeter.exe and the filepaths. No success.

I tried doing things a bit more manually by opening a command prompt, CDing to C:/Program Files/Rainmeter/ then running "start rainmeter.exe"--I get the same dialog box saying that no rainmeter.exe cannot be found. I get the same dialog if I try to start SkinInstaller.exe or uninst.exe (other executables in the same directory).

I've also tried running the .bat as an admin. All with no results.

So what gives? Why does command prompt seem unable to locate executables in this directory?

:)

foxtrot1014, Sep 3, 2017

2. Command prompt (Cmd. exe) command-line string limitation in Windows 10

Hi,

Whilst using the cmd.exe in Windows 10 I received the following error message:

error: Command length (142) exceeds maximum size (64)

Can anyone please explain why I may be getting this error?

Thanks

Eric

eric7777777, Sep 3, 2017
  3. Command prompt (Cmd. exe) command-line string limitation in Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

Since your query is regarding Command prompt error,it would be better if you contact the dedicated TechNet net team to resolve the issue.

Please click the link given below which helps you to redirect to TechNet forum, where you can post your query.

Technet forums - Windows 10 General

Hope the information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Sep 3, 2017
  4. CMD Prompt Cannot Find exe That Certainly Exists

Code: start "" "C:\Program Files\Rainmeter\rainmeter.exe" start "" "D:\Users\Alec J Brock\AppData\Roaming\Spotify\spotify.exe"[/quote]

TairikuOkami, Sep 3, 2017
  5. bro67 Win User
    Pull up Explorer and look in Program and Program86 folders. Also the Rainmeter program will eat up valuable CPU resources. It should be set as a task, not to have it automatically start at the same time as the other.

bro67, Sep 3, 2017
  6. Berton Win User
    Shouldn't Rainmeter be in either C:\Program Files Folder or C:\Program Files x86 Folder rather than in the AppData Folder. Or is it installed on a drive or partition other than the one Windows is on? With a smallish C: partition I install most programs now on D: without using C:\Program Files Folder or C:\Program Files x86 Folder, just their own such as D:\Corel for WordPerfect.

C:\Program Files is for 32-bit programs running on 32-bit Windows while C:\Program Files is used with programs on 64-bit Windows along with C:\Program Files x86 for 32-bit programs running on 64-bit Windows.

Berton, Sep 4, 2017
  7. Rainmeter uses a tiny amount of resources on my PCs (~30 MB and 0.4% CPU).

lehnerus2000, Sep 4, 2017
  8. CMD Prompt Cannot Find exe That Certainly Exists

[/quote] Thank you a thousand times over! This works perfectly. The other solution I found appeared a bit convoluted to start; when I came up with the desire to launch the two programs, I figured it would look something like this, a lot more basic. I'm pretty handy with Windows, but not so much cmd or bat type things--

can you explain why you have the pair of double quotes between start and the filepath?

Again, thank you!

bro67--what are you running in rainmeter? I would assume the amount of resources rainmeter requires varies depending on what you're doing. I'm using it only to display Spotify's current track/artist as well as a spectrum analyzer on my living room TV. I've got the analyzer set in a way that probably uses as many resources as a spectrum analyzer could (100 bars, responsive from 10Hz-20kHz, high refresh rate...). As is, my rainmeter setup is currently consuming less than 1% of my CPU and 18.7MB of RAM. Even with my not-so-high-end Pentium G3250, I can run AutoCAD, Rhino (with an accurate model of my home down to the joists and studs), Spotify and rainmeter without issue.

Rainmeter is in C:\Program Files. Spotify is installed in the App Data folder on D:\. Much to my shegrin, Spotify doesn't give you the option (I'm sure there's a way) to install where you choose. All of my programs (for the most part) are on C:\ along with my boot files, Windows files, etc. I use D:\ for libraries and Spotify decided that's where it should live.

foxtrot1014, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

CMD Prompt Cannot Find exe That Certainly Exists

1. CMD Prompt Cannot Find exe That Certainly Exists - Similar Threads - CMD Prompt Cannot

2. CMD Prompt

in Windows 10 Gaming
    CMD Prompt: Hi,I have several strange things happening recently. I am running Windows 11 and have not had a problem until the last week or so. I tried running DISM and SFC but I can't launch the Command Prompt with Admin rights from Search. It seems to launch via Task Manager but the App...
  3. Windows Cannot find CMD

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Cannot find CMD: When I try to run cmd it gives me this error, Windows cannot find cmd... Went to the folder to find cmd and it is missing. Cannot run RegEditor either. Tried all the quick fixes from google search and keep running into this error....
  4. cannot run an exe file in CMD administrator

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    cannot run an exe file in CMD administrator: From exe file property ===> check: Run this program as an administrator open cmd: run as adminitrator type cd ==> enter C:\Users\MYNAME\Downloads\Programs\Apps\Viber Setup ==> Enter ===> 'C:\Users\MYNAME' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable...
  5. cannot run an exe file in CMD asministrator

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    cannot run an exe file in CMD asministrator: From exe file property ===> check: Run this program as an administrator open cmd: run as adminitrator type cd ==> enter C:\Users\MYNAME\Downloads\Programs\Apps\Viber Setup ==> Enter ===> 'C:\Users\MYNAME' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable...
  6. Cmd prompt and cmd prompt csscript.exe

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Cmd prompt and cmd prompt csscript.exe: Hello Lovely people,Im from the Netherlands so my english isnt that very good,But couple of days when i start my up i got an cmd prompt but its empty so it doesnt say anything it stays a few sec and then it goes away and then i get the cmd prompt but with cscript.exe and then...
  7. CMD Prompt returns "The system cannot find the file specified" in "Documents" but it is there!

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    CMD Prompt returns "The system cannot find the file specified" in "Documents" but it is there!: I am trying to copy a file in my Documents folder using the CMD Prompt, however it returns an error "The system cannot find the file specified". This was part of an automated backup batch file which ran under the task scheduler every week, but stopped working after a recent...
  8. Cannot run .exe files, cmd (admin)

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Cannot run .exe files, cmd (admin): Hi! I tried to install a program to recover some lost pictures from an android phone. Later on some error popped up basically saying I couldn’t install the program. I’ve since then deleted the installer exe file. For some reason nothing was working so i force shutdown my...
  9. Cmd prompt

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Cmd prompt: My cmd prompt isn't opening for my file (use for Minecraft modding) The option doesn't even show up to use it all that shows up is powershell https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cmd-prompt/5f084111-fa7d-4cdd-b450-68c430dcd7b0
  10. cmd prompt and its related exe files not working

in Windows 10 Customization
    cmd prompt and its related exe files not working: i have problem with my cmd prompt not working its disappearing after some seconds, i have done path change to c:\windows\syswow64\ but still not find cmd working for me and same thing flashing and disappearing..........plz advise...