Windows 10: Cmd Prompt not switching drives/directories nor listing net use in elevated mode only...

Discus and support Cmd Prompt not switching drives/directories nor listing net use in elevated mode only... in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hello,I just did a fresh clean reinstall of W11 Pro due to a ton of problems, many of which are resolved. The BIGGEST reason I did the fresh reinstall... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Princess Wonder Woman, Apr 19, 2024.

1. Cmd Prompt not switching drives/directories nor listing net use in elevated mode only...

Hello,I just did a fresh clean reinstall of W11 Pro due to a ton of problems, many of which are resolved. The BIGGEST reason I did the fresh reinstall was because of one particular problem which is STILL baffling me.Providing screenshots of everythingThe command prompt is not working properly when running in Elevated Admin mode for the following basic operations. It will NOT change drives/directories at all reports it can't see the drive no matter what command variation I use to change the directory and ALSO reports "No Entries In List" for net use again in elevated mode but it WILL do t

:)

Princess Wonder Woman, Apr 19, 2024

2. Invalid switch - "/elevate".

Hi,

Elevate isn't a switch. Elevated cmd means running it as admin privileges.

Type cmd in the search, right-click it and choose Run as administrator. This opens an elevated command prompt.

Sumit - Insider MVP, Apr 19, 2024
  3. Cannot open cmd prompt in admin mode

I am using win 10 pro. My initial problem is I cannot display list of wifi networks. I cannot open cmd prompt in admin mode. I've used all the trouble shooting steps on this site and nothing works. Short of throwing this PC out the window is there anything
    else I can try?

MichaelnEvans, Apr 19, 2024
  4. Frn747 Win User

Cmd Prompt not switching drives/directories nor listing net use in elevated mode only...

Network drive not showing in elevated apps

Hi everybody,

I am using W10 Home and I have just done a clean install and I am in the process of customizing the system to my needs.

The problem I step into is this:
    I connected a new network drive from within Windows Explorer and if I open:
    - Command prompt window: Drive exist and it is listed by NET USE
    - Admin command prompt window: Drive DOESN'T exist and it is NOT listed by NET USE

I also use FreeCommander. When I launch it the UAC asks for my confirmation and the network drive doesn't show either.

I know it sounds stupid but I can't figure out what happens... *Confused

Thanks!

Frn747, Apr 19, 2024
Thema:

Cmd Prompt not switching drives/directories nor listing net use in elevated mode only...

1. Cmd Prompt not switching drives/directories nor listing net use in elevated mode only... - Similar Threads - Cmd Prompt switching

2. CMD prompt language use

in Windows 10 Gaming
    CMD prompt language use: Hi I had updated my OS laptop from win 8.1 to win 10Then I preferred to getting back win 8.1 as it was quick and easy useBut when I did the progress, I was asked to prepair my PCThis pop-up is by Russian language and even when was selected CMD prompt is by Russian language...
  3. CMD prompt language use

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    CMD prompt language use: Hi I had updated my OS laptop from win 8.1 to win 10Then I preferred to getting back win 8.1 as it was quick and easy useBut when I did the progress, I was asked to prepair my PCThis pop-up is by Russian language and even when was selected CMD prompt is by Russian language...
  4. Cmd Prompt not switching drives/directories nor listing net use in elevated mode only...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cmd Prompt not switching drives/directories nor listing net use in elevated mode only...: Hello,I just did a fresh clean reinstall of W11 Pro due to a ton of problems, many of which are resolved. The BIGGEST reason I did the fresh reinstall was because of one particular problem which is STILL baffling me.Providing screenshots of everythingThe command prompt is not...
  5. Using Restore Point Only Listed in Command Prompt

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Using Restore Point Only Listed in Command Prompt: Good Evening, I am using Windows Version 20H2 (OS Build 19042.746). I've read through the tutorials on how to access and perform System Restores. However, I am having an issue selecting the Restore Point that is desired. It does not appear on the Restore program in Windows,...
  6. Can't run CMD Prompt in ADMIN (Elevated) Mode - Clicking on RUN as ADMIN- Nothing happening...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't run CMD Prompt in ADMIN (Elevated) Mode - Clicking on RUN as ADMIN- Nothing happening...: Hi, This is ticking me off! Nothing happens when I run CMD Prompt and Click on RUN as ADMIN- Nothing happening when RUN as ADMIN selected. What the heck is wrong? Thanks TekDiva...
  7. How to elevate to administrator from Cmd prompt?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to elevate to administrator from Cmd prompt?: I'm having difficulties with Windows repair disk not repairing my MBR. I've tried different starup disks and nothing is working! My only hope at this point is to use command prompt to repair it, but I am not sure how I can elevate to administrator! I've tried the runas...
  8. Get elevated command prompt to open in my user directory

in Windows 10 Support
    Get elevated command prompt to open in my user directory: I changed Command Prompt on my Taskbar so when I click on it, it opens as Administrator. That sets the default directory as C:\WINDOWS\system32 which I don't like, since any files I create that do not have a path specified will be created there. I want it to open in my...
  9. cmd Scripts ask for elevated prompt

in Windows 10 Support
    cmd Scripts ask for elevated prompt: Hello, again *Smile I made a script to run a mmc console for de "Users & Computers of the domain" (DSA.EXE) Code: @Echo Off C:\Windows\System32\runas.exe /netonly /user:domain\user "mmc dsa.msc"[/quote] It was working fine until I ran into this issue : Erreur de...
  10. Switch to non-elevated program from elevated prompt

in Windows 10 Support
    Switch to non-elevated program from elevated prompt: Hi, I use an administrative mode (elevated) command prompt to maneuver through most of my day. I have a code editor (in this case, Crimson Editor) open at all times, and when I need to edit a file quickly, I simply type cedt <filename> at the command prompt. What is...