Windows 10: CMD Prompt & System Restore

Discus and support CMD Prompt & System Restore in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello, Does anyone know if performing a system restore will revert the property settings for CMD prompt. For an example If i make CMD prompt run as... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Karanza725, Feb 11, 2019.

1. CMD Prompt & System Restore

Hello,

Does anyone know if performing a system restore will revert the property settings for CMD prompt. For an example If i make CMD prompt run as an admin every time I open it, would I have to tick the "Run as Administrator" box again after I do a system restore?

When I'm referring to the properties window for CMD prompt, I'm not talking about the one where you can change the font, colors, and layout. I'm talking about the one with the General, Shortcut, Options, and other additional tabs under properties.

On Windows 10, This option can be found under Properties ->Advanced -> The box where it says "Run as Administrator" and at the bottom it says the following: "This option allows you to run this shortcut as an administrator, while protecting your computer from unauthorized activity"

I'm wondering whether or not system restore would have an effect on this setting and if I need to go back and check that box again after performing system restore to an earlier date.

Also does this apply/effect the property settings of all Windows Executable files (including CMD) after a system restore has taken place?

I know there is a lot of information here but your help is greatly appreciated CMD Prompt & System Restore :) Thank you in advance for your help!

:)

Karanza725, Feb 11, 2019
  2. Paola Gar Win User

Cmd prompt (admin)

Rick,

If you wish your device to go back to it's previous OS, we suggest performing a
    System Restore. Here's how:

• Press and hold the Power button of your PC.
    • Press F11.
    • After pressing F11, you'll see the Choose an option window.
    • On the Choose an option window, click Troubleshoot.
    • Select Advanced options.
    • Choose System Restore.

After doing the following steps, your PC will now perform a System Restore.

Tell us what would be the result.

Paola Gar, Feb 11, 2019
  3. dalchina Win User
    Windows 10 1709 System Restore problems...

That seems to be an attempt at Option 2 in the tutorial, which requires you to
    a. Boot to a command prompt (Did you?)
    b. You then seem to be mixing steps 3,4 and 5, thus your command is incorrect.

I suggest Option 1 is easier.

If you still have problems, please repost listing each specific step and saying which option from the tutorial you are using. Thanks.

dalchina, Feb 11, 2019
  4. BoPilot Win User

CMD Prompt & System Restore

Low ping from cmd prompt high ping in game

Now the ping times are normal again 35ms-38ms cmd prompt 41ms from pingtest site. Just tested it 20min ago with 0 bandwidth usage on the router's monitor and got 35-38ms cmd prompt 160-350ms from 3 different ping test sites. As far as I can tell its completely random, the cmd prompt latency numbers are always same.

I can live with this, I have for a long time now. I just want to make some sense of it.

BoPilot, Feb 11, 2019
Thema:

CMD Prompt & System Restore

1. CMD Prompt & System Restore - Similar Threads - CMD Prompt System

2. CMD prompt

in Windows 10 Gaming
    CMD prompt: My user account is KENNETH\Local Account\Administrator.When I try to use CMD and open as administrator, it does not open as system32, but shows C:\Users\Administrator.Help please....
  3. CMD prompt

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    CMD prompt: My user account is KENNETH\Local Account\Administrator.When I try to use CMD and open as administrator, it does not open as system32, but shows C:\Users\Administrator.Help please....
  4. CMD prompt

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. CMD Prompt

in Windows 10 Gaming
    CMD Prompt: Hi,I have several strange things happening recently. I am running Windows 11 and have not had a problem until the last week or so. I tried running DISM and SFC but I can't launch the Command Prompt with Admin rights from Search. It seems to launch via Task Manager but the App...
  6. CMD Prompt

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    CMD Prompt: Hi,I have several strange things happening recently. I am running Windows 11 and have not had a problem until the last week or so. I tried running DISM and SFC but I can't launch the Command Prompt with Admin rights from Search. It seems to launch via Task Manager but the App...
  7. Cmd prompt and cmd prompt csscript.exe

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Cmd prompt and cmd prompt csscript.exe: Hello Lovely people,Im from the Netherlands so my english isnt that very good,But couple of days when i start my up i got an cmd prompt but its empty so it doesnt say anything it stays a few sec and then it goes away and then i get the cmd prompt but with cscript.exe and then...
  8. Cmd prompt

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cmd prompt: I had win 10 setup so that shift right click context menus showed cmd prompt, as powershell does a lousy job with batch files, which I use a lot. Latest update killed that setting and I can't get it back. None of the suggestions on the web are working. So two questions:...
  9. Is cmd prompt traceable?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is cmd prompt traceable?: I want to use cmd prompt at my school to figure out the password to their WiFi, and I know I can do things like reset the administrator account’s password, or remotely shutdown any windows PC in the school, but refrain out of fear of expulsion. Basically, is using cmd prompt...
  10. Cmd prompt

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Cmd prompt: My cmd prompt isn't opening for my file (use for Minecraft modding) The option doesn't even show up to use it all that shows up is powershell https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cmd-prompt/5f084111-fa7d-4cdd-b450-68c430dcd7b0