Windows 10: CMD Prompt & System Restore

Discus and support CMD Prompt & System Restore in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello, Does anyone know if performing a system restore will revert the property settings for CMD prompt. For an example If i make CMD prompt run as... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Karanza725, Feb 11, 2019.

1. CMD Prompt & System Restore

Hello,

Does anyone know if performing a system restore will revert the property settings for CMD prompt. For an example If i make CMD prompt run as an admin every time I open it, would I have to tick the "Run as Administrator" box again after I do a system restore?

When I'm referring to the properties window for CMD prompt, I'm not talking about the one where you can change the font, colors, and layout. I'm talking about the one with the General, Shortcut, Options, and other additional tabs under properties.

On Windows 10, This option can be found under Properties ->Advanced -> The box where it says "Run as Administrator" and at the bottom it says the following: "This option allows you to run this shortcut as an administrator, while protecting your computer from unauthorized activity"

I'm wondering whether or not system restore would have an effect on this setting and if I need to go back and check that box again after performing system restore to an earlier date.

Also does this apply/effect the property settings of all Windows Executable files (including CMD) after a system restore has taken place?

I know there is a lot of information here but your help is greatly appreciated CMD Prompt & System Restore :) Thank you in advance for your help!

:)

Karanza725, Feb 11, 2019
  2. Paola Gar Win User

Cmd prompt (admin)

Rick,

If you wish your device to go back to it's previous OS, we suggest performing a
    System Restore. Here's how:

• Press and hold the Power button of your PC.
    • Press F11.
    • After pressing F11, you'll see the Choose an option window.
    • On the Choose an option window, click Troubleshoot.
    • Select Advanced options.
    • Choose System Restore.

After doing the following steps, your PC will now perform a System Restore.

Tell us what would be the result.

Paola Gar, Feb 11, 2019
  3. dalchina Win User
    Windows 10 1709 System Restore problems...

That seems to be an attempt at Option 2 in the tutorial, which requires you to
    a. Boot to a command prompt (Did you?)
    b. You then seem to be mixing steps 3,4 and 5, thus your command is incorrect.

I suggest Option 1 is easier.

If you still have problems, please repost listing each specific step and saying which option from the tutorial you are using. Thanks.

dalchina, Feb 11, 2019
  4. BoPilot Win User

CMD Prompt & System Restore

Low ping from cmd prompt high ping in game

Now the ping times are normal again 35ms-38ms cmd prompt 41ms from pingtest site. Just tested it 20min ago with 0 bandwidth usage on the router's monitor and got 35-38ms cmd prompt 160-350ms from 3 different ping test sites. As far as I can tell its completely random, the cmd prompt latency numbers are always same.

I can live with this, I have for a long time now. I just want to make some sense of it.

BoPilot, Feb 11, 2019
Thema:

CMD Prompt & System Restore

1. CMD Prompt & System Restore - Similar Threads - CMD Prompt System

2. %username% is not my account in CMD prompt line

in Windows 10 Customization
    %username% is not my account in CMD prompt line: When i use %username% command in cmd it should progress as my user name. But it progress as SYSTEM. I can see it when i type "echo %username% I see "SYSTEM"...
  3. after booting cmd prompt

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    after booting cmd prompt: sir please resolve my problem when system is on a cmd prompt shown 'c\users\user\appdata\roaming\microsoft\windows\lawctcfw\wcificsv.exe[ATTACH]...
  4. Bitsjobs cmd prompt random pop ups

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Bitsjobs cmd prompt random pop ups: Hi all, After an attack of intrusive software which I have now resolved I keep getting command prompt popping up for a split second. I managed to capture the command with a screen recorder and slow motion play back.. After reading a thread from 2014 on here I followed...
  5. BSOD After Running Verifier from Cmd Prompt

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD After Running Verifier from Cmd Prompt: I started off with a Kernel_Security_Check_Error that had been happening for awhile during Elite: Dangerous. I read on another forum to use Verifier to see if that would solve it. It then gave me this>> driver_verifier_iomanager_violation hidclass.sys on restart. I am...
  6. Cmd prompt to turn off Fast startup at boot

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Cmd prompt to turn off Fast startup at boot: Would an Autoexec Bat file work? Maybe turning off hibernate (?) The problem is on my Asus UX303LA laptop with Fast Start on I can't boot from a recovery usb. If I turn off Fast Startup all is well and the computer boots. What would be be the code? Thanks 98382
  7. cmd Scripts ask for elevated prompt

in Windows 10 Support
    cmd Scripts ask for elevated prompt: Hello, again *Smile I made a script to run a mmc console for de "Users & Computers of the domain" (DSA.EXE) Code: @Echo Off C:\Windows\System32\runas.exe /netonly /user:domain\user "mmc dsa.msc"[/quote] It was working fine until I ran into this issue : Erreur de...
  8. Random CMD prompt popping up at times ???

in Windows 10 Support
    Random CMD prompt popping up at times ???: So i keep getting this random CMD prompt that flashes on my desktop it happens so fast i cant see what the heck it is, it just pop up and flashes has writing on it then is gone, it did this before creator and is still doing it after, but how do i find out what the heck it is?...
  9. CMD prompt opens to X:

in Windows 10 Support
    CMD prompt opens to X:: Hi all. Just upgraded to Windows 10 and for some reason, my cmd prompt opens to X:. I'm not sure why it does that, but if I launch in Admin mode, it usually opens to C:[yada yada]. I'm not sure if this is the cause of many problems I am having with Python, pip, etc all...
  10. CMD command prompt (CPT) usage and explanations

in Windows 10 Support
    CMD command prompt (CPT) usage and explanations: I was wondering why file not found would occur when I try to access a DIR command on a directory.*Rolleyes DIR name >> file.txt Sincerely, 26623