Windows 10: Cmd screen flashes during startup! What is it?

Discus and support Cmd screen flashes during startup! What is it? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Every now and then, during startup (when all applications are loading, etc.) I'll get a cmd prompt window that flashes for a second or two (not long... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Homer712, Aug 4, 2020.

1. Homer712 Win User

Cmd screen flashes during startup! What is it?

Every now and then, during startup (when all applications are loading, etc.) I'll get a cmd prompt window that flashes for a second or two (not long enough to read/decipher what it says or what is happening) and then disappears. No idea what just loaded, started or anything. Just a flash (thanks MS).

Is there any way/method to catch these in some sort of history to be able to review the event? Like I stated, not often, even rare to be sure, but it sure would be nice to understand what just happened.

:)

Homer712, Aug 4, 2020
  2. Fernandz Win User

How To Format A Write Protected Flash Memory ?

¿You already tried this one?...

Run CMD

1. diskpart
    2. list disk

Then in the 3º step, put the correct number of disk in the list for the usb flash (if it's listed in disk 3, then you'll have to write select disk 3).

2. select disk #
    3. clean
    4. create partition primary
    5. select partition 1
    6. active
    7. format fs=fat32
    8. assign
    9. exit

with that commands you will format the flash drive in fat32, if you have a large drive you can select also "format fs=ntfs" in step 7.

good luck!

Fernandz, Aug 4, 2020
  3. Sasqui Win User
    Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Aug 4, 2020
  4. Avedis53 Win User

Can't get GPU-Z to start with Windows 8.1 startup

I'm not sure how to do that. Could you list the steps for a noob?

Avedis53, Aug 4, 2020
Thema:

1. Cmd screen flashes during startup! What is it? - Similar Threads - Cmd screen flashes

2. Screen flashing on windows startup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Screen flashing on windows startup: Hello,My computer was working just fine until earlier today, when I decided to restart it and upon startup my screen is endlessly flashing. I cannot do anything on the computer. I have been trying to find a solution online without any success. I had not installed any new...
  3. Terminal flashing on screen during startup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Terminal flashing on screen during startup: Whenever I start up my PC, the terminal app flashes on and off. Closing and opening around three different times.Is this a virus or a normal thing?...
  4. Terminal flashing on screen during startup

Terminal flashing on screen during startup: Whenever I start up my PC, the terminal app flashes on and off. Closing and opening around three different times.Is this a virus or a normal thing?...
  5. Red flashing screen on startup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Red flashing screen on startup: when i turn on my PC, it says fixing and then alot of numbers and brackets and the word volume. After that it goes to the sign in page where the background is red and it keeps on flashing. Sometimes when it flashes it will switch to the password screen but it doesn't give you...
  6. Red flashing screen on startup

Red flashing screen on startup: when i turn on my PC, it says fixing and then alot of numbers and brackets and the word volume. After that it goes to the sign in page where the background is red and it keeps on flashing. Sometimes when it flashes it will switch to the password screen but it doesn't give you...
  7. Red flashing screen on startup

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. Flashing CMD screen

in Windows 10 Support
    Flashing CMD screen: Hi all, Got another sneaky one Im getting spasmodic flashes of the CMD screen popping up in the back ground. Only lasts a split second and then gone. Everything is running OK but this is something new. What Ive done: Run SFC all OK. Run Chkdsk all OK, Rolled back my graphics...
  9. Blank Cmd box flashing on screen

in Windows 10 Customization
    Blank Cmd box flashing on screen: Tried everything I know - still flashing every min or so... https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/blank-cmd-box-flashing-on-screen/1a2c5e13-0272-4b51-b376-21e2dd4ecf6a
  10. Multiple CMD Boxes flash during booting

in Windows 10 Support
    Multiple CMD Boxes flash during booting: Hello, I hope you can help me. Intermittently I have noticed what appear to be command boxes pop up and disappear when booting to an account on Window 10 1903. I am concerned that this might be malware but nothing has shown up on AntiMalware Bytes or Norton 360. This has been...